PDA

View Full Version : How much has your opinion changed about Reed?

Mitchell55
04-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Im thinking back on last years offseason and how many people just wanted this guy gone. Every 5 minutes a new trade idea for getting rid of reed, so many why did we draft him so high threads, now hes almost a untouchable. Im just wondering how much has your opinion changed?

realdealryan
04-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Im thinking back on last years offseason and how many people just wanted this guy gone. Every 5 minutes a new trade idea for getting rid of reed, so many why did we draft him so high threads, now hes almost a untouchable. Im just wondering how much has your opinion changed?

If we had a better slot option, I'd be all for it. Josh occasionally has a good day. Big deal.

Mitchell55
04-10-2009, 12:21 AM
If we had a better slot option, I'd be all for it. Josh occasionally has a good day. Big deal.
He also has the most consistant hands on our team.

realdealryan
04-10-2009, 12:27 AM

Consistent*

Also Lee Evans is on our team.

Mitchell55
04-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Consistent*

Also Lee Evans is on our team.
Lee Evans is not consistent.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-10-2009, 02:28 AM
Reed does have the best hands of this WR corp. Even better than TO's! But, he is not a number 2 as much as I hate to say it

Mitchell55
04-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Reed does have the best hands of this WR corp. Even better than TO's! But, he is not a number 2 as much as I hate to say it
But a very good number 3.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-10-2009, 02:43 AM
But a very good number 3.
That i have to agree with

jamze132
04-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Reed is best suited for the slot. He has had his chances to be the #2 in the past. My views on him haven't changed.

SABURZFAN
04-10-2009, 06:49 AM

every 5 minutes means 12 an hour. i bet you created half of them. :jk:

my opinion of Reed hasn't changed one bit. i think he's reliable and a tad underrated.

Jan Reimers
04-10-2009, 06:56 AM
I have thought for the last 3 or 4 years that he was our second best receiver, a reliable guy with good hands, the ability to run after the catch, and to move the chains.

He's a much better 3rd receiver, which he'll be with the addition of TO, but he did a nice job when forced to be our number 2.

cocamide
04-10-2009, 07:13 AM

I'm consistent. I consistently drop everything that's thrown to me.

Don't Panic
04-10-2009, 08:10 AM
He will be great with Lee and TO. Solid hands and a great run blocker for a WR, which will be that much more valued if we have a receiving TE on the field (which is still a big if) and 3 WR sets on running plays.

psubills62
04-10-2009, 08:10 AM
I have thought for the last 3 or 4 years that he was our second best receiver, a reliable guy with good hands, the ability to run after the catch, and to move the chains.

He's a much better 3rd receiver, which he'll be with the addition of TO, but he did a nice job when forced to be our number 2.

Agree with this. I think what makes Reed valuable to this team is that he's Trent Edwards's safety blanket.

ddaryl
04-10-2009, 08:12 AM
I was never as down on Reed as others were, but my patience was starting to thin a few years back...

casdhf
04-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Reed basically acts as our TE in this offense. Short stuff, move the chains, block ... he's good at it.

I have 0 problem with him here.

cocamide
04-10-2009, 09:02 AM

The ability to run after the catch is what I like most about him. Unlike Roscoe, it takes more than one arm to get him down. I'm just thinking of the time he pin-balled off of Miami's DBs and then broke through into the endzone. I'd like to see more of that from him.

FlyingDutchman
04-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Josh Reed has the most consistent hands my left foot. Please pass what youre smoking this way. He better catch his 5 yard route passes or he wouldnt be in the NFL anymore. He had 1 good year with Trent, basically as a check down receiver bc we have no TEs that get open. The day Jost Reed makes a clutch or difficult catch ill believe in him. Ive never once seen it. How quickly people forget every crap year before his ONE AND ONLY decent year.

justasportsfan
04-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Reed is nothing great but he's been Trents most dependable target in the short game especially on 3rd downs. He is what he is , a dependable safety net.

patmoran2006
04-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Josh Reed has the most consistent hands my left foot. Please pass what youre smoking this way. He better catch his 5 yard route passes or he wouldnt be in the NFL anymore. He had 1 good year with Trent, basically as a check down receiver bc we have no TEs that get open. The day Jost Reed makes a clutch or difficult catch ill believe in him. Ive never once seen it. How quickly people forget every crap year before his ONE AND ONLY decent year.He had a clutch catch late against the Redskins in 2007 when we won on the road.

Having said that, I tend to agree with you overall more than I disagree.

FlyingDutchman
04-10-2009, 11:26 AM
He had a clutch catch late against the Redskins in 2007 when we won on the road.

Having said that, I tend to agree with you overall more than I disagree.

yeah as i was writing that, that was the only catch that came to mind. It really seemed to be more of complete blown coverage than anything. but i will give you that one

mikemac2001
04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Our offense wasnt the same after he was hurt

The last buffalo fan
04-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Nada. He's still one of my fav players! :bf1:

EDS
04-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Has anyone ever thought of Reed as anything other then a decent possession receiver best utilized in a back-up role?

Spiderweb
04-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Josh Reed has the most consistent hands my left foot. Please pass what youre smoking this way. He better catch his 5 yard route passes or he wouldnt be in the NFL anymore. He had 1 good year with Trent, basically as a check down receiver bc we have no TEs that get open. The day Jost Reed makes a clutch or difficult catch ill believe in him. Ive never once seen it. How quickly people forget every crap year before his ONE AND ONLY decent year.

Josh had a very solid rookie year, followed by a couple years of very inconsistent play. The past couple, he has been very solid so back off a bit and open your eyes. Last year, it became very apparent that he provides need 1st downs and moves the chains. In his absence, while injured last year, the Bills offense was horrible.

With that said, I'd love for him to be our slot receiver. He's strong, and plays tough.