04-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Start that chant "AssClown Sucks"

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Vanek makes it 3-0!!!

Section 323 says AssClown sucks.

Nighthawk
04-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Who cares...the season is over. Not trying to be a d**k...but this team has proven they can play when there is no pressure on them. It's the sure sign of a loser.

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Well, you are being one. If you don't care why read the thread and reply? Isn't this. What you tell the Mitchell bashers?

Anyway, Paille makes it 4-0!!!

Now all of the 300s say AssClown sucks

SabreEleven
04-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Well, you are being one. If you don't care why read the thread and reply? Isn't this. What you tell the Mitchell bashers?

I can't hear that on my TV...tell them to be louder.

Michael82
04-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm posting from section 306 and they agree that assclown sucks!

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2009, 03:59 PM
I'll try to get it announced over the PA system

SabreEleven
04-11-2009, 04:12 PM
you don't have that kind of pull

I've started a Lecter blows chant in my house.

Nighthawk
04-11-2009, 04:19 PM

Do you want a tissue??? I know how bad you hate the truth.

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Only with aloe, please. My nose is sensitive.

Nighthawk
04-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Only with aloe, please. My nose is sensitive.

Dude, I'm sicker then a dog...I can't spare a tissue with aloe for you right now!

SabreEleven
04-11-2009, 04:33 PM
and nobody goes after Lucic??? WTF. you are winning 5-0...somebody needs to jump him.

Michael82
04-11-2009, 04:40 PM
That would mean the Sabres are tough, which we all know that's not true... :ill:

Michael82
04-11-2009, 04:42 PM
I hope that we keep Tellqvist. I like him a lot better than Lalime

SabreEleven
04-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Bruins will score with about a minute left to ruin the shut out.

Nighthawk
04-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Wow, seriously...a standing ovation for another playoffless season? That's ridiculous.

SabreEleven
04-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Why the hell was everybody cheering for? For a bunch of lazy, underachieving millionaires? that was pathetic...

Nighthawk
04-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Why the hell was everybody cheering for? For a bunch of lazy, underachieving millionaires? that was pathetic...

It's the loser mentality of WNY...it drives me nuts. That crap is exactly why these organization do not put a better product out there for the fans. Why should they...people still cheer the garbage!

chernobylwraiths
04-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I would look at it as cheering for the hometown team. Thankfully, we still have one. It was in doubt several seasons ago.

Plus, while they didn't make the playoffs, they were cheered for the good effort they at least put in today.

Nighthawk
04-11-2009, 08:31 PM
I would look at it as cheering for the hometown team. Thankfully, we still have one. It was in doubt several seasons ago.

Plus, while they didn't make the playoffs, they were cheered for the good effort they at least put in today.

IMO, it sends the wrong message. This team did nothing this year to deserve a standing ovation send off at the end of the year.

chernobylwraiths
04-11-2009, 09:24 PM
IMO, it sends the wrong message. This team did nothing this year to deserve a standing ovation send off at the end of the year.

Well, if you wanted to boo them, then you should have paid the money to boo them. For once they put out a good effort. It is entertainment. If they entertain me, then I am happy. I don't think about "messages" and things like that when they actually do their job. I think they got the message plenty when they played like crap and got booed at home. Hopefully, management has gotten the message that they can't win consistently with this collection of players. We shall see if the "message" has sunk in.

rbochan
04-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Ruff, classy as he is, didn't dress Peters or Max in what's most likely the last possible game they're on the team for. This is how he treats players who likely won't be Buffalo Sabres anymore in a meaningless game? After almost a decade on the team? It's freaking sad that he's more interested in having Heck and Pominwaddle pad their numbers. Lindy Ruff showed his true colors.
Shame on him.

This is a business. Any business should be interested in loyalty.
Ever been at a company when a bitter old employee retires who's been there for many years? Even though he might have been ineffective for a while and leaving is probably a benefit, you still honor him for his time put in. Why? Loyalty. Because all the other employees/players are still there to see it. Loyalty breeds loyalty and respect. This Sabres organization has a nasty reputation for treating players like crap, unless you're favored, and this just a prime example. No wonder no one wants to sign in Buffalo.

hydro
04-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Wasn't Max still sick? Who cares about Peters...

rbochan
04-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Apparently not sick enough to not go out to Chippewa last night (Peters was out too) and almost get into a fight.

SabreEleven
04-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Do tell...

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2009, 09:57 AM

Please tell us about this "standing ovation".

What and when did this occur, because it did not happen yesterday at the game.

