PDA

View Full Version : **** this ****ing team....

OpIv37
04-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Too little, too late.

A game like this shows how much potential these guys have. Roy and Pominville were great, and the CAROLINA announcers couldn't STFU about how well Tallinder and Lydman were playing. Miller was great and the team robbed him of a shutout again. Even Moore had a good game.

It just shows what could have been if these guys had any heart or desire- if they could have been consistent for even 1 month of the season.

And on that note, **** Derrick Roy. This guy has all the skill in the world but he just can't play consistently either. He's becoming the Derrick Coleman of hockey.

JD
04-09-2009, 09:05 PM
The lack of heart and desire is truly sickening. They should all take pay cuts next year. Guaranteeing money ruins the sport.

Perform well, get paid well.. that's how it should be.

Nighthawk
04-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Too little, too late.

A game like this shows how much potential these guys have. Roy and Pominville were great, and the CAROLINA announcers couldn't STFU about how well Tallinder and Lydman were playing. Miller was great and the team robbed him of a shutout again. Even Moore had a good game.

It just shows what could have been if these guys had any heart or desire- if they could have been consistent for even 1 month of the season.

And on that note, **** Derrick Roy. This guy has all the skill in the world but he just can't play consistently either. He's becoming the Derrick Coleman of hockey.

There is not ONE player on this team who I wouldn't deal in a heartbeat. It would be nice if a Buffalo sports organization actually tried to go out and make it's team better instead of hoping it will get better. I'm done with hoping...it's time for some action to make us a winner.

JD
04-09-2009, 09:07 PM
There is not ONE player on this team who I wouldn't deal in a heartbeat. It would be nice if a Buffalo sports organization actually tried to go out and make it's team better instead of hoping it will get better. I'm done with hoping...it's time for some action to make us a winner.

Guess ya don't gotcha popcorn ready!

Dr. Lecter
04-09-2009, 09:08 PM

Miller, Butler and Guastad.

I would not deal any of them in heartbeat.

Nighthawk
04-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Guess ya don't gotcha popcorn ready!

Ehh, I like the Owens move, but they haven't filled other holes that were there at the end of the season. They're still hoping the young players can play well.

Nighthawk
04-09-2009, 09:11 PM

Wow, so what you're telling me is that if some team offered you a fair deal that was good for this organization, you'd keep Gaustad? I highly doubt that. Anybody is tradeable...and I mean anybody.

Dr. Lecter
04-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Wow, so what you're telling me is that if some team offered you a fair deal that was good for this organization, you'd keep Gaustad? I highly doubt that. Anybody is tradeable...and I mean anybody.

You are talking about two different things. I never said I would not trade them at all. Trading a player in a heartbeat implies that you would get rid of them very quickly and would not think twice about it. If that is not not what you meant, then we might agree.

Every player is tradeable. Some moreso than others. Those three (along with Roy - his salary vs. production ratio is very good and he is locked up) are near the bottom of my list.

Are you telling me you want to dump Miller and Butler?

rbochan
04-09-2009, 09:14 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/rbochan/notyours.jpg

OpIv37
04-09-2009, 09:15 PM

Butler? Really? He still looks shaky to me.

I've been a huge fan of Gaustad ever since he took out Ovechkin after the cheap shot on Briere a few years ago. He's tough, he never backs down, he's smart on the ice and he's got a little talent to go with the toughness. But he's not the kind of skill player on which one can build a team around.

And Miller- well, I wouldn't be happy to lose him, but if we're just going to put this garbage in front of him all the time, what difference does it make if we have him or not?

Nighthawk
04-09-2009, 09:18 PM
You are talking about two different things. I never said I would not trade them at all. Trading a player in a heartbeat implies that you would get rid of them very quickly and would not think twice about it. If that is not not what you meant, then we might agree.

Every player is tradeable. Some moreso than others. Those three (along with Roy - his salary vs. production ratio is very good and he is locked up) are near the bottom of my list.

Are you telling me you want to dump Miller and Butler?

I'm more in agreement with what you said, but more so what I mean is that if somebody comes knocking with a fair offer for anybody on this roster, then I'd do it in a heartbeat...if it made sense. Of course Miller and Butler are two guys I really like, so that deal would have to be very good. The others, ehh, not so much. This team is built of a bunch of losers and they have proved it the past two years...there is nothing that this organization can sell to me that would make me happy if they don't make any changes.

