X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Getting the drop on Bills receivers

Chris in Rochester, N.Y., writes: Tim, I'm wondering about the ratio of targeted passes to dropped passes for T.O and Robert Royal. granted that they may end up with a worse starting tight end, and more targets for TO ultimately leads to fewer catches made throughout the season...But TO's occasional pass drop might not be too bad if we arent throwing the ball to royal anymore.

• seanbillsfan
    • May 2007

Re: Getting the drop on Bills receivers

Im willing to bet that T.O. will have a career low in drops this season, partly by default because he wont get as many passes thrown his way.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Nice post and question.

Shows me that Royal sucked.

From what I undertand TO was upset with Romo's timing so even though TO might of had catchable balls thrown to him they were coming when he didn't expect them or they were thrown slightly behind him. FYI.

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Nice post and question.

Shows me that Royal sucked.

From what I undertand TO was upset with Romo's timing so even though TO might of had catchable balls thrown to him they were coming when he didn't expect them or they were thrown slightly behind him. FYI.
        Didn't he have the same problems in Philly and SF as well?

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by seanbillsfan
          Im willing to bet that T.O. will have a career low in drops this season, partly by default because he wont get as many passes thrown his way.

really ?

Comment

• seanbillsfan
            • May 2007

Originally posted by ddaryl
            really ?
            Really. He will open our offense up and Lee will have a career high in receptions

Comment

• ddaryl
              • Jan 2005

Really. He will open our offense up and Lee will have a career high in receptions
              maybe... but in all honesty I see T.O. getting his share of the throws.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
                • May 2007

Originally posted by ddaryl
                maybe... but in all honesty I see T.O. getting his share of the throws.
                He definatly will but this is the first time since he was in SF that he has had another legitimate WR playing with him. Either way our offense should be sick this season.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Interesting stats. Reed had no dropped passes? Very interesting.

I can see Lynch having that many dropped passes. I can't remember all the times I saw a screen pass being thrown, and Lynch turns downfield just a little before actually catching the ball. There were so many times the field was simply WIDE open for him and he just dropped it to the ground.

I'm really hoping they work on those screen passes more this year.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
                    • Jan 2005

He definatly will but this is the first time since he was in SF that he has had another legitimate WR playing with him. Either way our offense should be sick this season.

unless we draft some OL that can start and contribute ASAP I think our O is going to remain hit an miss.

It never fails to amaze me how the Bills avoid 1st, 2nd and even 3rd rd OL talent year after year after year.

Unless we draft a top dog for G and or a Peters replacement and improve our OL depth with quality OL players I don't see our O being very explosive at all regardless of who our WR's are.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I agree. TO's presence should make it easier for Trent to spread the love or TO may not be able to drop the ball because Trent will be on his arse if we don't fix this OL.
                      Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-13-2009, 12:21 PM.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                      X