PDA

View Full Version : I might change my second round pick from Robinson to...

BillsWin
04-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Barwin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u79CJdrxZbo&feature=related

I've liked him in the second from day one of the offseason, I only changed my pick because I think Robinson does more good for us at the moment. But what do you think about the guy?

Mitchell55
04-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Well most people will say, no hes white. But as far as ive seen he looks like a good prospect. But if you want a 2nd round DE, go for English.

seanbillsfan
04-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Well most people will say, no hes white. But as far as ive seen he looks like a good prospect. But if you want a 2nd round DE, go for English.
Who would say 'no he's white'?

Mitchell55
04-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Who would say 'no he's white'?
Alot of people see a white DE and its automatically a no deal.

BillsWin
04-10-2009, 12:38 AM

Well that would be a socially ignorant statement, wouldn't it be?.

Mitchell55
04-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Well that would be a socially ignorant statement, wouldn't it be?.
Pretty much but we are football fans, ignorance is life.

Dude
04-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Pretty much but we are football fans, ignorance is life.:whatthe:

These are some of the most ignorant and ******ed statements I've ever seen on a message board.

About Barwin, though - I would absolutely love to see him in a Bills uni. He's a tremendous talent, extremely athletic, and smart as hell.

And he's white, which makes it even more incredible. :rolleyes:

Jan Reimers
04-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Pretty much but we are football fans, ignorance is life.
Sounds like the Zone's new motto.

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2009, 08:04 AM
New?

SABURZFAN
04-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Well most people will say, no hes white.

not if he has a high motor. :beers:

Tatonka
04-10-2009, 08:18 AM
i love barwin.

yordad
04-10-2009, 08:37 AM
I don't think he is all that great. I do think the "high motor" comments are accurate though. He would fit right in with our DEs, but I don't want a guy who fits in. I want a guy who can eat ours.

Plus, I don't think he presents all that great a value in the second. I think there will likely be greater value elsewhere.

And, I think Robinson, if available, is a clear immediate upgrade to the O-line.

Basically I am hopeful that if we do not get to take a DE @ 11, then one I like more is still available in the second. I do not think Barwin is the addition the Bills NEED, and is an even bigger project then most. He would be hard to pass on in the third though, even if the Bills nabb Orakpo in the 1st (although I am hoping for Freeman, OLB).

Dude
04-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I do not think Barwin is the addition the Bills NEED, and is an even bigger project then most.He may not necessarily fit a need, but in no way is he the "project" you think. Don't fall in to Mitchell's "white guy" trap.

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Just say no to cracka' ass honkeys, dammit!

psubills62
04-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Just say no to cracka' ass honkeys, dammit!

Does this mean we can also use racial insults for races other than Caucasians?

cocamide
04-10-2009, 09:09 AM
He seems real quick. Is he big enough to play DE at the NFL level though? It seems like Patriot fans are pretty high on him, which means they'll get him and he'll have 5 sacks against us. Let's just pick him up so that doesn't happen. He'll probably run circles around Peters's fat ass.

Tatonka
04-10-2009, 09:19 AM
this is the thing that really bothers me about the "high motor" label. it always gets slapped on white athletes and it usually indicates that he is not as physically gifted as another player, but he tries real hard all the time.. Kelsay and Kyle Williams are perfect examples.

but when your talking about Barwin.. that is not the case at all.. is he high motor? yeah.. he plays like his hair is on fire.. but he is a SUPREME athlete.. much better athlete than almost any other player in this draft. the guy ran a 4.50. at 6'3" and 260 lbs.. that is sick.. his verticle was over 40" which shows he has great explosiveness.. he was a very good Tight end 2 years ago, and played great in his first year at DE last year.. he was also a solid basketball player for Cincy's basketball team.

the guy is just a great athlete, but he is not a lazy pussy like matt jones.. another great athlete who was scared to work. i have heard 2 interviews on Sirius with Kirwin and the kid definately sounds like he is not only a hard worker but that he thrives on it.

i would be extatic if he ended up a bill.

