PDA

View Full Version : bills want first and third (at least) for Peters

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-11-2009, 02:44 AM
Now, if you look on http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/11/bills-want-at-least-a-one-and-a-three-for-peters/, according to tim graham, the bills want a first and a third. So, maybe they aren't as far away from trading them as was just previously reported. thoughts?

I agree that both sides are to be blamed in this matter, but I think Peters is handling this way worse. As much as i hate to leave a gaping hole at LT, i'm starting to wonder if this guy is worth it anymore. A first and a third sound good. I can't remember the last time we had two first round picks. Now only if we had a competent F.O who i could trust wouldn't muck up the picks. lol

Michael82
04-11-2009, 02:59 AM
I want more...but will be fine with a 1st and 3rd.

Luisito23
04-11-2009, 04:28 AM

:hi5:

BuffaloRanger
04-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Now, if you look on http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/11/bills-want-at-least-a-one-and-a-three-for-peters/, according to tim graham, the bills want a first and a third. So, maybe they aren't as far away from trading them as was just previously reported. thoughts?

I agree that both sides are to be blamed in this matter, but I think Peters is handling this way worse. As much as i hate to leave a gaping hole at LT, i'm starting to wonder if this guy is worth it anymore. A first and a third sound good. I can't remember the last time we had two first round picks. Now only if we had a competent F.O who i could trust wouldn't muck up the picks. lol

Short memory, huh? But I'm sure you mean two first round picks going into the draft, not trades once the draft started because...

2006 Whitner and McCargo
2004 Evans and Losman 2005 1st rd pick we traded for JP became DeMarcus Ware for the Cowboys. I think he's done pretty good.

Late 1st round picks - only received thru trades since the Bills can't actually finish in that position, have been really successful for the Bills this decade. McGahee, Losman, and McCargo.

But by all means, lets trade a 2 time probowl LT for a shot at another player like that!

Mitchell55
04-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Short memory, huh? But I'm sure you mean two first round picks going into the draft, not trades once the draft started because...

2006 Whitner and McCargo
2004 Evans and Losman 2005 1st rd pick we traded for JP became DeMarcus Ware for the Cowboys. I think he's done pretty good.

Late 1st round picks - only received thru trades since the Bills can't actually finish in that position, have been really successful for the Bills this decade. McGahee, Losman, and McCargo.

But by all means, lets trade a 2 time probowl LT for a shot at another player like that!

JP>Ware

SeatownBillsFan21
04-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Huh

acehole
04-12-2009, 11:54 AM

Me too..we could do alot with that. We could get all of our needs met in the first 3/4 rounds. OLB DE OG OT TE SS...more if we do it right they could start or rotate.

Mitchell55
04-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Huh

It was a joke

Mitchell55
04-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Peters is worth a 7-10 1st and 3rd. But a Phillys 1st and 2nd.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2009, 02:03 PM
according to tim graham, the bills want a first and a third.

According to Patmoran 2 days ago, Tim Graham's source said the Bills are " the Bills sound about as far away from trading the two-time Pro Bowler as they are from reaching accord with him."

So which is it?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=172953

Nighthawk
04-12-2009, 02:09 PM
According to Patmoran 2 days ago, Tim Graham's source said the Bills are " the Bills sound about as far away from trading the two-time Pro Bowler as they are from reaching accord with him."

So which is it?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=172953

To me it sounds like they are posturing to drive up the price of what they'd get back in a trade. They seem to be putting this out in the media to get teams interested and possibly creating a couple of teams to start a bidding war. Seriously, if you were Detroit wouldn't you want to trade the 20th pick and a 3rd for Peters? This will assure them the ability to get Stafford at #1 and essentially get a LT (Peters) with the #20 pick. Of course, it makes too much sense, so it will never happen.

Lexwhat
04-12-2009, 02:35 PM

Not sure why there's such a big misconception. Dallas drafted DeMarcus Ware with their OWN 1st Round Pick that season.

With the Bills 1st Rounder, the Cowboys took Marcus Spears. Even if we didn't trade for JP, we had no chance of picking up Ware.