X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

wow lets stop being homers about this offseason

Yes we signed TO...which was a massive upgrade at WR and what we needed. But the one year contract just proves that this front office is in desperation mode for publicity and excitement surrounding the team this season.

Let's discuss all the problems surrounding this team...

1. Jauron is still the coach
    2. Lynch is suspended for the first 3 games of the season for being arrested
    3. Donte Whitner just got arrested and might be suspended
    4. Ko Simpson was arrested

Now lets discuss the personel problems

1. Our starting LT (despite mixed opinions) is holding out...AGAIN
    2. We signed a backup center to replace our backup center
    3. We released our starting left guard
    4. Were moving our backup left tackle to guard
    5. We signed a journeyman backup to compete at guard
    6. We still havent given Fred Jackson the contract he deserves
    7. We replaced Jabari Greer with a backup who was released after one season in jacksonville for playing so poorly

and the two most important factors, we havent addressed the pass rush which is the most needed thing on this team or outside linebacker.

Yes the draft is still coming, but how are we going to fill all these holes with rookies? We try to do this EVERY season and it gets us nowhere.

If we trade Peters, were going to replace him with a rookie most likely, leaving a two rookies, or a rookie and kirk chambers starting on the left side of the line.

There is no way this team is better today than it was last season. Even with a very strong draft were still FAR behind every other team in our division in terms of talent.

Don't buy into the media hype the Bills are selling. Just because we signed TO doesnt mean were a better team.

Neg rep all you want, its the sad truth and I dont see how you can argue otherwise.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • theanswer74
    • Apr 2004

Re: wow lets stop being homers about this offseason

We have a backup at starting QB.

Or is he not a backup anymore? I dont know what a backup is I guess.

Every player that was a backup is a backup, even if they are now starters? Or can young backup players become starters?
    Last edited by theanswer74; 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• more cowbell
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by theanswer74
      We have a backup at starting QB.

Or is he not a backup anymore? I dont know what a backup is I guess.

Every player that was a backup is a backup, even if they are now starters? Or can young backup players become starters?

due to the bills past record on signing backups to become starters...anyone expecting something out of kirk chambers or geoff hobnobber is fooling themselves.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Please lend me your crystal ball. I need the winning lottery numbers tonight.

Comment

• theanswer74
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by more cowbell
          due to the bills past record on signing backups to become starters...anyone expecting something out of kirk chambers or geoff hobnobber is fooling themselves.
          You call him Hobnobber and expect to be taken seriously?

Hangartner started 8 games last year, actually he started 11 games because he came in early in other games.

He was a stud last year. I dont think its fair to call him a backup because he started the year as a backup.

Players get better.

Say what you want about Kirk Chambers but the reality is he probably outperformed eveyone on our OL besides Walker and Bulter. I dont think he is LT material, but he can play OG or RT if they choose to move Walker to LT, which is what they will probably do if they trade Peters.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Leodis McKelvin will start in place of Greer and Florence will go back to nickel where he is more suited. Blame Jacksonville for trying to slam a square peg in a round hole.
            Seth McKinney has been a starter. He happens to be a pretty good run blocker. Ask Ronnie Brown. His signing also makes it obvious that Chambers is not going to be counted on as a starting guard. I already discussed Hangartner in the "Best FA" thread.

Statements like, "I dont see how you can argue otherwise," don't exactly make it seem as if you are willing to actually debate anything. If your mind is made up, what's the point of inviting a discussion by starting a thread?
            Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 04-14-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• mayotm
              • Jul 2003

Actually, a few more "homers" on this site would be refreshing at this point. 75% of the posts are negative.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

We signed Drayton Florence to start? Damn that's news to me, cause I thought Leodis did a hell of a job starting in his place last year. Also our backup center did a pretty good job starting at center a few times for the Panthers.

Peters is either traded or extended close to the draft.
                Fred Jackson works out one way or the other.
                You think Dockerey was any good?

So that narrows it down to...