SabreEleven
04-12-2009, 10:16 AM

It sure sounded like the fans were giving them a very loud cheer at the end of the game on TV. It did SOUND like it was a standing ovation. Maybe the fans were cheering that the pain of this season was finally over.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2009, 10:42 AM
What happened was this:

The final horn sounded. People gave a quiet cheer and stood up ready to leave. The players gathered at center ice and saluted the fans. The crowd reacted to that. The crowd has a lot of kids in it, and there were a bunch of "this is my first game" signs. It was not the usual type of crowd and the cheering was more for the salute than anything else.

SpillerThrills
04-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Ruff, classy as he is, didn't dress Peters or Max in what's most likely the last possible game they're on the team for. This is how he treats players who likely won't be Buffalo Sabres anymore in a meaningless game? After almost a decade on the team? It's freaking sad that he's more interested in having Heck and Pominwaddle pad their numbers. Lindy Ruff showed his true colors.
Shame on him.

This is a business. Any business should be interested in loyalty.
Ever been at a company when a bitter old employee retires who's been there for many years? Even though he might have been ineffective for a while and leaving is probably a benefit, you still honor him for his time put in. Why? Loyalty. Because all the other employees/players are still there to see it. Loyalty breeds loyalty and respect. This Sabres organization has a nasty reputation for treating players like crap, unless you're favored, and this just a prime example. No wonder no one wants to sign in Buffalo.

while I understand what you are saying, Ruff and staff are sill going to try and put a winning team out on the ice every night no matter what the game means. how would you have felt yesterday if you were at the game and they just threw anybody on the ice because the game meant nothing? you still payed to get a ticket to go and be entertained while watching a team that you like to watch.

rbochan
04-12-2009, 11:01 AM
while I understand what you are saying, Ruff and staff are sill going to try and put a winning team out on the ice every night no matter what the game means. how would you have felt yesterday if you were at the game and they just threw anybody on the ice because the game meant nothing? you still payed to get a ticket to go and be entertained while watching a team that you like to watch.

Entertaining? Max has always been one of the most exciting skaters in the NHL to watch. With the way he's been playing of late, he's far from just "anybody" (cough Hecht Stafford cough). Entertaining? Peters has always been a fan favorite. Dancing around the ice or not. This was possibly their final game in this uniform, at home. I thought is was classless on Ruff's part. Plain and simple.

Nighthawk
04-12-2009, 11:11 AM

Sure, then all those people were not standing and clapping when they were at center ice at the end of the game? Ok, whatever.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Sure, then all those people were not standing and clapping when they were at center ice at the end of the game? Ok, whatever.

Read the 2nd post I made.

SpillerThrills
04-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Entertaining? Max has always been one of the most exciting skaters in the NHL to watch. With the way he's been playing of late, he's far from just "anybody" (cough Hecht Stafford cough). Entertaining? Peters has always been a fan favorite. Dancing around the ice or not. This was possibly their final game in this uniform, at home. I thought is was classless on Ruff's part. Plain and simple.

I'll agree that Max is entertaining when he's not giving the puck away. as for peters, he's entertaining for the 30 seconds he's in a fight. who cares if its possibly their last home game as a sabre? does that mean that every player who is a FA should play in the stanley cup finals just because it could be their last in that uniform even if they have sat the bench 75% of the year?

SabreEleven
04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
What happened was this:

The final horn sounded. People gave a quiet cheer and stood up ready to leave. The players gathered at center ice and saluted the fans. The crowd reacted to that. The crowd has a lot of kids in it, and there were a bunch of "this is my first game" signs. It was not the usual type of crowd and the cheering was more for the salute than anything else.

It sounded like they started cheering with about 30 seconds left in the game and kept it going until the final horn.

JD
04-12-2009, 12:45 PM
It sounded like they started cheering with about 30 seconds left in the game and kept it going until the final horn.

Thats what it sounded like to me

Nighthawk
04-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Read the 2nd post I made.

Yeah, I caught that after I posted. Maybe you're right, but it sure sounded and looked like a standing "O" to me.

rbochan
04-12-2009, 02:35 PM
I'll agree that Max is entertaining when he's not giving the puck away. as for peters, he's entertaining for the 30 seconds he's in a fight. who cares if its possibly their last home game as a sabre? does that mean that every player who is a FA should play in the stanley cup finals just because it could be their last in that uniform even if they have sat the bench 75% of the year?

Peters sucks, we all know it. He would have at least made things interesting chasing Lucic around the ice after Tellqvist got (granted, accidentally) run over. And no matter how many giveaways Max has had, he's been on the team ALMOST A DECADE. Peters over 5 years. Those facts alone garner them some respect... DEMAND it even

Teppo (four years on the team) got shown respect by being allowed to play the last game. Max and Peters didn't. I think that sucks.

The Sabres used to be about blue collar values. Loyalty seems to mean nothing to them now. Now they're slugs.

