PDA

View Full Version : Miller says "be patient"

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Miller did have an interesting request for the fans in Buffalo.
"We just ask the fans and everyone in the area to be patient for one more summer. I'm not going to make any outrageous claims but I want this to be a team that has a swagger; had a confidence. Don't get too high. Don't get too low. A team that is growing and maturing into what we should be with this much talent."
http://www.wgr550.com/Miller-Asks-Fans-to-Be-Patient/4195127

LtFinFan66
04-14-2009, 12:11 AM
I am sure that will go over well on here

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-14-2009, 06:37 AM
OK Ryan, we will wait another 10 years. Thanks for not getting our hopes up.

THATHURMANATOR
04-14-2009, 07:23 AM
I will give him one more year. What else am I going to do?

bigbub2352
04-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Miller is Emo thats all im saying

Nighthawk
04-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah Ryan, no playoffs in 5 out of 7 years...umm, sure you need time. This is the problem with this organization...always HOPING that they will become better instead of doing the things that need to be done to BECOME better. Honestly, I like Ryan, he's a good voice for the team and a good leader, but he needs to shut the f**k up and get a clue.

Ebenezer
04-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Easy for him to say...he has a nice long lucrative contract.

Mski
04-14-2009, 12:43 PM
A team that is growing and maturing into what we should be with this much talent

even he knows our talent isnt even close to par with the rest of the playoff teams

Nighthawk
04-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Easy for him to say...he has a nice long lucrative contract.

I'm so tired of the excuses out of this organization...just bring in a capable, more aggressive GM that will change the demeanor of this team. Bring in players who can lead and get rid of the dead weight. It really isn't a hard concept.

Ebenezer
04-14-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm so tired of the excuses out of this organization...just bring in a capable, more aggressive GM that will change the demeanor of this team. Bring in players who can lead and get rid of the dead weight. It really isn't a hard concept.
DR has lived through how many changes above him? When allowed to do his job he is a smart GM...the problem is that he is not autonomous...he is a good soldier...cut the budget, he does. build a winner, he does. let CD and DB go, he does. sign miller, he does. Quinn gives the orders. Until Quinn is gone you can bring in a parade of GMs...nothing will change.

Nighthawk
04-14-2009, 01:07 PM
DR has lived through how many changes above him? When allowed to do his job he is a smart GM...the problem is that he is not autonomous...he is a good soldier...cut the budget, he does. build a winner, he does. let CD and DB go, he does. sign miller, he does. Quinn gives the orders. Until Quinn is gone you can bring in a parade of GMs...nothing will change.

Though I agree that Quinn is a douchebag, I think too many fans give Regier a get out of jail free card. IMO, the guy did nothing to build this team for those two years, he just got lucky because of the lockout and then it disappeared. His history is more mediocre then it has been good...the win/loss record shows that. Even during those two great runs, he wasn't smart enough to add the extra pieces during the season to win a championship. I just don't think Regier is a very good GM. He has to go for this team to finally start bringing in different types of players.

Ebenezer
04-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Though I agree that Quinn is douchebag, I think too many fans give Regier a get out of jail free card. IMO, the guy did nothing to build this team for those two years, he just got lucky because of the lockout and then it disappeared. His history is more mediocre then it has been good...the win/loss record shows that. Even during those two great runs, he wasn't smart enough to add the extra pieces during the season to win a championship. I just don't think Regier is a very good GM. He has to go for this team to finally start bringing in different types of players.
I disagree...if he is let go he will not be out of work long.

Different players? As long as Quinn is here and hiring the GM this team will not be constructed differently, sorry. Why would Quinn change his philosophy?

Nighthawk
04-14-2009, 01:13 PM

Different players? As long as Quinn is here and hiring the GM this team will not be constructed differently, sorry. Why would Quinn change his philosophy?

I really don't care if he finds work quickly...he isn't that good of a GM. You're completely taking any blame off his shoulders and that is very foolish.

chernobylwraiths
04-14-2009, 01:13 PM

No, he won't be out of a job long. But if keeps constructing soft teams with whatever he is "allowed" to do, then he won't win it all either.

chernobylwraiths
04-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah Eb. I'm sure Quinn is telling Darcy to get the wimpiest weakest players that he can.

"But Darcy built the team that went to two conference championships a few years ago!"
Teams that didn't have enough to win in the playoffs because it didn't have enough toughness. In the next two years, besides losing CD and DB, they lost most of the toughness as well.

I would rather have Muckler back. At least he knows what it takes.

Nighthawk
04-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah Eb. I'm sure Quinn is telling Darcy to get the wimpiest weakest players that he can.

"But Darcy built the team that went to two conference championships a few years ago!"
Teams that didn't have enough to win in the playoffs because it didn't have enough toughness. In the next two years, besides losing CD and DB, they lost most of the toughness as well.

I would rather have Muckler back. At least he knows what it takes.

Exactly...too many people are giving him too much credit for falling into a team that was perfect for the game after the lockout. That is the #1 arguement and it just doesn't hold water.

chernobylwraiths
04-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Exactly...too many people are giving him too much credit for falling into a team that was perfect for the game after the lockout. That is the #1 arguement and it just doesn't hold water.

He got a free pass by many last year. This year should show that he has not done enough to make the team better.

rbochan
04-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Be patient?
39 years isn't being patient??

Ebenezer
04-14-2009, 02:00 PM
He got a free pass by many last year. This year should show that he has not done enough to make the team better.
where did I say that we should keep DR? I said Quinn is the real problem. Soft? Come on. You don't make it to the NHL by being soft. Just because they don't run goalies or cheap shot somebody means something? BS. Score more goals. That is the only stat that counts.

chernobylwraiths
04-14-2009, 02:28 PM
where did I say that we should keep DR? I said Quinn is the real problem. Soft? Come on. You don't make it to the NHL by being soft. Just because they don't run goalies or cheap shot somebody means something? BS. Score more goals. That is the only stat that counts.

Soft because they ALLOW the other team to run your goalie and other players without hitting back as much. Soft because when the defensemen on the other teams move the puck, they aren't checked once in a while to get them to think. Soft because when many of our forwards go into a corner, they go in stick first to try to knock the puck away without going in with their whole body and taking a hit to make a play. No, it isn't about cheap shots and running the other goalies, it is about doing what is necessary sometimes to win, and doing it consistently, especially in the playoffs. I don't disagree that Quinn doesn't bear a lot of the responsibility, but Darcy let more players with toughness and "grit" leave than he brought in. Plus, he has been here longer than Quinn.

SabreEleven
04-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Let's see...They made the Stanley Cup Finals in 75 and than in 99...99-75=24 years...So being 2009, we are scheduled back in 2023. I hope you guys are really patient.