Through free agency we didn't fill our starting LG spot.

Yes yes, pass rush, OLB, TE, but did you really want any that were left?
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  H to the 12:20
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                  Actually, a few more "homers" on this site would be refreshing at this point. 75% of the posts are negative.
                  We weren't all always like this. They made us this way.

Comment

• more cowbell
                    • Apr 2006

You call him Hobnobber and expect to be taken seriously?

Hangartner started 8 games last year, actually he started 11 games because he came in early in other games.

He was a stud last year. I dont think its fair to call him a backup because he started the year as a backup.

Players get better.

Say what you want about Kirk Chambers but the reality is he probably outperformed eveyone on our OL besides Walker and Bulter. I dont think he is LT material, but he can play OG or RT if they choose to move Walker to LT, which is what they will probably do if they trade Peters.

I know who Geoff Hangartner is. Im aware of what he did last season and in his career. I know he performed well last season and he had mutliple compliments from coaches and players (jordan gross).

all im saying is this isnt the first time that a player like this hasnt been signed and has been hyped up to be an "up and coming player"

Examples: Bennie Anderson (wasnt resigned because the ravens signed kendrick vincent that off season, anderson was supossely a good player on a bad line though.)

Tutan Reyes (wasnt resigned because the panthers drafted evan mathis...who is now on his 3rd nfl team and cant even crack the lineup for the bengals. The panthers supossely let him go because they couldnt afford him and the bills might have found a steal...)

Andre Davis (wasnt resigned by the patriots because he was on a crowded WR depth chart...was supossed to break out to his old cleveland browns form for the bills)

Melvin Fowler (was supossed to be a solid starter for us and was finally benched this season and now wont be back)

Larry Tripplett (was a 3rd DT in Indy. He was supossed to be a stud DT in our cover 2 defense and didn't do anything while he was here...eventually cut...now teamless)

all im saying is im sick of relying on 2nd and 3rd tier free agents to fill major holes on our team. holes that have been glaring on our team for many seasons now.

Comment

• more cowbell
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by andyxc71
                      Leodis McKelvin will start in place of Greer and Florence will go back to nickel where he is more suited. Blame Jacksonville for trying to slam a square peg in a round hole.
                      Seth McKinney has been a starter. He happens to be a pretty good run blocker. Ask Ronnie Brown. His signing also makes it obvious that Chambers is not going to be counted on as a starting guard. I already discussed Hangartner in the "Best FA" thread.

Statements like, "I dont see how you can argue otherwise," don't exactly make it seem as if you are willing to actually debate anything. If your mind is made up, what's the point of inviting a discussion by starting a thread.

Leodis Mckelvin is a talented player who WILL get better. As of right now he cant be depended upon to start. He has potential of being a great player but was embarassed many times last season by #2 recievers (see the 49ers game as a perfect example). Relying on him to start against teams with 2 good starting recievers is a liability. regardless of his potential

Comment

• theanswer74
                        • Apr 2004

I know who Geoff Hangartner is. Im aware of what he did last season and in his career. I know he performed well last season and he had mutliple compliments from coaches and players (jordan gross).

all im saying is this isnt the first time that a player like this hasnt been signed and has been hyped up to be an "up and coming player"

Examples: Bennie Anderson (wasnt resigned because the ravens signed kendrick vincent that off season, anderson was supossely a good player on a bad line though.)

Tutan Reyes (wasnt resigned because the panthers drafted evan mathis...who is now on his 3rd nfl team and cant even crack the lineup for the bengals. The panthers supossely let him go because they couldnt afford him and the bills might have found a steal...)

Andre Davis (wasnt resigned by the patriots because he was on a crowded WR depth chart...was supossed to break out to his old cleveland browns form for the bills)

Melvin Fowler (was supossed to be a solid starter for us and was finally benched this season and now wont be back)

Larry Tripplett (was a 3rd DT in Indy. He was supossed to be a stud DT in our cover 2 defense and didn't do anything while he was here...eventually cut...now teamless)

all im saying is im sick of relying on 2nd and 3rd tier free agents to fill major holes on our team. holes that have been glaring on our team for many seasons now.
                        The offensive lineman we signed, Reyes, Anderson, Fowler were all guys late in free agency. We didnt target those guys.

