PDA

View Full Version : NFL Schedule release today!!

LtFinFan66
04-14-2009, 08:12 AM
What kind of things are the Bills in for??

Romes
04-14-2009, 08:15 AM
football games? :idunno:

:tomato:

LtFinFan66
04-14-2009, 08:16 AM
are you sure?

Bruce is Loose
04-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Im thinking we play Pats and Jets after their bye weeks, we play Fins at home early in the year, and we open against the Pats on MNF...

TacklingDummy
04-14-2009, 08:25 AM

Pain.

Romes
04-14-2009, 08:29 AM
are you sure?

I certainly hope so. The Bills aren't too good at football but I couldn't stand to watch them play water polo...

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2009, 08:54 AM
13 losses?

Michael82
04-14-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm predicting a home Sunday Night Football game.

:pray:

Jan Reimers
04-14-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm predicting a home Sunday Night Football game.

:pray:
That, for me anyway, would be better and more fun than a Monday night game.

Ebenezer
04-14-2009, 09:01 AM
For the life of me I still don't understand why anybody wants a home night game...

clumping platelets
04-14-2009, 09:05 AM
:stupid:

Mski
04-14-2009, 09:13 AM

Colt McCoy

:sadwalk:

don137
04-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Very anxious to see when the Bills will be playing here in Charlotte. Been looking forward to that game since I moved here 7 years ago.

SabreEleven
04-14-2009, 09:17 AM
football games? :idunno:

:tomato:

:spit:

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2009, 09:21 AM
For the life of me I still don't understand why anybody wants a home night game...

We are not all old fuddy-duddies?

El Guapo
04-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Does anybody know what time the release will be made?

SabreEleven
04-14-2009, 09:22 AM
:stupid:
Aren't you always?

Jan Reimers
04-14-2009, 09:23 AM
I am, but I still like the atmosphere of the occasional night game.

Mski
04-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Does anybody know what time the release will be made?7pm

SabreEleven
04-14-2009, 09:28 AM
When the schedule is released, can we get just 1 thread announcing it? I doubt we'll need more than one to discuss but, of course, Mitchell is going to start a thread discussing each game individually :rolleyes:

Ebenezer
04-14-2009, 09:33 AM
nothing to do with old...going to a night game to watch your team get beat and then being in a piss ass mood the next day is not my idea of fun...

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 09:39 AM

I'm with you.

First, the game starts later, so that's more waiting before kickoff. Second, the team always plays poorly and embarrasses themselves on national TV. Third, the fans always get way too drunk and embarrass themselves on national TV. Fourth, the game ends way too late- if you're at home, it ends at 1 am, and if you go to the game, good luck getting home before 3 or 4 am.

The only argument that people who like the night games have is the "atmosphere," but so far that atmosphere has yet to help the team win. So who cares?

Ebenezer
04-14-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm with you.

First, the game starts later, so that's more waiting before kickoff. Second, the team always plays poorly and embarrasses themselves on national TV. Third, the fans always get way too drunk and embarrass themselves on national TV. Fourth, the game ends way too late- if you're at home, it ends at 1 am, and if you go to the game, good luck getting home before 3 or 4 am.

The only argument that people who like the night games have is the "atmosphere," but so far that atmosphere has yet to help the team win. So who cares?
I don't often agree with Mike Ditka but he was right when he said that every game should start on Sunday at 1 PM local time.

Historian
04-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Two fish squishings this year!

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Two fish squishings this year!

0-6 in the AFCE again is a lot more likely than that.

Jan Reimers
04-14-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm with you.

Hell, we can lose on Sunday afternoon with the best of them, too. I just like the occasional change of playing under the lights in front of a national audience. The night games always give the fans and the city of Buffalo some good exposure as well.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Hell, we can lose on Sunday afternoon with the best of them, too. I just like the occasional change of playing under the lights in front of a national audience. The night games always give the fans and the city of Buffalo some good exposure as well.

I'd say it gives the fans bad exposure. I only went to one Monday night game- the one against Denver in '05. The fans got so drunk that they cut off beer at halftime, then some idiot college kid delayed the game by doing a half-streak across the field (he took off his shirt but left his pants on). At first people were booing him, but then he made one of the security guards whiff on an attempted tackle and everyone started cheering him.

Drunken fans cheering an idiot who's half naked in 20 degree weather is not what I would call "good exposure."

psubills62
04-14-2009, 10:00 AM
I'd say it gives the fans bad exposure. I only went to one Monday night game- the one against Denver in '05. The fans got so drunk that they cut off beer at halftime, then some idiot college kid delayed the game by doing a half-streak across the field (he took off his shirt but left his pants on). At first people were booing him, but then he made one of the security guards whiff on an attempted tackle and everyone started cheering him.

Drunken fans cheering an idiot who's half naked in 20 degree weather is not what I would call "good exposure."

Maybe the Bills should sign him...

SeatownBillsFan21
04-14-2009, 10:27 AM
I don't often agree with Mike Ditka but he was right when he said that every game should start on Sunday at 1 PM local time.
NO NO NO Way i would hate this it sucks watching game at 10am

don137
04-14-2009, 10:48 AM

Take money out of the equation and the problem is everyone would be craving football and would not be able to watch anything other than one game a week.

Personally, I hate going to night games unless they are on Saturday and I do not work the next day.

1PM and 4 or 4:15 games are fine with me. I like 4PM games because I can get stuff done in the morning.