SpillerThrills
04-12-2009, 03:40 PM
The Sabres used to be about blue collar values. Loyalty seems to mean nothing to them now. Now they're slugs.

Blue collar and loyalty are two totally different things. the team is staying loyal to the fans and trying to put the best team on the ice every night. many people will argue that the team on the ice isn't good enough, and I will agree on some nights. if you don't put a good team on the ice the fans won't show up to the games.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Peters sucks, we all know it. He would have at least made things interesting chasing Lucic around the ice after Tellqvist got (granted, accidentally) run over. And no matter how many giveaways Max has had, he's been on the team ALMOST A DECADE. Peters over 5 years. Those facts alone garner them some respect... DEMAND it even

Teppo (four years on the team) got shown respect by being allowed to play the last game. Max and Peters didn't. I think that sucks.

The difference with Teppo is that was also the last game of his career. (likely)

Michael82
04-13-2009, 12:32 AM
I disagree with you, Lecter. I was there too and AssClown is right. With about 30 seconds left, the fans stood on their feet and started cheering for the team. It wasn't a polite cheer. It was a standing ovation and I think it was mainly because they could have mailed it in, but the team showed up to play and put on a good show. Many people were happy that the Sabres entertained us and thanked the team for doing it one last time.

The place got louded when the players saluted us the fans and thanked us at center ice. At least someone did that. Golisano and Quinn dropped the ball when they didn't even have a fan appreciation day and seemed to forget about us. But the players acknowledged us and gave us something to cheer for that day. That's why we stood up and applauded them after the game, IMO.

SkateZilla
04-13-2009, 04:23 AM

Because Vanek Scored with like 15 seconds left, duh....

We missed the post season by 2 points.... blame it on whatever you want its a team sport and the team goofed, not one bone head play by one bonehead player to lose 1 or 2 points,the team blew the season,

SkateZilla
04-13-2009, 04:26 AM
I disagree with you, Lecter. I was there too and AssClown is right. With about 30 seconds left, the fans stood on their feet and started cheering for the team. It wasn't a polite cheer. It was a standing ovation and I think it was mainly because they could have mailed it in, but the team showed up to play and put on a good show. Many people were happy that the Sabres entertained us and thanked the team for doing it one last time.

The place got louded when the players saluted us the fans and thanked us at center ice. At least someone did that. Golisano and Quinn dropped the ball when they didn't even have a fan appreciation day and seemed to forget about us. But the players acknowledged us and gave us something to cheer for that day. That's why we stood up and applauded them after the game, IMO.

Wasnt Boston Resting Players?

Michael82
04-13-2009, 04:37 AM
Yeah. But we rested Miller. :up:

Dr. Lecter
04-13-2009, 04:51 AM

With 30 seconds left?

Like SZ said, they scored with 15 seconds left. Nobody was standing or cheering with 30 seconds left. The late cheers came after the goal.

It was not a standing ovation. People were standing, but most were standing because they were walking out.

chernobylwraiths
04-13-2009, 06:38 AM
I don't understand, what was the alternative? Was I supposed to waste my money and not show up? Was I supposed to sit on my hands after they scored because they did not make the playoffs?

I am just as upset about them not making the playoffs. I hate the fact that they have a soft team and that they don't always stick up for each other. I want to see them play more complete games and with a little more passion when they really need to. But, if they do nothing, if they keep Lindy and Darcy and Larry and resign the whole same team for next year, I will still go to the games when I can. I might ***** about it, I might complain about it, but when they win and when they score, I will still get up and cheer and be happy because that is what fans do.

Philagape
04-13-2009, 06:47 AM

And who cares about Max? He's the poster boy for this streaky, underachieving and frustrating team that can dazzle you one game and wilt the next in a more important game. I won't miss him, and he hasn't earned my respect.

Michael82
04-13-2009, 07:43 AM
With 30 seconds left?

Like SZ said, they scored with 15 seconds left. Nobody was standing or cheering with 30 seconds left. The late cheers came after the goal.

It was not a standing ovation. People were standing, but most were standing because they were walking out.
Yeah, it was about 10 seconds left when everybody got on their feet and started cheering...but they were also still celebrating Vanek's 40th goal too. :up:

JD
04-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Blue collar and loyalty are two totally different things. the team is staying loyal to the fans and trying to put the best team on the ice every night. many people will argue that the team on the ice isn't good enough, and I will agree on some nights. if you don't put a good team on the ice the fans won't show up to the games.

Exactly. Especially with the economy, Buffalonians don't have much dough to throw around as it is. We're not like NC where the Cans fans will just attend a game and drop $200 because they're bored. If they don't show up for us, we won't show up for them.