Doesnt mean much though, since guys we have targeted Dockery for instance did not workout, some have like Langston Walker.

Comment

• more cowbell
                          • Apr 2006

The offensive lineman we signed, Reyes, Anderson, Fowler were all guys late in free agency. We didnt target those guys.

Doesnt mean much though, since guys we have targeted Dockery for instance did not workout, some have like Langston Walker.

it doesnt matter if we targeted them or not.

all the point of my post is, is that im sick of these below average/average players being counted on to be starters in a position of need

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

I agree with more cowbell. I believe this team is worst right now then the team that went 0-6 in the division last year. And, this year they have what appears to be a harder schedule.

The TO signing was nice, but I didn't even have them upgrading the WR in my mock off season. I am glad they did, but that glitz ain't hiding the rest of that grit.

Now, it is only April, but I am convinced not much will change.
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Yes we signed TO...which was a massive upgrade at WR and what we needed. But the one year contract just proves that this front office is in desperation mode for publicity and excitement surrounding the team this season.

Let's discuss all the problems surrounding this team...

1. Jauron is still the coach
                              2. Lynch is suspended for the first 3 games of the season for being arrested
                              3. Donte Whitner just got arrested and might be suspended
                              4. Ko Simpson was arrested

Now lets discuss the personel problems

1. Our starting LT (despite mixed opinions) is holding out...AGAIN
                              2. We signed a backup center to replace our backup center
                              3. We released our starting left guard
                              4. Were moving our backup left tackle to guard
                              5. We signed a journeyman backup to compete at guard
                              6. We still havent given Fred Jackson the contract he deserves
                              7. We replaced Jabari Greer with a backup who was released after one season in jacksonville for playing so poorly

and the two most important factors, we havent addressed the pass rush which is the most needed thing on this team or outside linebacker.

Yes the draft is still coming, but how are we going to fill all these holes with rookies? We try to do this EVERY season and it gets us nowhere.

If we trade Peters, were going to replace him with a rookie most likely, leaving a two rookies, or a rookie and kirk chambers starting on the left side of the line.

There is no way this team is better today than it was last season. Even with a very strong draft were still FAR behind every other team in our division in terms of talent.

Don't buy into the media hype the Bills are selling. Just because we signed TO doesnt mean were a better team.

Neg rep all you want, its the sad truth and I dont see how you can argue otherwise.
                              1. Jason Peters is still a Bill and on contract for 2 more years.

2. Even if we trade Peters (which I would not want) rookie LTs were gold last year (see Long, Clady, Baker, and Brown who a lot of ppl called a reach however the Texans offense was one of the best) Also Gosder Cherilous and Jeff Otah played solid at RT as rookies.

3. Lynch is suspended 3 games but we have Jackson who has proven he can carry the load.

4. Our OL didn't play great last year anyways so the way I see it, Peters - Rookie - Hangartner- Butler - Walker is either as good or better than last year considering how weak Dockery was. Now add TO to that and we have improved on the whole.

5. We have a high draft choice with a chance to add an impact player.

6. The draft is deep at the positions the Bills need to address. OG/OC, TE, pass rusher. If we can add a TE like Pettigrew, Cook, Nelson, Ingram, Casey or Coffman to our offense as well as a solid interior line player that can be plugged in right away. A player like Luigs or Caldwell can start right away.

7. Adding a stud pass rusher will give our 3rd down defense some teeth which is the only thing our D lacked last year.

8. Greer is being replaced by the CB we drafted 11th overall last year not Florence. Florence was brought in to compete at nickel.
                              Last edited by Mahdi; 04-13-2009, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X