X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdbillsfan2
    • Apr 2005

Police: Charges filed against Bills' Whitner

CLEVELAND – Buffalo Bills defensive back Donte Whitner has been formally charged with aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest for his role in an altercation outside a Cleveland nightclub early Saturday.
    Police handcuffed and used a stun gun on the 23-year-old Whitner outside the House of Blues after he forced his way past them and then broke free from officers. Whitner was taken to jail and released later pending formal charges.
    Cleveland police spokesman Thomas Stacho (stah'-koh) confirmed the charges on Monday. No court date has been set but Whitner will make an initial appearance in the next two weeks, Stacho said.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: Police: Charges filed against Bills' Whitner

Ill wait for the facts to come out before I judge Donte completely but its great to see we dont have high character players and we still suck

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I think Donte should have kept his mouth quiet about suing the police.
      Of course they're going file charges to make sure they counter balance any attempt by him to place blame on the department

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Ignorant Bust
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
          I think Donte should have kept his mouth quiet about suing the police.
          Of course they're going file charges to make sure they counter balance any attempt by him to place blame on the department
          Yep, exactly what I thought when he was running his mouth on Cleveland TV.

However, he did "guarantee a win" in court.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

However, he did "guarantee a win" in court.
            That cracked me up. Well done.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Lexwhat
              • Feb 2005

NEW DETAILS:

It was unclear why Whitner tried to leave the club and head for a melee outside, though he told officers, "My cousin's out there, and they've got guns," according to the police report, Stacho said.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                • Feb 2005

Cleveland police spokesman Thomas Stacho confirmed the charges on Monday and said Whitner is being sent a summons. He said a court date has been set for April 28 for Whitner's initial appearance.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

So we won't have Whitner for the opener at Foxbor either. That actually gives us a better chance to win!

Comment

• zone
                    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                    NEW DETAILS:

It was unclear why Whitner tried to leave the club and head for a melee outside, though he told officers, "My cousin's out there, and they've got guns," according to the police report, Stacho said.
                    Hmm, how is that unclear? His cousin was in trouble and he was trying to get him out of there.
                    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone
                      Hmm, how is that unclear? His cousin was in trouble and he was trying to get him out of there.
                      Exactly!
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

When the police are on the scene to handle the situation, and they tell you clearly to stay out of it, you do as they say. Donte, and anyone else, who would fight their way into an ongoing riot, would just make the situation worse. The police cannot stop a riot by letting additional people into the fray.

From what I read, Donte acted irresponsibly and deserves the charges lodged against him. It doesn't make him a horrible person, but in this instance, he was wrong and now must face the consequences.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

I don't think anyone's arguing that, Jan, but how is it unclear why Whitner tried to leave the club?
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                          X