PDA

View Full Version : If We Were The Patriots

The Juice Is Loose
04-10-2009, 02:57 PM
That's how this team has gotten ahead. By not getting emotional.

Look at Cassel, last year they couldn't have gotten a washing machine for him, this year? A 2nd round pick.

Peters just isn't that good. If we get several picks for him, we'd be doing what the Patriots do.

He goes from undrafted free agent to 2 first round picks? Seeing as he wants more than he's worth, I say lets dump him.

Everybody says oh man we can't let him go. If we get 2 firsts we can replace an undrafted tight end.

I don't see why people like Peters. He's been giving up blindside sack/fumbles continually since he's been here.

Lets move him.

ddaryl
04-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Kirk Chambers.. Is that you ???

cocamide
04-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I hope that we do NOT trade him this year. (Unless we get something rediculous like two first-rounders from Philly.) He still has to play, and he better perform well if he wants to get that big contract he's after. He has two years left, right? Why not wait until next year to trade him if we're not able to get a deal done?

Nighthawk
04-10-2009, 03:21 PM
If we were the Patriots, we'd have 3 SB rings...

cocamide
04-10-2009, 04:39 PM
If I had wheels, I'd be a wagon.

OpIv37
04-10-2009, 04:43 PM
If we were the Patriots, Peters would be willing to play here for less instead of begging for more money.

If we were the Patriots, we'd have back ups who were as good as our starters instead of starters who are as bad as our back ups.

If we were the Patriots, our high-round draft picks would actually be accomplishing something on the field.

If we were the Patriots, we wouldn't be going into the draft looking for 3 starters (4 if we trade Peters).

Need I continue?

Devin
04-10-2009, 04:43 PM
That's how this team has gotten ahead.

There are a boatload of reasons how that team has gotten ahead.

Talent, coaching, ownership, front office, higher collective IQ, better popcorn, superior sanitation staff, better field, way better cheerleaders, they actually own a defensive line.....etc.

But yeah what you said to man, all of that.

The Juice Is Loose
04-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I'll give you 13.5 reasons.

The whole point is, his play is a farce. I watch every Bills game, never miss. And I was an offensive linemen when I played football. My point is this: the only time Peters has ever stood out to me, is when he screws up...Which is often.

I feel that Oher could come in, play RT and Langston could play LT and we'd be better off than with Peters. And neither of them wants to be the highest paid in the league.

So, if the rumors are true, that we could get 2 first round picks for him, I'd do it.

Now, if we can't get the picks, obviously I'm not going to give him away for nothing. But 2 first round picks is better than Jason Peters and his 13.5 sacks allowed last year.

I hope that we do NOT trade him this year. (Unless we get something rediculous like two first-rounders from Philly.) He still has to play, and he better perform well if he wants to get that big contract he's after. He has two years left, right? Why not wait until next year to trade him if we're not able to get a deal done?

OpIv37
04-10-2009, 05:23 PM

The whole point is, his play is a farce. I watch every Bills game, never miss. And I was an offensive linemen when I played football. My point is this: the only time Peters has ever stood out to me, is when he screws up...Which is often.

I feel that Oher could come in, play RT and Langston could play LT and we'd be better off than with Peters. And neither of them wants to be the highest paid in the league.

So, if the rumors are true, that we could get 2 first round picks for him, I'd do it.

Now, if we can't get the picks, obviously I'm not going to give him away for nothing. But 2 first round picks is better than Jason Peters and his 13.5 sacks allowed last year.

Generally, the more people know about football, the more they praise Peters' play. You're the first person I've come across who claims to know OL technique and says Peters isn't good.

Go back and watch the two games this past season when he shut down Joey Porter to the point where Porter was lining up on the other side (Peters did give up one sack to Porter, after the game was already out of hand- the safety was on Dockery).

Go back and watch the Dolphins game before last year where Peters consistently owned Jason Taylor.

Be careful what you wish for- all of you people who want to trade Peters for draft picks that this FO will just botch are squandering what little chance we actually have this season.

DynaPaul
04-10-2009, 05:34 PM

Talent, coaching, ownership, front office, higher collective IQ, better popcorn, superior sanitation staff, better field, way better cheerleaders, they actually own a defensive line.....

...video cameras.

cocamide
04-10-2009, 05:36 PM
If we were the Patriots, Peters would be willing to play here for less instead of begging for more money.

If we were the Patriots, we'd have back ups who were as good as our starters instead of starters who are as bad as our back ups.

If we were the Patriots, our high-round draft picks would actually be accomplishing something on the field.

If we were the Patriots, we wouldn't be going into the draft looking for 3 starters (4 if we trade Peters).

Need I continue?

Sounds like some serious Patriot-penis envy. Can't say I blame you though.

OpIv37
04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Sounds like some serious Patriot-penis envy. Can't say I blame you though.

It's this simple: everything the Bills organization does wrong, the Pats' organization does right. It's been like that for a decade and it pisses me off to no end.

SABURZFAN
04-10-2009, 05:43 PM

way better cheerleaders...........

they probably have cheerleaders that would make a man push a sled. the Bills have cheerleaders who look like they pull a sled.

Spiderweb
04-11-2009, 08:33 AM

If not mistaken, the number was 11.5 sacks allowed, and that earned him the league worst number at LT.

Luisito23
04-11-2009, 01:41 PM
There are a boatload of reasons how that team has gotten ahead

Don't forget cheating...

BuffaloRanger
04-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Name one team that has ever traded a 2-time Pro-Bowl LT and gone on to have a great season.

It's tough huh? Because it has never happened. The value of a LT is too high. NFL teams don't trade stud LTs for draft picks. Only the Bills would ever consider it.

And why is this happening? Because they signed two Olineman to huge contracts - Dockery and Walker, players who 1. garnered little interest from other teams, and 2. caused every NFL expert to openly laugh at the high dollar contracts they received. How'd that work out for the Bills?

By doing this they made their best OL, their 3rd highest paid OL. The Bills FO thought they were getting a deal. In the real world, you sign a contract you live with it. But you see, that's not the way the NFL works. Something the Bills FO failed to realize. A stud LT is not going to accept being the 3rd highest paid OL, especuially when the Top 2 are nothing special - at all. Peters is doing exactly what any other Pro-Bowl LT would do. He wants more money. That is how the NFL works. Not right - but reality.

The Bills FO could have resigned him last offseason for 8 mil a year. But they insisted he play out his contract. Guess what. Peters price has gone up. Now they are crying that he wants to be paid like the best OT in the game.

Is Peters demanding so much because he knows it will make the Bills trade him? Wouldn't it be funny if the Bills did trade him to Philly, then he happily signed only a 9 mil a year contract?