Another idea of filling within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Another idea of filling within

Needs, OLB, TE, DE, DT, possibly OT, and G. ...................................................................................................OLB- Right now we have Bowen, Thomas, Digi, and Ellison. Not the greatest but Digi looked just as good as pos when he played and Bowen looked great in OTAs and in college. Id say let all fight out ..................................................................................................TE- Fine and Schouman. Fine is a very good TE in my opinion. By watching a tape of him on a 34 yard play you can tell he can catch along with looking at his combine video. He will be like a Boss style TE or dare I say, Shockey or Gonzalas. Not at the same skill but a big blocking TE who can catch short, medium, and long passes very well. Just doesnt have that WR ball skill, everything else looks good. ....................................................................................................................................................................................................OT- Butler. Yes the man that we drafted as a tackle comming out of college. Watching videos of him proves to me that he is not a G but a tackle. He has the feet of a tackle, strength of a guard, and build of a tackle. His only problem is being over matched inside by Wilforks. If he moves outside, he can become a all pro.........................................................................................................................................................................................................Now we are stuck with 2 guards- We brought in McKinney whos only 29 and has 6 (7 but 1 year was injured all year) years of expierence. Only 6.5 career sacks. Thats like .09 a year. Played in 85 career games. For the other G just draft 1. Also if Peters isnt traded then we dont even need another G. ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................DT- McCargo and Johnson- Yes sounds horrible but with Kollar gone, McCargo should be better. Kollar and McCargo seemed to have some problems here but now Kollar is gone and we have Bob Sanders who has a cool name lol. We also have Spencer Johnson who is more of a situational guy but still had a decent season and is worth mentioning, 31 tackles, 2 sacks, 11 ydfl, for a player who came into the season last on our DT rotation...................................................................................................................................................................................................DE- Chris Ellis and Ryan Denney. Ellis was our 3rd round pick and didnt show much in the limited 7 games that he played, but that was expected. He is in his 2nd year and probably the forgotten bill of last years draft outside of our 5th pick who I dont remember the name of the player. He was great in college was a fantastic pass rusher and had alot of upside comming into this year. Ryan Denney led our DL with 4 sacks! Yeah, but its not great considering the fact that he was starting for us. Hes a good backup but not a great starter.
    Last edited by Mitchell55; 04-12-2009, 02:01 AM.
  • Mitchell55
    • Feb 2008

Re: Another idea of filling within

Im sorry for the words all bunched together. My CPU ****ed up.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Digi is not as good as Poz...never has been, never will be.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
        • May 2007

why do you make all these threads? They are unneccesary.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mitchell55
          Im sorry for the words all bunched together. My CPU ****ed up.
          don't worry people only clicked your thread to make fun of you anyway.

Comment

• elltrain22
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by seanbillsfan
            why do you make all these threads? They are unneccesary.
            He makes these threads b/c he's a fan!! Good post Mitch!! Keep posting!!
            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• life of faith
              Senior Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Good thread...whats evryone's thought about possibly drafting Andre Smith and moving him to LG?
              Last edited by life of faith; 04-12-2009, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by life of faith
                Good thread...whats evryone's thought about possibly drafting Abdre Smith and moving him to LG?

To early for a need thats around 3rd on our list with such a good DE class in the beginning.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2009

The 11th pick is going to be guaranteed like 20 million bucks.

If they draft Andre Smith, they won't move him to guard.

I want to point out, even if we trade Peters, I don't want Smith.

He's Mike Williams V2.

He's literally the exact same player. Good in college on a great team. Work ethic questioned, and justifiably so. I could see us taking Oher and moving him to RT. Oher could play guard if Peters stays.

We could just hold Peters for one more year just like last year. Bring Oher up for a year and then move him to LT next year.

But any rate, the more I think about the Peters situation, we should just keep him under his current deal, draft Ayers in Rd 1 and Loadholt in Rd 2.

Bring Loadholt up for a year, then trade Peters, move Loadholt to RT and Walker to LT. As long as Walker keeps up his performance.

Comment

• jamze132
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
                    He makes these threads b/c he's a fan!! Good post Mitch!! Keep posting!!
                    How is it a good thread when you can't read it because it looks like Arabic? I'm not knocking the content, this time, but come on... the computer ****ed up???
                    Last edited by jamze132; 04-12-2009, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by jamze132
                      How is it a good thread when you can't read it because it looks like Arabic? I'm not knocking the content, this time, but come on... the computer ****ed up???
                      elltrain has to be mitchells mom, that is the only explanation

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

Sorry man, can't read that.

Comment

• life of faith
                          Senior Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mitchell55
                          To early for a need thats around 3rd on our list with such a good DE class in the beginning.
                          Now see i feel just the opposite about this DE class. Unless Orakpo falls to us I don't really want a DE in round 1. The projected top DE's are all undersized speedrushers and we already have that in Schobel. We need someone with size like Tyson Jackson but that may be a reach at the 11 spot..But i think if we can draft Andre Smith then we can have a stellar line if we move him to LG beside Peters. Then there is the possibility of Alex Mack falling in our ap in the second...IMO we are a decent guard or te from making this an elite offense..

Comment

• Mitchell55
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jamze132

My computer is losing memory so i guess it decided to fix it by bunching up everything together. I made the post in list form but the CPU moved everything together so I used the dots to space everything.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by life of faith
                              Now see i feel just the opposite about this DE class. Unless Orakpo falls to us I don't really want a DE in round 1. The projected top DE's are all undersized speedrushers and we already have that in Schobel. We need someone with size like Tyson Jackson but that may be a reach at the 11 spot..But i think if we can draft Andre Smith then we can have a stellar line if we move him to LG beside Peters. Then there is the possibility of Alex Mack falling in our ap in the second...IMO we are a decent guard or te from making this an elite offense..

I love Everette. I think he will make for a great DE this year and hope he proves that. Tyson on the other hand is nothing. Hes slow, cant get to the QB, and wont be much of a threat in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X