Dr. Lecter
04-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Butler? Really? He still looks shaky to me.

I've been a huge fan of Gaustad ever since he took out Ovechkin after the cheap shot on Briere a few years ago. He's tough, he never backs down, he's smart on the ice and he's got a little talent to go with the toughness. But he's not the kind of skill player on which one can build a team around.

And Miller- well, I wouldn't be happy to lose him, but if we're just going to put this garbage in front of him all the time, what difference does it make if we have him or not?

Butler is a 21 year old kid who was playing for the University of Denver 365 days ago. Of course he looks shaky at times. He is a damn rookie. He played very well for a guy his age and experience.

As for Guastad, you do not build a team around him. I agree. But all teams need a player (or more) like him. He also can play in all situations (5 on 5, PK, PP) and wins more than 50% of his faceoffs. A player that would be a key cog in a good team. He is not a top line guy though.

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2009, 10:42 PM

For the most part, I agree. Though Butler needs to get a bit more physical for my taste.

Mitchell55
04-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Too little, too late.

Roys not consistant? What have you been watching? I have not seen a game where he didnt make a great pass or get a great shot opportunity. Hes one of our most consitant players. Even when he doesnt score goals or get assists he is always our best PK and forechecker. Same goes for Moore which confuses me about the even Moore had a great game talk. He is also one of our more consistant players.

Mitchell55
04-09-2009, 11:45 PM

Players I wouldnt deal

Gaustad, Miller, Roy, Conolly, and Moore. Possibly Spacek to.

SabreEleven
04-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Roys not consistant? What have you been watching? I have not seen a game where he didnt make a great pass or get a great shot opportunity. Hes one of our most consitant players. Even when he doesnt score goals or get assists he is always our best PK and forechecker. Same goes for Moore which confuses me about the even Moore had a great game talk. He is also one of our more consistant players.

You must be live in the same universe as LW. I can't count how many times I've yelled at Roy for trying to stick handle through a teams entire defense...He had a horrible year.

SkateZilla
04-10-2009, 01:55 AM
rbo, none of our players are old enough to grow beards, cept for Teppo...

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2009, 04:49 AM
You must be live in the same universe as LW. I can't count how many times I've yelled at Roy for trying to stick handle through a teams entire defense...He had a horrible year.

Horrible?

Inconsistent? Sure. But horrible? No way.

OpIv37
04-10-2009, 08:22 AM

And when exactly did Moore or Roy score an important goal over the stretch run these last few weeks? They disappeared at crunch time. It's great to see Roy make an excellent lead pass or get a great opportunity, but players of his caliber need to make that **** pay off in the end. This is where the consistency part comes in. Did you see Roy's shootout goal? He made it look ridiculously easy. There was no doubt in his mind that the puck would end up in the net. Why can't he do that consistently over the course of the season?

Also, as S11 said, he developed Max syndrome: he tries to skate the puck through 4 guys and coughs it up. There's no need for that crap.

SabreEleven
04-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Horrible?

Inconsistent? Sure. But horrible? No way.

When he is suppose to be a leader on this team and he turns out to be just a regular player even taking 2 steps backwards, that is a horrible year. He didn't' improve what so ever, he went backwards. This team needed more from him and he didn't deliver, no even close. They paid him enough.

Mski
04-10-2009, 04:12 PM
guys i wouldnt want to trade, mair vanek butler sekera miller gaustad and rivet.... i like kaletta too, but could probably be easily replaced

OpIv37
04-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Butler is a 21 year old kid who was playing for the University of Denver 365 days ago. Of course he looks shaky at times. He is a damn rookie. He played very well for a guy his age and experience.

As for Guastad, you do not build a team around him. I agree. But all teams need a player (or more) like him. He also can play in all situations (5 on 5, PK, PP) and wins more than 50% of his faceoffs. A player that would be a key cog in a good team. He is not a top line guy though.

Agree on Gaustad- I forgot about the face offs.

As for Butler- I understand that he's young but I wasn't impressed with his improvement over the course of the season. He got better, but not THAT much better.