Peters may not even net us a first rounder, let alone a high first rounder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Peters may not even net us a first rounder, let alone a high first rounder!

Heard twice on Sirrius that teams are not that interested in offering us a first for Peters.

I've heard that it may be mutiple lower round picks and players, etc. His high signing value is actually working against us. In addition, we are not in the drivers seat beacuase they know that Ralph doesn't want to dole out the money in a "small market".

Don't shoot the messenger.

Something to think about but if the Bills don't net any first rounder out of this, or, they end up getting the 28th pick in the first round (i.e. McCargo) how happy are all you "trade his fat ass" fans going to be?

I would start praying right now that he resigns here.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Peters may not even net us a first rounder, let alone a high first rounder!

If he had reasonable salary demands, he'd be worth a first. But no one is going to want to cough up a 1st round pick and $11 million a year for him. There are only maybe 10 players in the NFL worth that much, and he ain't one of them.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• M
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      Heard twice on Sirrius that teams are not that interested in offering us a first for Peters.
      And why is that? Maybe other teams don't think he's as good as he thinks he is.
      Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by CTBills97
        I think it's a combination of things but this is fair. I've heard that most teams believe he is the most athletic person at that position in the entire league and hasn't reached his full potential yet.

I think he has the ability to be the best LT to ever play the game. But who wants to pay for the "what if" scenario?

I just hope he signs here.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by CTBills97
          NOBODY thinks he is as good as HE thinks he is.

I'm hoping that this message starts to sink in -- i.e. that we can't trade him because nobody else thinks he's worth what he's asking either.
          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

I see it as almost the exact opposite. The high salary he demands would be offset by the high salary the trading team would have to pay for a high draft pick. A draft pick that may or may not pan out.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

I think it's a combination of things but this is fair. I've heard that most teams believe he is the most athletic person at that position in the entire league and hasn't reached his full potential yet.

I think he has the ability to be the best LT to ever play the game. But who wants to pay for the "what if" scenario?

I just hope he signs here.
              What is a bigger "what if"? A player who has already made the pro bowl (I know it isn't a huge accomplishment) or a player who hasn't played a down in the NFL.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

I would start praying right now that he resigns here.

NOPE... I'm praying we don't trade him or resign him. He holds out till week 10. We then make him a healthy scratch for 6 games and repeat the process in 2010.

In 2011 we tag him and trade him to whoever for whatever.

I serioulsy will gain a lot of pleasure knowing Peters is being screwed with. It doesn't make the bills better, but lets face it, do we really trust the Bills with extra draft picks anyways. Might as well get some satisfaction is screwing Peters.

yes its sad, but that what I've been reduced to... I have to get my lame thrills some place else because it probably won;'t be with the Bills or the Sabres winning a championship any time soon
                Last edited by ddaryl; 04-14-2009, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                  I see it as almost the exact opposite. The high salary he demands would be offset by the high salary the trading team would have to pay for a high draft pick. A draft pick that may or may not pan out.
                  Yes, that's the logic the board has been using but that's not the reality of the situation.

Peters will cost more than the first pick in this year's draft.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

Yes, that's the logic the board has been using but that's not the reality of the situation.

Peters will cost more than the first pick in this year's draft.
                    But you are saying that a team with a high pick would rather give us lower round picks (no kidding, a team really doesn't want to pay a lot for a proven player?) and then sign both the very high round pick AND Peters. Plus, they would both make about the same amount.

I don't think it is the money Peters is looking for at all. It is about teams trying to get the trade value down.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                      But you are saying that a team with a high pick would rather give us lower round picks (no kidding, a team really doesn't want to pay a lot for a proven player?) and then sign both the very high round pick AND Peters. Plus, they would both make about the same amount.

I don't think it is the money Peters is looking for at all. It is about teams trying to get the trade value down.
                      Read Op's post.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

I do not want the Bills to give Peters away and nothing short of a top 20 first round pick and another pick. While he is a great LT he is also not the top LT in the league.
                        Maybe Peters and his agent will realize that is contract demands are unreasonable which is why no one wants to give up the picks for him.
                        With two years left on his contract and options for frnachising him Peters has the cards stacked against him. He holds out he will lose value. He plays at his current contract he will never make up for the money he will lose by not lowering his demands a little.
                        I hope it is a wake up call to Peters. If he was worth the high price tag teams would trade for him.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Bottom line:

Peters will not get us a high round draft pick so we gain nothing.

We actually lose in trading him because we will be forced to use our 11th pick on a replacement and than hope the FO actually does something with the 28th pick or the second rounder this year and the second rounder next year plus whatever garbge pick/picks that are leftover.

Peters leaving means we get alot worse this year.

Welcome to reality. So I'd rather get a contarct done and move on.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

so let peters rot for 2 more years.

**** him. he is a dirty pirate hooker.

i actually wouldnt care if he got hurt at this point.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by don137
                              I do not want the Bills to give Peters away and nothing short of a top 20 first round pick and another pick. While he is a great LT he is also not the top LT in the league.
                              Maybe Peters and his agent will realize that is contract demands are unreasonable which is why no one wants to give up the picks for him.
                              With two years left on his contract and options for frnachising him Peters has the cards stacked against him. He holds out he will lose value. He plays at his current contract he will never make up for the money he will lose by not lowering his demands a little.
                              I hope it is a wake up call to Peters. If he was worth the high price tag teams would trade for him.
                              I like your post and it makes perfect sense.

You know what I think?

I think the Bills don't want to pay Peters. I think this is a good excuse to move him and than say "see, we tried". Than everybody will give the FO a pass and allow them to continue putting garbage on the field.

A guy that's under contract for another 2 years, who can be franchised for another year, is now somehow in the driver's seat? Does that make any sense whatsoever?

Comment

Working...
                              X