Most Overrated/Underrated Bill right now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WCoastFin
    I have the arms of a new born baby!
    • Jul 2002

Most Overrated/Underrated Bill right now...

Underrated...Grant Irons, this guy has the capability of becoming a great player if he is consitent enough, last year I saw flashes of him and he is good....

Overrated....Drew Bledsoe, this guy hasnt done anything to prove he can win the big game, his only super bowl trip as a starter was due more to his teamates, the majority the defense.
    We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.
  • SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

underrated: Pat Williams. He is gaining respect, but the guy is an animal and one oft he best DTs in the league

Overrated: Rueben Brown. Still good, but not the all-pro he once was or the one people think he still is.

Comment

• Doc
      • Dec 2002

You're kidding about Bledsoe, right? If not for him, the Pats don't advance to the SB in 2001 after Brady went down in the Steelers AFCCG. As for the Packers SB, yeah those defense and ST's of his were amazing! They managed to hold the Pack to just 2-50+ yard TD's and Desmond Howard to under 300 yards in returns, making Howard the first, and likely ONLY, ST's player ever to be named SB MVP. I guess it was Bledsoe's fault he didn't play ST's. Oh and Bledsoe would have won the Rams SB well before the final ref-aided 48-yard FG drive.

Comment

• Wys Guy
        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
        • Jul 2002

Yeah, it was that 3 of 4 stretch for half a drive that really propelled Bledsoe into the MVP status for that game.

7 or 18 for 66 on less than 4 YPA and averaging ~ 1 completion/drive for the rest of the game w/ absolutely no personal contribution to any further scoring. Drew can thank the Pat D, Bill Cowher, that bumbling Pitt O, and Brady for taking any credit at all for that win.

I can't agree w/ Fin here more. Bledsoe has taken more credit for what the rest of his team has done that any other player playing today! Easily the most overrated.

Most underrated is tough. I'm not gonna vote for any of the DL since most of them are entering their 3rd season at least. I'd have to say Dave Moore, Josh Reed, or Kevin Thomas and I'll go w/ Moore. None of the three have really seen much PT, but Moore will this year and he's gonna impress everyone.
        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Comment

• Doc
            • Dec 2002

Bledsoe did a hell of a lot more than Brady did against the Steelers in that game and no less than Brady did to win the Superbowl Wys. He got the "W" despite coming off the bench cold after not having played in 4 months, without the majority of snaps in practice, and going against the best defense in the AFC.

As for underrated, I'd do with Pat Williams.
            Overrated I'd go with Ruben.

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

Underrated: Dave Moore - he was a quality TE in TB where he was one of the better blocking TE's in the league and a useful pass-catcher in short yardage situations. Yet no one in the league seems to think we have a capable starting TE.
              Overrated: Josh Reed - hasn't done squat yet but many people talk about him like he's a pro bowl receiver.
              Last edited by HenryRules; 05-15-2003, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• BillsNYC
                Man of the People
                • Jul 2002

underrated - van pelt

overrated - wys
                Thank you.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Underrated by the media - Winfield
                  Overrated - maybe London Fletcher
                  Chronic pessimist - Wys

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Overrated - Sam Adams
                    Underrated - McGahee

Comment

• Vetteman84
                      Im not a chick!
                      • Apr 2003

Pat Williams

Is the most underrated DT in the NFL. The most overrated we HAD was Peerless Price, Atl will now find this out. Currently the most overrated is Aaron Schoebel. His sack totals are deceptive. He gets a two or 2.5 in one or two games and picks up some garbage ones in others. He consistantly gets mauled and manhandled at the point of attack. He needs more strength and better techinue to take the next step.
                      Attached Files

"Let's Roll"
                      Todd Beamer
                      Flight 93
                      9/11/01

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

overrated: McGaHee may never be the same player as before the injury.
                        underrated: McGaHee if his knee comes back and he stays heathly he could be one of the best in Bills history!
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                          • Apr 2003

over-rated: mcgahee. the best rb in the draft yes. but dont forget what happened to him in the fiesta bowl. no not that, im talking about only 67 yards on 20 carries very "eh" IMO. that along with a few other games that were less than amazing. great potential, but hes no thurman or peyton just yet.

under-rated: brian moorman. after a rough first season with the bills, did an excelent job punting and i think one of the top punters in the league if he can keep up the good work
                          the dude abides

Comment

• BillC
                            The man in charge - Don't U forget it!
                            • Jul 2002

Over Rated- Pierson Prileoux (sp) This guy wa s a waiver wire pickup 21 games ago. People still think we don't need a safety and that this guy is all that and a bag of chips

Under Rated- Marques Sullivan. Awesome work last season

Comment

• Schobel94
                              The Sack Master
                              • Jan 2003

You know what, no one on the team is overated becuase no one (media) rates anyone on the Bills at all!! I think maybe Rueben Brown, he still kicks butt, but, well, maybe... Who else... not many. I think Henry doesnt get enough props, neither does Sullivan or Jennings, Reed, Wire, Thomas, SCHOBEL, and most definately Big Pat, I think he's the best DT not to make the probowl, he had more tackles than any other D-linemen in the NFL on our sorry D last year.
                              Beware the sack master!

Comment

Working...
                              X