PDA

View Full Version : All charges against Whitner dropped

Tatonka
04-11-2009, 09:18 PM
why would the police be dropping the charges unless they ****ed up? everyone is quick to **** on him.. but obviously their are some ****ed up cops.. as the Moats from the Texans.

Buffalo Bills safety Donte Whitner was arrested in downtown Cleveland early Saturday morning after police tried to break up a "near riot" in front of the House of Blues.
Police used a Taser to subdue Whitner, who was charged with aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. A Cleveland Police Department source said Whitner was released from his holding cell Saturday afternoon and the charges have been dropped.Whitner, a Cleveland native, was attending a birthday party for his Glenville High teammate Ted Ginn Jr., a receiver for the Miami Dolphins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4061171

Whitner Vows To File A Lawsuit Over Tasering

Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2009, 9:08 p.m. EDT
Bills safety Donte Whitner doesn’t think he should have been Tasered in connection with a Saturday morning arrest.
And he feels strongly enough about the topic to sue over it.
“I’m filing a lawsuit today against the police department,” Whitner said Saturday, according to CBS 19 in Cleveland.
Whitner also declared his innocence, and said that “nothing really happened.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/11/whitner-vows-to-file-a-lawsuit-over-tasering/

LtFinFan66
04-11-2009, 09:38 PM
just because they were dropped doesn't mean they ****ed up:rolleyes:

LtFinFan66
04-11-2009, 09:58 PM
link says no charges have been filed....not that the charges were dropped

Tatonka
04-11-2009, 10:19 PM
they must have changed the story.. that is not what it said before. i pasted the quote from the story.

Mitchell55
04-11-2009, 10:35 PM
I have a question. The story is was he was at Ted ginns birthday party and then there was a fight. My question is, why was Ted ginn never talked about durring any of this?

Goobylal
04-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Ah, the old "disorderly conduct" charge. It's about as lame as "we smelled pot, but didn't charge him with it." :rolleyes:

Tatonka
04-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Whitner spent the night in jail and released Saturday afternoon. Contrary to some online reports, the charges have not been dropped. At least, not yet.

For Whitner to get caught up like this is a surprise. He always struck me as someone who would be smart enough to not run afoul of the law. He is an acknowledged leader on the team and generally has been a good citizen off the field, there was a domestic incident with a girlfriend in 2006 (no charges were filed).

We're not going to bury him on this. We know there are two sides to every story and we haven't heard his side yet. Whatever happens, this won't sit well with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who just handed down the three-game ban on Lynch. Whitner better hope he gets out of this legal entanglement or he could face a similar fate.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/04/whitner-arrested.html

Goobylal
04-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Naw, the Commish doesn't care about stuff like disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, DUI, or domestic violence. All he cares about is traffic violations for unwittingly hitting drunk girls and illegal guns in trunks. :rolleyes:

Goodell has proven himself to be a joke as a Commish. It started with his weak penalty against the Pats for cheating, and then with letting Wilfork get away with cheap-shotting players, but suspending Lynch for 3 games for crimes that weren't even as bad as Marshall's, is pathetic. The only thing worse is refusing to reduce the suspension to 1 game, like he did for Marshall.

mikemac2001
04-11-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm donte whither I am a buffalo bill

LtFinFan66
04-11-2009, 11:34 PM
I have a question. The story is was he was at Ted ginns birthday party and then there was a fight. My question is, why was Ted ginn never talked about durring any of this?because Ted stayed out of trouble

evdawg419
04-12-2009, 12:06 AM
false...charges will be filed

Cleveland Police tell us Whitner was released from jail Saturday afternoon, and they expect to file formal charges against Whitner by Monday.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=65770&catid=37

Mitchell55
04-12-2009, 12:16 AM
because Ted stayed out of trouble

Normally if a player is just there, there is a huge thing about it. The NFL says to not put yourself in places that this stuff happens. He didnt intend on it but there have been a few cases where the media made a huge stink about it even thought the player had nothing to do with what happened.

