PDA

View Full Version : SI.com: Peters 1 of top 14 NFL UFAs since 1994

Coach Sal
04-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Interesting list, although it doesn't say if they are actual rankings or not:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0804/nfl.best.undrafted.free.agents/content.1.html)

cocamide
04-11-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm always amazed that there's 7 rounds with 32 teams picking in the draft, each team has tons of scouts, and guys like these can get overlooked. What's more amazing is the number of top picks who end up being horrible in the NFL. How can it be such a guessing game?

ddaryl
04-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Pat Williams and Jason Peters are listed

TigerJ
04-11-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm always amazed that there's 7 rounds with 32 teams picking in the draft, each team has tons of scouts, and guys like these can get overlooked. What's more amazing is the number of top picks who end up being horrible in the NFL. How can it be such a guessing game?Peters is an oddity because he had to make a pretty radical position change. I don't care how good a scout is, it's hard to know for certain if a player is going to be able to make that switch successfully.

ServoBillieves
04-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Peters is an oddity because he had to make a pretty radical position change. I don't care how good a scout is, it's hard to know for certain if a player is going to be able to make that switch successfully.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. "Hmm, a crappy tight end, wonder how good he'll do at left tackle?"

THRILLHO
04-11-2009, 04:37 PM
I dont agree with putting kickers on there. How many starters are actually drafted?

Northern Stampede
04-12-2009, 09:01 AM
I remember the year he was drafted, Bills Zone did an article on different players to be possibly drafted, and he was listed as a TE option.. People knew about him, but I guess were just unwilling to take a chance on him. Amazing that he never went in one of the later rounds.. Anyways, having said that, I do believe he is a physical freak of nature.. Does anyone remember him running down kicks on K/O and blocking that punt in Cinci?? BUT, I think his ego and attitude are now inhibiting him becoming the player that he has the potential to be. Last years pro bowl vote was an absolute joke in my mind. He didn't deserve to be there, and I am still puzzled as to how he made it. Jason Peters owes alot to the Bills organization. 1- for picking him up period! and 2- for having one of the greatest line coaches ever, mentor him and help him along to being in the position that he is now. Where he can ask for a decent paycheque. But come on, I think this guy has to check his ego, and pull his head out of his ***

The Juice Is Loose
04-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Its in chronological order