PDA

View Full Version : I'm surprised that more of you Zoners aren't pissed at Peters

jpdex12
04-12-2009, 12:24 AM
If we can't extend him B4 the draft then it's purely his fault and if this happens we have a gaping hole in our Oline.

Not to mention we will most likely have to grab a Tackle with the #11 pick to start at LT if that is their natural position and they are slated as good enough from day one to start (Oher/Smith) or else we slide Walker over to LT and draft a tackle no later than round two to start at RT (Beatty, Britton, Meredith, Loadholt).

I'd guess that we would most likely slide Walker to LT and draft a RT (Loadholt/Meredith) in round two as well as a G/C in round three (Caldwell).

Mitchell55
04-12-2009, 12:27 AM
I cant believe more people are still mad at Whitner for his incident than Peters who is showing he doesnt want to be in buffalo and is still doing exactly what he did last year and is showing no class.

ServoBillieves
04-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Jason got lucky.

A team picked him up with little intention, he showed promise, so he was put on the spot, he got a touchdown, and had one great year at tackle. What did he do last year? *****ed about a contract and gave up 11 sacks and countless penalties. Yet, due to fan voting I'm sure, he was selected to the Pro Bowl. Look, I want a complete O-Line just as much as the next guy, but if he's going to be such a ***** about it, then let him go and we'll draft one first round.

The past few first round O-lineman have done their jobs well, I'll take a first and third for Peters if we can snag a good O-Lineman and Linebacker in the first round.

Mitchell55
04-12-2009, 02:02 AM
Jason got lucky.

A team picked him up with little intention, he showed promise, so he was put on the spot, he got a touchdown, and had one great year at tackle. What did he do last year? *****ed about a contract and gave up 11 sacks and countless penalties. Yet, due to fan voting I'm sure, he was selected to the Pro Bowl. Look, I want a complete O-Line just as much as the next guy, but if he's going to be such a ***** about it, then let him go and we'll draft one first round.

The past few first round O-lineman have done their jobs well, I'll take a first and third for Peters if we can snag a good O-Lineman and Linebacker in the first round.

No Cushing!!!

Goobylal
04-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Jason hasn't missed any mandatory time yet. So I have no reason to be mad at him until he does. Should Schobel, who missed most of last season, be there? Why no hatred over that? Because he doesn't kvetch about his contract (which BTW was redone with 3 years remaining, without so much as a peep by the FO)?

M
04-12-2009, 08:30 AM
I've been pi$$ed at Peters since he held out last year ... nothing has changed.

Patti120
04-12-2009, 08:32 AM
The situation definitely disappointing and will be extremely frustrating if we don't workout a trade for him before the draft and end up drafting a LT at 11. If we work something out with another team after the draft where we get a player that we need then fine but otherwise the situation sucks and Peters sucks.

Raptor
04-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Never going to be pissed at someone for trying to make as much money as he can when he can

Raptor
04-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Jason got lucky.

The past few first round O-lineman have done their jobs well, I'll take a first and third for Peters if we can snag a good O-Lineman and Linebacker in the first round

It was two good years

he cant be voted in on just fan voting it only counts for a third

People are being blinded by J.Long and Clady, The 4 other T's taken in the first were below avg at best and D'Brick gave up around 24 sacks in his first two years

HHURRICANE
04-12-2009, 09:27 AM
If we can't extend him B4 the draft then it's purely his fault and if this happens we have a gaping hole in our Oline.

Not to mention we will most likely have to grab a Tackle with the #11 pick to start at LT if that is their natural position and they are slated as good enough from day one to start (Oher/Smith) or else we slide Walker over to LT and draft a tackle no later than round two to start at RT (Beatty, Britton, Meredith, Loadholt).

I'd guess that we would most likely slide Walker to LT and draft a RT (Loadholt/Meredith) in round two as well as a G/C in round three (Caldwell).

Blame the FO for creating this situation. Don't blame Peters. Should he rush to sign a crappy contract because it makes sense fo the zoners?

Spiderweb
04-12-2009, 09:41 PM
It was two good years

he cant be voted in on just fan voting it only counts for a third

People are being blinded by J.Long and Clady, The 4 other T's taken in the first were below avg at best and D'Brick gave up around 24 sacks in his first two years

Yep, one decent year at RT, and a good year at LT, then came last years letdown...

Still can't believe he gave up a league worst 11.5 sacks....and still and still made the pro bowl.

feldspar
04-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Blame the FO for creating this situation. Don't blame Peters. Should he rush to sign a crappy contract because it makes sense fo the zoners?

Since when is something like $9 million a year a crappy contract? That fat bastard did not even help the team last year very much. He is not the best LT in the league, and he shouldn't be paid as such. He is way too greedy. After what happened last year, he'd be lucky to be paid as a top five Tackle, which is what's currently on the table. Since his main motivation seems to be money, who's to say whether Peters would play up to whatever deal he gets? Since he undeservedly went to the Pro Bowl last year, maybe he thinks that he can just coast through another offseasn and be rewarded for it. If he wants us to commit to him, he needs to show us committment first, and he hasn't. Who knows where his head is at? Or his heart, for that matter. That plays a big role, too...not just raw talent. I don't see him doing whatever it takes to be the best player he can be...not by a longshot.

jpdex12
04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Since when is something like $9 million a year a crappy contract? That fat bastard did not even help the team last year very much. He is not the best LT in the league, and he shouldn't be paid as such. He is way too greedy. After what happened last year, he'd be lucky to be paid as a top five Tackle, which is what's currently on the table. Since his main motivation seems to be money, who's to say whether Peters would play up to whatever deal he gets? Since he undeservedly went to the Pro Bowl last year, maybe he thinks that he can just coast through another offseasn and be rewarded for it. If he wants us to commit to him, he needs to show us committment first, and he hasn't. Who knows where his head is at? Or his heart, for that matter. That plays a big role, too...not just raw talent. I don't see him doing whatever it takes to be the best player he can be...not by a longshot.

Gosh, I don't know how many years it will take me to work to gross $9 mill which will only equal one year of his contract. If he extends his contract then the bonus money alone will be far more than $9mill. Again, I don't know how friggin long I would have to work to make that much money but I can tell you I make good money and I am living just fine right now.

Justify why this is a crappy contract again! Greedy f***s!

trapezeus
04-15-2009, 03:52 PM
thing is hte bills front office has put even more holes in the line before this nonsense, so with our without peters, people are going to get into the backfield in a hurry.

Peters is in the wrong on this.

kernowboy
04-16-2009, 11:37 AM
I am not sure we'll get as much as we think we will for Peters. Expecting a massive contract and with a lazy petulant reputation developing, some teams will shy away from him. I see 6 tackles going in R1 as teams now seem to be reaching for them.

Last year we saw Long, Clady, Alberts, Otah, Baker and Brown drafted and I see a similar number going with Jason Smith, Monroe, Oher, Andre Smith, Beatty and Britton all being R1 picks. However I don't think the fall off after the top half dozen is as big this year and I see both Jamon Meredith and Gerald Cadogan becoming effective LTs even if they don't start in their first year.

I think we could trade Peters to the Lions for their R2 (2009) which is No33 and also for their R2 (2010) which should be a top 40 pick.

We could easily use one of our R2 picks this year to select a LT, start Walker or otherwise use the R2 (2010) to move up next year and select someone like Bryan Bulaga, Russell Okung or Ciron Black having started Walker at LT in 2009 with Butler, Chambers or maybe even Jonathan Scott on the other side.

justasportsfan
04-16-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm more pised at this staff.