PDA

View Full Version : It's time to blow this thing up.

Nighthawk
04-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Starting with the GM...he's done absolutely nothing to deserve to keep his job. The players he has assembled on this team are mediocre and gutless...they only play well when there is no pressure on them. They wilt at the sign of any adversity and don't use the excuse about Miller getting hurt...NJ lost Brodeur for most of the season and they were still one of the best teams in the east. That excuse doesn't carry much weight. Get rid of the loser mentality on this roster and bring in guys who will work hard every game, show some character and heart and give blood to make the playoffs. No more soft players who are followers...this team needs leaders.

Fire Regier...bring in a no-nonsense GM who actually knows what he's doing and let him decide if he wants to keep Ruff. I'm torn regarding Ruff...I like him, but he's coached this team to missing the playoffs 5 out of the past 7 years! Somebody has to be held accountable!

The offseason is here...NOW MAKE SOME CHANGES!!!

JD
04-12-2009, 12:46 PM
I think we're blowing the same whistle as last year.. there will be no major changes

Nighthawk
04-12-2009, 02:03 PM
I think we're blowing the same whistle as last year.. there will be no major changes

I wish I could say you were wrong, but the history of this franchise states they will try to throw a band-aid on it and pray for a miracle.

LABillsFan
04-12-2009, 04:15 PM
<style></style>Dear Mr. Quinn,

Blah Blah Blah, yadda yadda yadda, insert yawn, Blah Blah Blah. Really, you actually expect Sabres fans to buy into this? You'll make changes no doubt. You'll get rid of the mail clerk, office assistant and maybe the guy who sews the name on the jersey. You may even make a splash by firing people who are subject to your decisions. There will be scapegoats for sure, but at the end of the day, you'll be employed, the 4 mil saved by letting Max, Peters and Teppo walk will be stashed into an account because "times are tough these days" and "you'll not operate in the red" and dime a dozen players will still litter the Sabres roster. We fans knew there wasn't enough on this team to make a legitimate run, the coach knew it, the GM knew it, but the later two played the company role saying the right things.

I don't agree with some fans wanting a change in coaching or a new GM, they are not the problem. They may be spent, fed up, deterred and or frustrated with not being able to make the needed changes, stuck in a job where bottom line is the goal. I believe in their ability, the tools they have lack what they need to get the job done. Teams, (not yours) year in and year out keep their rosters fresh and talented to advance in the playoffs, that includes paying good players good money, great players great money and dumping dead weight. You're payroll is fair, but who you spend the money on is questionable. That being said, if by some chance you do have an epiphany and actually make solid offers to get good to great players, don't expect too much in the way of accolades, you'll just be doing your "Hockey Job"... building a winner.

PS
Is Dominic Moore "Just a rental player"?

JD
04-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Maybe they'll make a new logo to make up for the money they lose out on with season ticket holders jumping ship?