I'm convinced that Fred Jackson will be the starter for the entire year in 2009.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I'm convinced that Fred Jackson will be the starter for the entire year in 2009.

I got alot of flack last year when I propsed that Jackson should be the starter and that Lynch should be brought in to pound the ball later in the game.

Well with a 3 game suspension Jackson is going to see alot of snaps in camp and in the pres-season with the first string.

I ulitmately believe that Jauron knows the start of this season is critical so he's going to treat Jackson as if he was the starter.

I think Jackson will play well enough that Lynch will be playing behind him for the entire year.
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Re: I'm convinced that Fred Jackson will be the starter for the entire year in 2009.

I don't.

It's possible that Jackson plays himself into more of a true 50/50 split if he performs well. But Lynch is more of an all around workhorse back. And not to take anything away from Freddie, but Lynch is the better player.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
      • Feb 2009

Re: I'm convinced that Fred Jackson will be the starter for the entire year in 2009.

I'm not Lynch is a better. What I hope to see is him and Lynch on the field together more. I would really like to see Lynch in the backfield and freddy in the slot. That could create some serious mismatches, with the WR's freeing up the running game Lynch is gonna have a great season despite missing 2 games (I think he gets his suspension reduced a game).

Comment

• seanbillsfan
        • May 2007

i love freddie but i highly doubt he will be the starter for the whole season. Whoever we play in the 4th game of the season is gonna get run-the-f**k-over by beastmode

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
          I don't.

It's possible that Jackson plays himself into more of a true 50/50 split if he performs well. But Lynch is more of an all around workhorse back. And not to take anything away from Freddie, but Lynch is the better player.
          You are a good poster here and I trust your football IQ.

But Freddie has proven that he can find the holes quicker on an o-line that isn't that good in the run game. Lynch might be a better player but not necessarily on this team.

The momentum that Jackson carries into the season is going to make it hard to yank him unless of course he's struggling while Lynch is out.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I do think Jackson could make himself a co starter with great play.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i think there is some truth to that. In some games last year, it seemed obvious that Jackson could squirm through the tiny openings that our line would create where as marshawn was going through broad shouldered. I thought that Jackson was harder to get down in the beginning and that Lynch's powerful running style was the perfect late 3rd quarter all of fourth quarter punishment an opposing d couldn't really stop.

I said this last year too, but jackson's running style is very thurman like. How many runs did thurman have where he turned backwards and just kept going running backwards? Jackson does the same thing. He's very shifty. Lynch is just a beast who loves contact.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Jackson is 28 that is not a good age for a RB, i wouldnt want to take anything away fomr his ability but Lynch just turned 23, and has alot of career ahead of him, he needs to get his act together and we got a top 5 RB on our hands
                that being said Freddie's value to this team is huge, most teams have 2 RBs and if it ends up 1a and 1b then i think no one will have a problem with that
                The days of 1 Rb and thats it on offense are done, u have to utulize the talent u have on the roster and Turk struggles to do that so far

I think freddies contract situtation needs to get done and Lets use them both to throw defense off
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                  Jackson is 28 that is not a good age for a RB, i wouldnt want to take anything away fomr his ability but Lynch just turned 23, and has alot of career ahead of him, he needs to get his act together and we got a top 5 RB on our hands
                  that being said Freddie's value to this team is huge, most teams have 2 RBs and if it ends up 1a and 1b then i think no one will have a problem with that
                  The days of 1 Rb and thats it on offense are done, u have to utulize the talent u have on the roster and Turk struggles to do that so far

I think freddies contract situtation needs to get done and Lets use them both to throw defense off
                  1) I agree with the age but Jackson has not taken the pounding because of the path his career had followed.

2) Lynch is the future and I think this would be a scenario for 2009 only.

3) Lynch isn't just going to show up after 4 weeks off and be ready to start.

4) If Jackson is playing well, and the Bills are winning, no coach on the hot seat is just going to just yank a player for the perceived starter.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

the only thing I am convinced about and whats been proven so far is that Freddie is a great rb coming off the bench. What isn't proven is that whether he can be a no.1 rb and can sustain an entire season as a no.1. Maybe he can , maybe he can't. I sure wouldn't have the confidence going into the season with relying on him as the no.1 without Lynch or of equal talent.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

I think Lynch is more talented physically but Freddie is the smarter back. He just finds the hole better and hits it quicker. Lynch dances and then just trys to run people over. Unless he changes his style Lynch is probably destined for a short career.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Jackson doesn't have enough power and I don't think he could take the beating over the course of a full season.

Plus, it'll make the FO look bad if an undrafted FA starts over their first round pick.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• theanswer74
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          1) I agree with the age but Jackson has not taken the pounding because of the path his career had followed.

2) Lynch is the future and I think this would be a scenario for 2009 only.

3) Lynch isn't just going to show up after 4 weeks off and be ready to start.

4) If Jackson is playing well, and the Bills are winning, no coach on the hot seat is just going to just yank a player for the perceived starter.
                          Lynch can practice I believe.

Its only going to be 1 game anyways after the appeal.

I do agree, I think Jackson may actually be a better RB.
                          Last edited by theanswer74; 04-13-2009, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            You are a good poster here and I trust your football IQ.

But Freddie has proven that he can find the holes quicker on an o-line that isn't that good in the run game. Lynch might be a better player but not necessarily on this team.

The momentum that Jackson carries into the season is going to make it hard to yank him unless of course he's struggling while Lynch is out.
                            Thanks.

You do make an interesting argument here, but I just don't see Freddie becoming a clear starter over Lynch. Lynch is too versatile, too good, and we have too much invested in him, to have him sit.

But I do agree that Freddie has the opportunity to play himself into a true split as opposed to being Lynch's competent backup. If he earns the PT, this staff will give it to him.
                            Last edited by Saratoga Slim; 04-13-2009, 11:09 AM.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by theanswer74
                              Lynch can practice I believe.
                              He can participate all of preseason, including the games.

Once on suspension starts though (week 1), he can't practice or even be at team headquarters. He has to stay completely away from the team until his suspension is over.
                              Last edited by Ickybaluky; 04-13-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X