PDA

View Full Version : youtube: bills classic games

trapezeus
04-13-2009, 08:59 AM
There is a guy on youtube named BillyCody, I believe, who has posted a number of highlight clips of Bills games from the 60's to the 90's.

I watched a couple of the 90's games that i remember as a kid. Watching the 88-91 bills, there was such a different energy that team put out. The defense was excited for the offense. The offense excited for the Defense. You got the sense that these guys weren't afraid of making the big play, they weren't worried about what the critics had to say. They also looked like they were having fun out there and that when the going got tough, they'd find answers during the game instead of finding excuses.

If you get a moment, look up some of those highlights. it's hard to put into words but those games just feel so much different than what we've been subjected to for the last 9 years.

cocamide
04-13-2009, 09:20 AM
here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/BillCody1960

PromoTheRobot
04-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Tremendous! The greatest hits of the Bills. I forgot what a bad man Leonard Smith was. Man, if we had him at safety now, no opposing receiver would dare go over the middle on us.

PTR

trapezeus
04-13-2009, 02:35 PM
i watched the 3 TD in 77 seconds vs the broncos. i remember that game so vividly. i guess that's why i said what i said. The offense rolled onto the field after Leonard Smith ran the second TD in.

And when kenneth davis scored, Thurman was out there in the endzone with his helmet off. He clearly was on the sidelines for the score. Those guys just wanted to win. and they really fed off the fans. Now, it feels like us fans are an impediment to the team. i feel like we are the nagging wife begging for the bills to score but the bills are too comfortable sitting with their feet in the air and tell us, "if you want a win, why don't you go do it?!" I just hate the 2000-2009 bills so much more after watching the classic games.

Night Train
04-13-2009, 02:41 PM
God, I loved those Chuck Knox teams.