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2009, 10:49 AM
I'd say it gives the fans bad exposure. I only went to one Monday night game- the one against <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City> in '05. The fans got so drunk that they cut off beer at halftime, then some idiot college kid delayed the game by doing a half-streak across the field (he took off his shirt but left his pants on). At first people were booing him, but then he made one of the security guards whiff on an attempted tackle and everyone started cheering him. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Drunken fans cheering an idiot who's half naked in 20 degree weather is not what I would call "good exposure."<o:p></o:p>
Bite me. <o:p></o:p>
I had one or two too many and have repeatedly apologized, yet you keep bringing it up.<o:p></o:p>
Like you have not done anything embarrassing when drunk? Besides, it was more entertaining than the game!!

<o:p> </o:p>

LtFinFan66
04-14-2009, 11:05 AM
When the schedule is released, can we get just 1 thread announcing it? I doubt we'll need more than one to discuss but, of course, Mitchell is going to start a thread discussing each game individually :rolleyes:gee, won't this thread work

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 11:10 AM
NO NO NO Way i would hate this it sucks watching game at 10am

I'd love to be able to watch the games at 10 am and still have my whole Sunday afternoon free. 1 pm games kill a good portion of the day.

Also, on the east coast, night games start at 9 pm and usually don't end until almost 1 am. That's brutal for anyone who has to work the next day.

SabreEleven
04-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I'd love to be able to watch the games at 10 am and still have my whole Sunday afternoon free. 1 pm games kill a good portion of the day.

Also, on the east coast, night games start at 9 pm and usually don't end until almost 1 am. That's brutal for anyone who has to work the next day.

Move to the West Coast. I love Bills games at 10am and Sabres games at 4pm. It doesn't kill whole days and evenings.

SabreEleven
04-14-2009, 11:39 AM
gee, won't this thread work

One would think.

Ebenezer
04-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Bite me. <o:p></o:p>
I had one or two too many and have repeatedly apologized, yet you keep bringing it up.<o:p></o:p>
Like you have not done anything embarrassing when drunk? Besides, it was more entertaining than the game!!

<o:p> </o:p>
just be thankful that clump and I destroyed the pics that mikey took...then again, it was mikey...the pics wouldnt have seen the light of day for three years...

Ebenezer
04-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Move to the West Coast. I love Bills games at 10am and Sabres games at 4pm. It doesn't kill whole days and evenings.
I was in Hawaii in 2000 when the Bills played the Colts...I had to set an alarm to listen to the radio to get updates every ten minutes...the football day was almost over before lunch.

Mski
04-14-2009, 11:59 AM
FYI Op.... they ALWAYS stop selling beer at halftime... i think its mandated by the league, i have however been to games on sunday afternoons that the stopped selling before halftime because of the intoxication of the crowd

BAM
04-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I was really hoping that first game was in Buffalo but oh well. Last night game I attended was the opener against the Titans in 2000 I believe.

Ed
04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
I agree. I love having the games on earlier out West. You don't have to wait around all sunday morning for the games to start and all the night games end earlier at a reasonable time.

TacklingDummy
04-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Drunken fans cheering an idiot who's half naked in 20 degree weather is not what I would call "good exposure." Now if it was a hot female with big cans...

Michael82
04-14-2009, 01:02 PM
That, for me anyway, would be better and more fun than a Monday night game.
SNF is bigger and better than MNF and would also be better for the out of town fans who wouldn't need to take two days off work, only one. :up:

BillsWin
04-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Colt McCoy

:sadwalk:

He's a cocky bastard. Interviewed him before the red river rivalry game. Looks like he's 12. He'd probably be a good QB for the Bills, but I'd rather us get Sam Bradford if we do have a God awful year...

Dr. Pepper
04-14-2009, 01:25 PM
even though it's been rumored that the colts are the toronto game, im guessing Bills get a home monday nighter against them this season.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 01:27 PM
FYI Op.... they ALWAYS stop selling beer at halftime... i think its mandated by the league, i have however been to games on sunday afternoons that the stopped selling before halftime because of the intoxication of the crowd

actually they always stop at the end of the 3rd quarter- at least that's what it's been when I've been there.

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2009, 01:48 PM
actually they always stop at the end of the 3rd quarter- at least that's what it's been when I've been there.

The Ralph has been stopping at the end of halftime for years now.

Typ0
04-14-2009, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills were going to play on Sunday night football in a home game. It will be in Toronto though. Reports say Colts there is enough info around to think they would be right. The Bills went to a lot of effort to get the games there another division game would make sense.

ServoBillieves
04-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Very anxious to see when the Bills will be playing here in Charlotte. Been looking forward to that game since I moved here 7 years ago.

Me n' my old man are flying down for that game. Never been to another stadium during the regular season for a Bills game. Saw when they opened Heinz Field against the Steelers and have been to a couple Steeler games, but that's it stadium-wise.

Got tickets so far to the pre-season Steeler's game, Panthers game, and either the Fins/Jests/or Patsies game, whichever division opponent we play latest in the year at home.

SabreEleven
04-14-2009, 04:34 PM
I agree. I love having the games on earlier out West. You don't have to wait around all sunday morning for the games to start and all the night games end earlier at a reasonable time.

You get up Sunday morning, get your breakfast, get some pants on (maybe), and the game is on and over by 1pm. It took some getting used to once you move out here but it turns out great. Even Monday games start at 6 and over by 9...not 9 and over by midnight...I'm asleep by midnight.