LtFinFan66
04-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Maybe he had already left?

ServoBillieves
04-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Naw, the Commish doesn't care about stuff like disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, DUI, or domestic violence. All he cares about is traffic violations for unwittingly hitting drunk girls and illegal guns in trunks. :rolleyes:

Goodell has proven himself to be a joke as a Commish. It started with his weak penalty against the Pats for cheating, and then with letting Wilfork get away with cheap-shotting players, but suspending Lynch for 3 games for crimes that weren't even as bad as Marshall's, is pathetic. The only thing worse is refusing to reduce the suspension to 1 game, like he did for Marshall.

Lynch's suspension = **** the right to bear arms.

I'm not even one of those gun toting NRA hippies, but seriously? 2nd Amendment, and we gut butt ****ed for 3 games.

ServoBillieves
04-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Also...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fba2ab&template=without-video&confirm=true

Mitchell55
04-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Yeah Goob. Vince has injured alot of players, never got suspended. Patriots flat out cheat, all they get was a draft pick taken away when they already had another one in the top 10, which I bet if they didnt, goodell wouldnt of taken there 1st away. Also with Lofa, didnt he get suspended for something and got to play without pay. Can lynch do that?

Goobylal
04-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Lynch's suspension = **** the right to bear arms.

I'm not even one of those gun toting NRA hippies, but seriously? 2nd Amendment, and we gut butt ****ed for 3 games.
I don't have a problem with Lynch getting a misdemeanor for having an unlicensed gun. That's against the law and doesn't infringe upon a person's right to bear arms (legally). What I do have a problem with is Goodell not using his brain and suspending Lynch for 3 games for a non-violent crime (and really, an unlicensed, loaded gun in a bag in his trunk is about as non-violent and non-issue as you can get) and presumably because he didn't talk to police last year, despite being cleared of hit-and-run charges. While OTOH Brandon Marshall beats-up his girlfriend and then gets a DUI and no "sit down" with the Commish, then beats-up someone else, gets a "sit down" and 3-game suspension, and appeals and gets it reduced to 1 game. How does that happen? Is the Commish saying that domestic violence and DUI aren't serious offenses? And how does it get reduced, seeing as how he beat up his girlfriend and then another person, with a DUI in-between? I am fully expecting Goodell to reduce Lynch's suspension to 1-game and if he doesn't, it will tell me that Goodell just panders to the big market teams/owners and has no scruples.

Jan Reimers
04-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Let's not make martyrs out of Lynch, Whitner, et. al. Generally, if you conduct yourself in a reasonable and responsible manner, you don't get tasered, arrested or thrown in jail.

Goobylal
04-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Let's not make martyrs out of Lynch, Whitner, et. al. Generally, if you conduct yourself in a reasonable and responsible manner, you don't get tasered, arrested or thrown in jail.
That's true to an extent, but there are also some crooked cops and/or cops who embellish the accounts of what happened in order to justify their actions. Look at what happened to Ryan Moats.

Tatonka
04-12-2009, 07:42 AM
false...charges will be filed

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=65770&catid=37

as i stated.. the report from the link changed. i was quoting what the reporter said prior to changing it.. i also posted the second link that stated that there were several places reporting the same.

Yasgur's Farm
04-12-2009, 07:47 AM
I have a question. The story is was he was at Ted ginns birthday party and then there was a fight. My question is, why was Ted ginn never talked about durring any of this?Maybe he was in the back lot smoking a blunt with Ronnie Brown.

Lefty2985
04-12-2009, 08:10 AM
i believe on the news he didnt say much but he said his cousin was stuck in the middle and he was trying to get to him because he said some of the ppl had guns. but i am not sure what to think but the news reporter said when she called he answered and said he has been advised not to say much thats the first time i have ever heard someone picking up there phone after they get into trouble.

methos4ever
04-12-2009, 08:39 AM
From the sound of the story, Whitner was trying to go back and get his cousin, shouting "they got guns." If they were people there OR off-duty cops he wouldn't know, because they were in plain clothes.