PDA

View Full Version : Joyous News For Joe Ferguson And His Family!

wyobilzfan
04-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I posted this on the BBMB, but also wanted to post this great news here.

Happy Easter Everyone!!!

I just received an incredible email from Joe and Sandy Ferguson. As most of you know, Joe has been fighting cancer for five years now and has gone through EXTENSIVE treatment over the last few years.

I'm honored, happy, overjoyed, and overwhelmed to announce that for the first time since 2004, ALL OF JOE'S BLOOD COUNTS ARE NORMAL!!!!

What an Easter Blessing!!!!

God Bless you, Joe... keep up the good fight, and you and Sandy will be in many Bills fans thoughts and prayers over this Easter holiday.

Jan Reimers
04-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Great news for a really great guy.

cocamide
04-09-2009, 05:55 PM
I must be in the wrong place. This thread doesn't mention Peters, the draft, TO, Wilson's cheapness, or our inept coaching staff.

All kidding aside, this is great news, and I hope he stays healthy for many years to come.

SquishDaFish
04-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Awesome News!!

T-Long
04-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Hell ya! Wait to kick its ass Joe!

BAM
04-09-2009, 08:02 PM
That is absolutely wonderful. So there's some good news out there afterall. :)

Night Train
04-09-2009, 08:44 PM
:bf1:

One of the all time nicest Bills I ever met. Great news.

TigerJ
04-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I never had a chance to see Joe Ferguson in person, but it's easy to tell from TV appearances that he's an all around good guy; down to earth, courteous, humble. I wish him continued success and ultimate victory over the cancer, and a long happy life.

wyobilzfan
04-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Thanks, everyone. I used to be an oncology nurse and a psychotherapist who specialized in working with people with cancer (started as a pup at Roswell Park), so I had the privilege of staying in touch with Joe and his family throughout his battle against cancer.

True to his form on the field, and with the unwavering and devout love and support of his wife Sandy, their family is finally able to go on with their lives and put this experience behind them.

True he will have to be continually monitored, but this is such a blessing no matter what happens from here on out. There was a mountain as high as Mt. Everest that he had to climb to get where he is at today, and it just underscores that fighter who played the Chargers with a busted ankle.

Those are HOF moments in football... and I wish they included "HOF moments" as a more recognized feature at the HOF.

Joe Ferguson is a HOF man in the biggest Hall of All.

SABURZFAN
04-10-2009, 06:54 AM
I posted this on the BBMB, but also wanted to post this great news here.

Happy Easter Everyone!!!

I just received an incredible email from Joe and Sandy Ferguson. As most of you know, Joe has been fighting cancer for five years now and has gone through EXTENSIVE treatment over the last few years.

I'm honored, happy, overjoyed, and overwhelmed to announce that for the first time since 2004, ALL OF JOE'S BLOOD COUNTS ARE NORMAL!!!!

What an Easter Blessing!!!!

God Bless you, Joe... keep up the good fight, and you and Sandy will be in many Bills fans thoughts and prayers over this Easter holiday.

that's awesome. i hope the original #12 can stay healthy.

SABURZFAN
04-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Thanks, everyone. I used to be an oncology nurse and a psychotherapist who specialized in working with people with cancer (started as a pup at Roswell Park), so I had the privilege of staying in touch with Joe and his family throughout his battle against cancer.

True to his form on the field, and with the unwavering and devout love and support of his wife Sandy, their family is finally able to go on with their lives and put this experience behind them.

True he will have to be continually monitored, but this is such a blessing no matter what happens from here on out. There was a mountain as high as Mt. Everest that he had to climb to get where he is at today, and it just underscores that fighter who played the Chargers with a busted ankle.

Those are HOF moments in football... and I wish they included "HOF moments" as a more recognized feature at the HOF.

Joe Ferguson is a HOF man in the biggest Hall of All.

nobody could drag their chin in the turf, after an interception, better than Fergy either. seriously, Fergy was one of my favorites as a kid. i was wondering a few weeks back how he was. the guy was/is a class act.

HHURRICANE
04-10-2009, 09:51 AM
I had the chance to meet Joe Ferguson as a kid and I can say he was the nicest Bill I have ever met.

yordad
04-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Thank you for sharing. You should come around more often, wyo.

wyobilzfan
04-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Hi yordad!!! It's great to 'see' you. I do plan to be around here more. This is a great message board.

Happy Easter, everyone.

And I'm so glad the Fergusons will have an extra special Easter this year!!!

chernobylwraiths
04-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Happy Easter and great news about Joe.

God bless Joe Ferguson!