PDA

View Full Version : parrish for scheffler or waters???

jimbohastle51
04-12-2009, 02:35 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1963/Broncos-and-Chiefs-should-consider-Parrish.html

so maybe the whole brian waters trade or the whole cook in buffalo or talking with bills (about scheffler) is stemming from real talks. maybe the bills are trying to use parrish to land scheffler or brian waters. i have a feeling that since mcdaniels is a offensive pass happy coach who watched parrish twice a season deliever huge punt returns and has seen more tape than the average coach on his recieving skills would want this guy to take the wes welker role in his offense. parrish and a 5th for scheffler would be an extremely fair trade that would net us a starting TE and give trent another solid weapon. on the other side waters is getting up there in years and parrish would be a much needed weapon for a team that needs field position any way they can get it with there enemic offense. again pioli is very familiar with parrish and his skills and since waters is a 9 year vet i am sure we could get waters for parrish and a late round pick. even though he is a pro bowl tackle, you would have to give him a handsome contract along with the deal. either way these are 2 great senarios for the bills and both would improve the team as well as get us equal value for parrish. parrish will never be a full time reciever, his size wont allow it. also remember we do have a pro bowl return man in terrence mcgee and a elite returner in mcelivin as well as a solid returner in fred jackson. parrish is replaceable for us, a TE like tony scheffler isnt as easy for us to find. no rookie as talented as he maybe is a guarantee. every one though vernon davis would completely tear the NFL up and he has done nothing. scheffler is proven. also no second round pick could net a guard as good at brian waters right away and we only have T.O. guaranteed for 1 season. either trade scenario would be interesting.

The Juice Is Loose
04-12-2009, 02:46 PM
why would you trade for parrish if you have eddie royal.

younger.

less dwi's.

just as fast.

little bit bigger (means probably more durable)

eddie royal accomplished more in one season than roscoe has in 4.

no way denver trades for roscoe.

The Juice Is Loose
04-12-2009, 02:48 PM
not knocking your post, just saying, denver would have zero need for parrish. kansas city might, but they aren't going to give up a pro bowl guard for a punt returner.

we'd have to sweeten the deal. and they said they don't want to trade waters.

jamze132
04-12-2009, 03:19 PM
A punt catcher is not worth a starting TE or LG.

The Spaz
04-12-2009, 05:26 PM
A punt catcher is not worth a starting TE or LG.

Yeah because Parrish is exactly like Chris Watson.:crazy:

Wally The Barber
04-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Trading a premier PR for a mid round selection sounds foolish to me!

The Patriots move players for a higher pick then they used to draft them

Nighthawk
04-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Trading a premier PR for a mid round selection sounds foolish to me!

The Patriots move players for a higher pick then they used to draft them

Yeah, but the Bills took Parrish too high...in the 2nd round...and will never be able to get that value back.

Bert102176
04-12-2009, 07:21 PM
parrish and a 6th for Owen Daniels

jimbohastle51
04-12-2009, 07:51 PM
not knocking your post, just saying, denver would have zero need for parrish. kansas city might, but they aren't going to give up a pro bowl guard for a punt returner.

we'd have to sweeten the deal. and they said they don't want to trade waters.

mcdaniels would have TONS of interest in parrish if anything to lighten royals special teams role and let him just play reciever. and i didnt say parrish for either straight up. in both scenarios i wrote i said parrish and a pick for either one. it doesnt take a rocket scienetist to know that parrish wouldnt be traded straight up for waters but parrish and a pick might bet enough to get it done. he is a 10 year vet G not a 5 year vet. and he wants more money. pioli isnt giving a 10 year vet guard he didnt draft a big contract. he is expendable to pioli wheather its this year or next.

patmoran2006
04-12-2009, 08:12 PM
parrish and a 6th for Owen Daniels
C'mon man.. Houston is going to give up Owens for a 4th WR and a 6th round draft pick?

Jeff1220
04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
This writer makes a lot of assumptions - maybe seeing Parrish 2x a year is why Pioli and McDaniels wouldn't want him.

jimbohastle51
04-12-2009, 10:27 PM
This writer makes a lot of assumptions - maybe seeing Parrish 2x a year is why Pioli and McDaniels wouldn't want him.
this doesnt even make sense?? how would you not want one of the best return men in the game?? maybe you dont make a trade like i posted but weather you trade for parrish or not you would want any great return man on your team. if the bills were only asking a 7th round pick for him half the teams in the league would be trying to get him.

clumping platelets
04-12-2009, 10:52 PM
How aboot Lynch for Daniels, swap 1st's w/ Texans, and we draft Moreno or Wells at #15? :tomato:

Mitchell55
04-12-2009, 11:11 PM
If this were to happen it would be KC and it would be Parrish and 4th for Waters.