PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts About a DE in the Draft

User Manuel
04-10-2009, 07:39 AM
If we take one, you do realize he wont be a starter this year, right?

There is no way the Bills sit Kelsay, Denney or Schobel to start a rookie. So, if you are looking for immediate impact from #11 then it will have to be as a situational pass rusher.

I don't think any of these guys are good enough right now to overcome the Bill's (unholy) affection towards the incumbents and take their job.

I am seriously thinking the Bills will take a OT at #11 and use whatever is acquired for Peters to fill in on the Defense.

ddaryl
04-10-2009, 08:09 AM
I think OL is our biggest need, and the best value at #11 will probably be an OT.

Even if we draft a top OL we could still use another OL. I fully expect the Bills to draft a few OL and a couple of them early on regardless.

TigerJ
04-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Assuming that the Peters situation is not resolved with the signing of an extension, I think OT is the highest probability for the Bills' selection at #11. I do think, however, that the Bills are desperate to get more pressure in the pass rush, so even if they don't start a rookie at DE, they will substitute liberally in passing situations with whomever gives them the best shot at getting to the QB, whether it's Chris Ellis or a rookie.

Tatonka
04-10-2009, 10:08 AM
i think that they have focused a lot of time on 2nd round type DE's too.. for a reason.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Aaron Curry would be a starter.

mayotm
04-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Aaron Curry would be a starter.Exactly how are they going to be in a position to draft Curry?

User Manuel
04-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Aaron Curry would be a starter.

If he plays DE, but he projects LB. He might be the only one talented enough to usurp Kelsay.

yordad
04-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Screw that, some of these rookies could start over our garbage by years end.

jamze132
04-10-2009, 01:59 PM

There is no way the Bills sit Kelsay, Denney or Schobel to start a rookie. So, if you are looking for immediate impact from #11 then it will have to be as a situational pass rusher.

I don't think any of these guys are good enough right now to overcome the Bill's (unholy) affection towards the incumbents and take their job.

I am seriously thinking the Bills will take a OT at #11 and use whatever is acquired for Peters to fill in on the Defense.
Dude, he doesn't have to start to be successful in our defense. he will be rotated in regularly if he proves he can play during TC. Besides, Dickface knows his job is on the line and if the rook is playing better than Kelsay (which isn't really that far of a stretch) he will be starting and Kelsay will be coming off of the bench.

HHURRICANE
04-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Is Kelsay capable of playing LB?

Seems to me he'd be a better fit there.

ServoBillieves
04-10-2009, 06:09 PM
I think Brown and Maybin are capable of playing OLB, one of the lighter DE's could fill in Crow's spot right off the bat.

Mahdi
04-10-2009, 06:26 PM

If he outperforms Kelsay he will start.

Mitchell55
04-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Is Kelsay capable of playing LB?

Seems to me he'd be a better fit there.

Maybe if he was faster.

kid mickey
04-10-2009, 08:48 PM
I am stuck between OL or DE with the first pick. If Peters gets traded I would love to get Oher. If Peters doesn't get traded I would love to get Brown.