Tatonka
04-10-2009, 09:24 AM
all that being said.. we need duke robinson a lot worse in round 2 if i had to pick between the 2.

ideally, we trade peters and get phillys 2 firsts..

and in our first 6 picks we could grab

Oher
Robinson
Sintim
Barwin
Ingram
Wood

gil
04-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Barwin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u79CJdrxZbo&feature=related

I've liked him in the second from day one of the offseason, I only changed my pick because I think Robinson does more good for us at the moment. But what do you think about the guy?

You get a pick in the draft? Sweet!

Seems like the guy might be worth a chance - I guess he does seem "similar" to other DE's we've had though lol

psubills62
04-10-2009, 09:57 AM
all that being said.. we need duke robinson a lot worse in round 2 if i had to pick between the 2.

ideally, we trade peters and get phillys 2 firsts..

and in our first 6 picks we could grab

Otah
Robinson
Sintim
Barwin
Ingram
Wood

Otah? As in the Jeff Otah that was drafted last year? I'm guessing you meant Oher...

Dude
04-10-2009, 09:58 AM
this is the thing that really bothers me about the "high motor" label. it always gets slapped on white athletes and it usually indicates that he is not as physically gifted as another player, but he tries real hard all the time.. Kelsay and Kyle Williams are perfect examples.

but when your talking about Barwin.. that is not the case at all.. is he high motor? yeah.. he plays like his hair is on fire.. but he is a SUPREME athlete.. much better athlete than almost any other player in this draft. the guy ran a 4.50. at 6'3" and 260 lbs.. that is sick.. his verticle was over 40" which shows he has great explosiveness.. he was a very good Tight end 2 years ago, and played great in his first year at DE last year.. he was also a solid basketball player for Cincy's basketball team.

the guy is just a great athlete, but he is not a lazy pussy like matt jones.. another great athlete who was scared to work. i have heard 2 interviews on Sirius with Kirwin and the kid definately sounds like he is not only a hard worker but that he thrives on it.

i would be extatic if he ended up a bill.Thank you.

I've watched him play throughout his career - both basketball and football. The kid is about as solid an athlete as you will find.

Tatonka
04-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Otah? As in the Jeff Otah that was drafted last year? I'm guessing you meant Oher...

yeah.. sorry.. typo.

Saratoga Slim
04-10-2009, 10:24 AM

i would be extatic if he ended up a bill.

I agree 100%. He's 255 now, and I'd like to see him put on a little weight to be able to handle the run better, but he's a phenomenal athlete. He's on Sirius with Kirwin/Ryan frequently, and comes across as smart, fiesty & articulate.

I would be very happy to see us tag him in the 2nd.

yordad
04-10-2009, 10:28 AM
He may not necessarily fit a need, but in no way is he the "project" you think. Don't fall in to Mitchell's "white guy" trap.I don't give a crap what color dude is. He has limited moves and his sacks were mostly hustle and coverage sacks.

Dude
04-10-2009, 10:38 AM
I don't give a crap what color dude is. He has limited moves and his sacks were mostly hustle and coverage sacks.How many UC games did you see this past season?

justasportsfan
04-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I dont know much about him but I really didn't see him dominate or bullrush any tackle from that video. He really does look like Kelsay in that video.

yordad
04-10-2009, 10:52 AM
How many UC games did you see this past season?Well considering you won't know if I'm telling the truth either way, I might as well say most of them. I mean, I don't even see that much that is all too impressive in his highlight reel.

Bmax
04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
No on Barwin...Why ?

His inexperience is one thing...I would rather take Ayers in rd 1 with a trade down or Tyson Jackson....who is a big and very physical player which Barwin is not...

In Rd 2 Guard I would be my choice unless a guy highly rated slips...In rd 3 look out for huge Left guard Herman Johnson

Bmax

Tatonka
04-10-2009, 12:29 PM
ayers has NEVER had production.. NEVER. 3 sacks. really??

Dude
04-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Well considering you won't know if I'm telling the truth either way, I might as well say most of them. I mean, I don't even see that much that is all too impressive in his highlight reel.You know, the Bengals draft that way. They won't hire enough scouts to be able to watch prospects in person, so they go off of highlight reels. That strategy hasn't worked out too well.

I'm just sayin' ....

psubills62
04-10-2009, 12:45 PM
ayers has NEVER had production.. NEVER. 3 sacks. really??

I think 15.5 TFL is pretty good production.