PDA

View Full Version : What if . . .Trent and TO have really good years?

EDS
04-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Do you resign TO given his past history, age and likely salary demands?

Patrick76777
04-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Do you resign TO given his past history, age and likely salary demands?

Franchise Tag!

justasportsfan
04-09-2009, 12:41 PM
TO will want more than what we are paying Lee. NO way we offer TO that kind of money but we'll most likely throw more money for a mediocre player on the team if you can even call guys like Kelsay mediocre.

kid mickey
04-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I think that if the Bills do well you can expect T.O. to get a new deal. A lot of people are saying that T.O. will only be here for a year, but I can't see him just retiring after this year and I think he will be instrumental to getting the Bills to the play-offs if they make it that far. I honestly believe that if they make it to the play-offs he will be resigned for another year or two. He wants to prove that he still has something in the tank. I think he will finish his career as a Buffalo Bill. Probably retiring after he is 37-38. And I highly doubt that he passes on a contract that say gives him 12-14 mil for an additional 2 years.

SABURZFAN
04-09-2009, 12:47 PM
IF they have a good season, TO will go to whoever pays the most. i'm guessing it won't be the Buffalo Bills.

kid mickey
04-09-2009, 12:49 PM
TO will want more than what we are paying Lee. NO way we offer TO that kind of money but we'll most likely throw more money for a mediocre player on the team if you can even call guys like Kelsay mediocre.

Given his age he wouldn't get that money and he knows that. He went to Dallas did well there and wasn't getting paid as much as Lee Evans. I think he realizes this. Market isn't great for 35 year old receivers. I think he will play for what we are paying him now for the rest of his career. Its what he has been doing for the past 4 years now. He can't command 9 mil a year because he is older. He is at his peak. Might even be declining a bit.

kid mickey
04-09-2009, 12:52 PM
IF they have a good season, TO will go to whoever pays the most. i'm guessing it won't be the Buffalo Bills.

I'm guessing it will be the Bills. He got a similar contract from Dallas his first year then they extended him after that. I think the Bills wanna see what he's got left before they give him a three year deal. Similar to what they just did with Stroud. I don't think they will let him walk if he helps this team win!!!

homeslice5484
04-09-2009, 12:59 PM
yes if they do well...of course u try to keep him. Either way he will be exciting..good or bad.

SABURZFAN
04-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm guessing it will be the Bills. He got a similar contract from Dallas his first year then they extended him after that. I think the Bills wanna see what he's got left before they give him a three year deal. Similar to what they just did with Stroud. I don't think they will let him walk if he helps this team win!!!

grab your umbrellas, put on your raincoat, and get the submersible pump fired up. if that happens, we're going to see whining taken to a whole new level in here. TO is a creature of habit. his antics will grow old, with the fans, and they'll want him gone. it'll be VERY interesting if you're right. :movie:

ELAYAS
04-09-2009, 01:19 PM
We'll make it to the SB this year, extend TO, while he promises to stick around 'till we win it all, which after another heartbreaking SB loss in '10, we'll finally do it in '11! Then he can retire as THE guy who could get the Bills a ring!!!

SABURZFAN
04-09-2009, 01:35 PM
We'll make it to the SB this year, extend TO, while he promises to stick around 'till we win it all, which after another heartbreaking SB loss in '10, we'll finally do it in '11! Then he can retire as THE guy who could get the Bills a ring!!!

i like your thinking but i don't like these Super Bowl losses.

justasportsfan
04-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Given his age he wouldn't get that money and he knows that. He went to Dallas did well there and wasn't getting paid as much as Lee Evans. I think he realizes this. Market isn't great for 35 year old receivers. I think he will play for what we are paying him now for the rest of his career. Its what he has been doing for the past 4 years now. He can't command 9 mil a year because he is older. He is at his peak. Might even be declining a bit.

under this scenario where he's productive , age won't matter.

EDS
04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
I think that if the Bills do well you can expect T.O. to get a new deal. A lot of people are saying that T.O. will only be here for a year, but I can't see him just retiring after this year and I think he will be instrumental to getting the Bills to the play-offs if they make it that far. I honestly believe that if they make it to the play-offs he will be resigned for another year or two. He wants to prove that he still has something in the tank. I think he will finish his career as a Buffalo Bill. Probably retiring after he is 37-38. And I highly doubt that he passes on a contract that say gives him 12-14 mil for an additional 2 years.

If the Bills go 10-6, get a wild card and lose in the first round is it enough to justify bringing TO back or do you use the goodwill engendered by a playoff appearence to lure some other talented, yet more stable talent into the fold?

ELAYAS
04-09-2009, 01:54 PM
i like your thinking but i don't like these Super Bowl losses.

It's the Bills after all :ill: :drama:

:gobills:

bigbub2352
04-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Franchise him, 2yr deal if he behaves and all is well
most likely scenario he will go to highest bidder

jamze132
04-10-2009, 05:43 AM
The good thing is that the Bills do have the ability to tag him, but it would be rather expensive, wouldn't it? If TO really wanted out so he could go get a ring somewhere, but we tagged him anyways, I doubt you would get 100% through 16 games from him.

If TO doesn't want to do something, he could make it hell on anyone in the locker room. He could make trent swallow his own tongue and choke on it.