PDA

View Full Version : How Pi$$ed would you be if...

kid mickey
04-10-2009, 11:59 PM
The Bills selected Malcolm Jenkins with the 11th overall selection. I would be kinda upset. I wouldn't really like the move at all, but would eventually understand that the Bills felt it was the best move for the franchise. Even if in my mind I felt it wasn't.

Mitchell55
04-11-2009, 12:12 AM
I would shoot my self in the leg.

BILLSROCK1212
04-11-2009, 12:15 AM
I would shoot my self in the leg.or make a thread about how u want to do that ;) ahahah just playin w/ u mitch

Mitchell55
04-11-2009, 12:16 AM
or make a thread about how u want to do that ;) ahahah just playin w/ u mitch
This actually made me laugh a little.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-11-2009, 12:34 AM
I dont know i think this team has more pressing issues than CB or S IN IMO

Mitchell55
04-11-2009, 12:46 AM
I dont know i think this team has more pressing issues than CB or S IN IMO

1. DE
2. G
3. TE
4. LB
5. DT
6. FB
7. OT
8. RB
9. K
10. S/CB

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-11-2009, 02:49 AM
The Bills selected Malcolm Jenkins with the 11th overall selection. I would be kinda upset. I wouldn't really like the move at all, but would eventually understand that the Bills felt it was the best move for the franchise. Even if in my mind I felt it wasn't.

as much as i hate to keep saying it, i really would not be surprised to see some dumb *spit* like this. i hope the F.O proves me wrong, but i guess i just hope for the best and expect the worst like a lot of you guys do.

clumping platelets
04-11-2009, 03:03 AM
If they did and he played well, I wouldn't care

Just draft good football players

Luisito23
04-11-2009, 04:42 AM
McGee will be gone, and next year we might not have the chance to have someone like him fall to us, so I really wouldn't be that upset if we do end up taking Jenkins...With McKelvin in one side, and Malcolm on the other we have the chance to possibly have the best CB duo in the league.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-11-2009, 05:54 AM
I remember some of our draft "experts" saying he would be the #1 pick in the draft.

yordad
04-11-2009, 07:11 AM
I hope he is gone by the time the Bills pick. :pray:

Jan Reimers
04-11-2009, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't be surprised, but we have far greater needs.

Philagape
04-11-2009, 07:27 AM
It's as if the Bills have two teams to draft for: the never-ending CB carousel, and the rest of the team.
If the carousel gets the No. 1 pick two years in a row, the rest of the team will suffer for it. Yay, we'll have the best CB tandem on yet another 7-9 team because we keep using our top picks on CBs!
Leo's deal isn't up until 2013, so that means we may get a short reprieve and draft a non-CB first in 2010! Yay!

Tatonka
04-11-2009, 08:04 AM
i dont understand how cb would be such a big need.. there is no reason to let mcgee go.. he wont command a huge amount of money. we also have youboty, who was our best defensive player last year till he got hurt.. and we drafted corner who played well at the end of the year.. we also signed drayton florence, who played extremely well in san diego before playing bad in jacksonville last year.

i definately dont see cornerback as a huge need position. there are a ton of other spots that are bigger pressing needs. if we drafted a corner this year, there is no way he would be higher than maybe 4th or 5th on the depth chart.. that is not much impact for a first round pick. and we need a strong safety, not a free safety.

the pick just wouldnt make any sense.

DynaPaul
04-11-2009, 08:21 AM
I'll be pissed if we do something gay like take a safety in the first round.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2009, 08:26 AM
the pick just wouldnt make any sense.
I totally agree, which is why we'll probably do it. We take CBs from every source - the draft, or FA, or as UDFAs - develop them, then let them walk. We then repeat the process ad nauseum, all the while neglecting more critical needs.

This process has led us to a playoff-free new millenium.

TigerJ
04-11-2009, 08:33 AM
I would not be thrilled with it, but I could see it happening. I don't think it's the most likely pick by the Bills, but it's certainly possible, and not because of the rasoning of som mock drafters (not Clump) that the Bills just love DBs out of Ohio State. I also don't think the Bills are particularly interested in drafting him to move him to safety where some think his slow 40 makes him a better fit. Chris Brown, the official Bills shill. . . err journalist hasw stated he thinks the Bills are pretty happy with the Byron Scott/Donte Whitner combo and think the Bills' needs lie elsewhere. The main reasonwould be the likely loss of McGee after the season combined with the best player rationale.

I wouldn't be looking to use that strategy myself, because I think you want your first round pick on the field more than Jenkins would probably contribute as a rookie. Moreover, there's still a chance that Youboty can beat the injury bug and become a very good corner for the Bills. Buffalo could draft a corner later in the draft with better measurables than Jenkins and develop him for a year, and if none of those options work out, draft a CB high in 2010 who could probably start quickly.

Yasgur's Farm
04-11-2009, 08:33 AM
If they did and he played well, I wouldn't care

Just draft good football playersThat's where I'm at... We need to keep the talent/need ratio high.

That said... See my siggy. I'd rather draft Jenkins than reach with Cushing, Pettigrew, Maybin, or Ayers.

Nighthawk
04-11-2009, 12:52 PM
That would be a horrible pick and would not make this team any better. We have other needs that we could and will be able to fill at that spot.

Dr. Who
04-11-2009, 01:31 PM
I agree with Nighthawk. It would be an idiotic move. Jenkins does not have the speed to be an elite cb and we had better address both lines, lb, and te before we think about another damn cb. We need a safety at some point, but I would blow a gasket if the Bills take Jenkins in the first.

BTW, I think you can probably get Jenkins at the bottom of the first, so it would be a major reach at 11.

I actually like Kiper's current mock.

DO NOT give the Bills' FO the benefit of the doubt if they take this fellow. Mildly chagrined is not angry enough . . .