PDA

View Full Version : Police: Charges filed against Bills' Whitner

sdbillsfan2
04-13-2009, 01:36 PM
<!-- end .byline --> CLEVELAND – Buffalo Bills defensive back Donte Whitner has been formally charged with aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest for his role in an altercation outside a Cleveland nightclub early Saturday.
Police handcuffed and used a stun gun on the 23-year-old Whitner outside the House of Blues after he forced his way past them and then broke free from officers. Whitner was taken to jail and released later pending formal charges.
Cleveland police spokesman Thomas Stacho (stah'-koh) confirmed the charges on Monday. No court date has been set but Whitner will make an initial appearance in the next two weeks, Stacho said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090413/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_bills_whitner_arrested_1

FlyingDutchman
04-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Ill wait for the facts to come out before I judge Donte completely but its great to see we dont have high character players and we still suck

ddaryl
04-13-2009, 01:54 PM
I think Donte should have kept his mouth quiet about suing the police.
Of course they're going file charges to make sure they counter balance any attempt by him to place blame on the department

bigbub2352
04-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Ignorant Bust

HHURRICANE
04-13-2009, 02:32 PM
I think Donte should have kept his mouth quiet about suing the police.
Of course they're going file charges to make sure they counter balance any attempt by him to place blame on the department

Yep, exactly what I thought when he was running his mouth on Cleveland TV.

However, he did "guarantee a win" in court.

Saratoga Slim
04-13-2009, 04:10 PM
However, he did "guarantee a win" in court.

That cracked me up. Well done.

Lexwhat
04-13-2009, 05:38 PM
NEW DETAILS:

It was unclear why Whitner tried to leave the club and head for a melee outside, though he told officers, "My cousin's out there, and they've got guns," according to the police report, Stacho said.

Lexwhat
04-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Cleveland police spokesman Thomas Stacho confirmed the charges on Monday and said Whitner is being sent a summons. He said a court date has been set for April 28 for Whitner's initial appearance.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9443812/Whitner-charged-after-weekend-Taser-incident

jamze132
04-14-2009, 06:14 AM
So we won't have Whitner for the opener at Foxbor either. That actually gives us a better chance to win!

zone
04-14-2009, 06:52 AM
NEW DETAILS:

It was unclear why Whitner tried to leave the club and head for a melee outside, though he told officers, "My cousin's out there, and they've got guns," according to the police report, Stacho said.
Hmm, how is that unclear? His cousin was in trouble and he was trying to get him out of there.

mybills
04-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Hmm, how is that unclear? His cousin was in trouble and he was trying to get him out of there.
Exactly!

Jan Reimers
04-14-2009, 07:35 AM
When the police are on the scene to handle the situation, and they tell you clearly to stay out of it, you do as they say. Donte, and anyone else, who would fight their way into an ongoing riot, would just make the situation worse. The police cannot stop a riot by letting additional people into the fray.

From what I read, Donte acted irresponsibly and deserves the charges lodged against him. It doesn't make him a horrible person, but in this instance, he was wrong and now must face the consequences.

mybills
04-14-2009, 07:46 AM
I don't think anyone's arguing that, Jan, but how is it unclear why Whitner tried to leave the club?