If we had 4 1st round picks I wouldnt get Pettigrew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

If we had 4 1st round picks I wouldnt get Pettigrew

Why? Look at his scouting report

Good

Outstanding size with a large frame...Very long arms...Smooth and a good natural athlete...Has big soft hands and can make the difficult catch...Great strength...Excellent blocker in-line and in space...Stout at the point of attack and can anchor...Gets a good push in the run game...Really knows how to use his body...Powerful runner who can do some damage after the catch...Tough with a killer instinct and plays with a nasty demeanor...Has lots of experience... Still has some upside.

Bad

Average timed speed...Is not real quick or explosive...Motor runs hot and cold at times...Has room to improve as a route runner...Needs to work on his ball security...Not very elusive...Questionable football IQ ... Minor durability concerns ... Ran into some trouble off the field.

Now you know what I got out of this.

Good, great blocker, great size

Bad, fumbles, not fast, not great route runner, injury problems, no run after catch

Now who does this sound like

Schouman? Royal? Fine? Darian Barnes

Not only that but we are supposably looking for a pass catching TE to cause match up problems. Not a biger and younger version of royal. Nothing about this guy screems Winslow or Gates or Gonzalaz.

Just for kicks, lets show one of my guys. Travis Beckum in the 3rd-4th

Strengths:
    Excellent athleticism...Great speed and quickness with a burst...Long arms...Very soft hands...Terrific body control and ball skills...Good leaper...Smooth and runs good routes...Can get down the seam and stretch the field vertically...Shows some elusiveness after the catch and runs hard...Will work the middle and catch the ball in traffic...Able to line up all over the field...Super confident...Impressive production.

Weaknesses:
    Just average height and bulk...Small hands...Not very physical and weight room strength doesn't transfer...Leaves much to be desired as a blocker, especially in-line...Intelligence has been questioned...Has been labeled as immature by some...Durability's a concern..' Tweener?

What I got out

Fast, Athletic, Balls skills, vertical threat, good after catch, hops, can catch ball in middle,

Small, not great blocker, immature

Stats

Beckum last year, 6 games

23 catches, 264 yds

Pettigrew in 10 games

42 catches, 472 yds

Vids

BP- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBWke-myLQw

TB- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK9t_FHkMz0
    Last edited by Mitchell55; 04-09-2009, 07:21 PM.
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: If we had 4 1st round picks I wouldnt get Pettigrew

good post Mitchell good post

Comment

• Mitchell55
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
      good post Mitchell good post

Added more that I forgot to write. Accidentley pressed post to quick.

Comment

• DrGraves
        • Mar 2008

The Bills would definitely take him if we had that many 1st rounders.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mitchell59
          Added more that I forgot to write. Accidentley pressed post to quick.
          no worries no worries...i gotta agree w/ u....the guy does nothing for me to show that he deserves to be a first rounder, i wouldnt even pick him in the second, jared cook and shawne nelson are more of what we need otherwise i'm fine w/ letting schouman and fine develope

Comment

• Mitchell55
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by DrGraves
            The Bills would definitely take him if we had that many 1st rounders.

The bills would, I wouldnt

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Maybe people should watch players during the college season to make their OWN opinion instead of making their decisions based on what someone else writes.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I would rather have Pettigrew, but not enough more to take him 2 rounds higher, and not enough for a 1st. I think our T.O. addition makes him perfect for our short term needs, in the very least.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Considering Pettigrew has recorded zero fumbles (I think he actually did fumble once, but ESPN has zero in his stats for his entire career), I don't think it's much of a weakness.

So now Pettigrew has injury problems as one of his negatives, but Beckum doesn't? Even though he spent most of this past season out with a major injury?

Pettigrew has extremely soft hands, and makes great catches, funny how you didn't mention that in your little summary. Looks like you're only seeing what you want to see out of that scouting report. He is very tough to bring down, and the only reason he won't get a ton of YAC is because he's not real fast. But he will get tough yards. And maybe you missed the part saying "Powerful runner who can do some damage after the catch"

If you want to draft Beckum, why don't we just get a wide receiver? That's essentially what Beckum is.

Pettigrew can't stretch the seam, but he's a very dependable receiver who is great on the short routes. Gee, it would really suck to have a dependable receiver for Trent who could help our running game out tremendously.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not sure how the stats help your argument. Pettigrew average more yards per game and more catches per game.
                  Last edited by psubills62; 04-09-2009, 08:05 PM.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

I don't want Pettigrew...I feel there is better value later in the draft.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

How the hell are we getting 4 first round picks?
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                        It's the Madden way!

Comment

• Mitchell55
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BillsWin

It was hypothetical. Basically I was saying how much I dont want him.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by psubills62
                            Considering Pettigrew has recorded zero fumbles (I think he actually did fumble once, but ESPN has zero in his stats for his entire career), I don't think it's much of a weakness. Just saying what I read

So now Pettigrew has injury problems as one of his negatives, but Beckum doesn't? Even though he spent most of this past season out with a major injury? Durability is injury problems

Pettigrew has extremely soft hands, and makes great catches, funny how you didn't mention that in your little summary. Looks like you're only seeing what you want to see out of that scouting report. He is very tough to bring down, and the only reason he won't get a ton of YAC is because he's not real fast. But he will get tough yards. And maybe you missed the part saying "Powerful runner who can do some damage after the catch" I agree, didnt see it at 1st glance, good catch. But still have never seen it him live, maybe last year but never saw it this year.

If you want to draft Beckum, why don't we just get a wide receiver? That's essentially what Beckum is. Same could be said about dustin kellar and kellen winslow.

Pettigrew can't stretch the seam, but he's a very dependable receiver who is great on the short routes. Gee, it would really suck to have a dependable receiver for Trent who could help our running game out tremendously. Yes, but the same was with Royal. Royal was known for 4 yd- 11 yd passes, Trent used him alot last year. Royal was a dependable short yardage reciever who blocked very well. Same with Brandon.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not sure how the stats help your argument. Pettigrew average more yards per game and more catches per game.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                              Maybe people should watch players during the college season to make their OWN opinion instead of making their decisions based on what someone else writes.

I dont watch college football alot. It bores the crap out of me and is hard to get into since every player is gone after 2-3 years (freshmans dont play often). I watch alot of videos and special features when they go into the NFL though.

Comment

Working...
                              X