PDA

View Full Version : Sabres did contact Florida about Bouwmeester at trade deadline

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-11-2009, 11:45 AM
NHLN: On the Fly,

It now looks like the Sabres GM Darcy Regier did contact Florida about defenceman Jay Bouwmeester at the trade deadline, and had a trade proposal on the table of Tallinder, Afinogenov and Buffalo's first round draft choice in this years entry draft.

But Florida decided that they would keep Bouwmeester instead now they will lose him to Unrestriced Free Agency with getting nothing in return for him. The Panthers will not be able to resign Bouwmeester.

the Sabres just might go after Bouwmeester in Unrestricted Free Agency signing period on July, 1st.

clumping platelets
04-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Sabres will need to clear a LOT of cap space first

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Sabres will need to clear a LOT of cap space first

Dumping Hecht and then Tallinder and/or Lydman would be plenty.

Nighthawk
04-11-2009, 01:01 PM
This would be the first smart move Darcy has made in years. The guy seems to be getting dumber.

SabreEleven
04-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Why in the world would Bouwmeester want to come to Buffalo? Another team will pay him more than the Sabres would and why would he want to come to another losing team? This kid won't end up in Buffalo.

Ebenezer
04-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Dumping Hecht and then Tallinder and/or Lydman would be plenty.
They discussed this yesterday with Paul Hamilton - it would cost too much to buy out Hecht...they would have to trade him and PH couldn't see there being any takers.

chernobylwraiths
04-11-2009, 08:23 PM
They discussed this yesterday with Paul Hamilton - it would cost too much to buy out Hecht...they would have to trade him and PH couldn't see there being any takers.

There are always takers. We might not get much for him, but someone has to think he is a good two way player. PH doesn't know everything, that is just what he thinks.

clumping platelets
04-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Instead of Bouwmeester, we could get 2 solid players (or 3) for the price he would command. JayBo is not enough of a difference maker..........however, if the Sabres were somehow able to sign him, I would get his jersey :D

Mitchell55
04-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Hecht, Pommers, and Lydman, package deal. Take our trash, well take your best player.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-12-2009, 05:55 AM
I can't believe so many people are in love with this kid. I think he is so overrated. If you watch Florida games you can see that he doesn't hit nearly enough and he makes big mistakes at critical times. Actually, go back to the game against Buffalo when he cost them that game.

Nighthawk
04-12-2009, 07:57 AM
I can't believe so many people are in love with this kid. I think he is so overrated. If you watch Florida games you can see that he doesn't hit nearly enough and he makes big mistakes at critical times. Actually, go back to the game against Buffalo when he cost them that game.

People are in love with him because he is tons better then anything this organization has on the blue line. It's sad, but the product that Regier has provided to the fans makes many want better (ie - different) players.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Why in the world would Bouwmeester want to come to Buffalo? Another team will pay him more than the Sabres would and why would he want to come to another losing team? This kid won't end up in Buffalo.

right, and there was no chance of T.O. coming to Buffalo either. :laughing:

SabreEleven
04-12-2009, 12:13 PM
right, and there was no chance of T.O. coming to Buffalo either. :laughing:

Your are an idiot. TO is a totally different story and athlete. TO came to Buffalo because it is a no lose situation as long as he keeps his mouth shut. TO won't care when the Bills don't make the PO next year and he can get his real pay day from a real team. Bouwmeester is ready for a real paid day from a real team right now.

JD
04-12-2009, 12:50 PM
I can see Bou dressed in the red and white in the near future with their aging players.