PDA

View Full Version : Could Detroit take Peters?

Dying_-2-_Live
04-11-2009, 05:11 AM
:btm: I personally would not oppose. We then could snag Aaron Curry, Who is a beast, with that number 1 pick. And then select Smith with the number 11. Yes, it would cost a boatload, but the big question is... will it benefit the team? :lt:

Dr. Pepper
04-11-2009, 05:56 AM
nope

edit: yes it would probably benefit the team. nope it will never happen.

Crisis
04-11-2009, 06:00 AM
peterns isnt worth the 1st overall and even if he was I sure as hell wouldn't trade into that spot

btw if this somehow would happen #11 would definitely be going to detroit, trading up to 1st overall makes zero sense though.

yordad
04-11-2009, 07:05 AM
OK, so many think Peters is the best young LT in the game.

And, many think LT is the second most important position (second to QB).

Seems to me any team would rather have the best player at the second most important position, rather then a guy who may be the best someday at the 5th most important position.

I just don't get it. How is he not worth a top pick? I guess by this rationale, the only way he isn't is if the Lions think one of those QBs is their future.

Oh, and btw, drafting Curry 1st would make him the highest paid LB in the history of the league before he takes a snap (and even more then Peters is demanding), would it not? Just one more reason why it would seem the Lions would rather have Peters then Curry (LTs get paid more, so it is less rediculous).

CoolBreeze
04-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Jason Peteres rated out as the worst Left Tackle in the NFL last year, yet he's worth the #1 pick in the draft??? BTW, Detroit is possibly interested in trading for Peters and Parrish..

http://www.detroitlionsblog.com/wp/

mayotm
04-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Oh, and btw, drafting Curry 1st would make him the highest paid LB in the history of the league before he takes a snap (and even more then Peters is demanding), would it not? Just one more reason why it would seem the Lions would rather have Peters then Curry (LTs get paid more, so it is less rediculous).This is also the reason the Bills would never make the deal. You think they want to pay the #1 pick in the draft?

HHURRICANE
04-11-2009, 10:43 AM
OK, so many think Peters is the best young LT in the game.

And, many think LT is the second most important position (second to QB).

Seems to me any team would rather have the best player at the second most important position, rather then a guy who may be the best someday at the 5th most important position.

I just don't get it. How is he not worth a top pick? I guess by this rationale, the only way he isn't is if the Lions think one of those QBs is their future.

So you just made the case for paying Peters.

This is why the Bills need to get this done.

ddaryl
04-11-2009, 11:48 AM
:btm: I personally would not oppose. We then could snag Aaron Curry, Who is a beast, with that number 1 pick. And then select Smith with the number 11. Yes, it would cost a boatload, but the big question is... will it benefit the team? :lt:

I wouldn't draft Curry #1 overall, and we couldn't. 11 million a season is too much for a LB... and our big hole at OT has to be immediately remedied

We'd be taking a OT... the problem now resides in not paying Peters 11 million, but paying a rookie OT 11 million

I would probably try to trade down a few picks from the #1 spot after making the trade with Detroit if possible. Even if it was for an extra 4th pick just to move down from the #1 overall.

Mitchell55
04-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Peters is basically as good as the #1 overall pick could be. Use Mike Williams as an example, he was a #1 overall pick and was a bust. Detroit would rather spend the money on someone they no will be successfull. With the 1st pick get Curry or Orpak, with the 11th pick get Oher.

Luisito23
04-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Use Mike Williams as an example, he was a #1 overall pick .

What year did this happen?

Mitchell55
04-11-2009, 01:49 PM
What year did this happen?

Top 5 pick, whatever.

casdhf
04-11-2009, 01:52 PM
jesus man ...

yordad
04-11-2009, 03:52 PM
This is also the reason the Bills would never make the deal. You think they want to pay the #1 pick in the draft?No, I agree. But, I didn't comment on that.

yordad
04-11-2009, 03:54 PM
So you just made the case for paying Peters.

This is why the Bills need to get this done.This is why the Bills have to capitalize on this douche bag's trade value while he still has some.

BuffaloRanger
04-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Are you forgetting how cheap the Bills organization is? Seriously. The #1 pick overall would cost the Bills as much as Peters wants - for a player that hasn't played a down in the NFL. The Bills would never do that.

They don't want to pay Peters, a 2 time Pro-Bowler at LT big money. Name the last Pro-Bowl LT that changed teams in the prime of his career. You can't. Because it doesn't happen. Only the Bills could be THAT stupid.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Or maybe we could trade that number 1 pick and move back to 5 or 6 then we could take smith and trade him to philly for there pick then we could trade that pick and the 11 to get peters back.. then we could package him with McCargo and get a 1 3, 4 and then take another tackle. ;P