PDA

View Full Version : ... and yet another Peters article

ddaryl
04-14-2009, 01:06 PM
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2009/4/1/817038/discussing-jason-peters

This is an Eagles website..

Intersting perspective from a non Bills fan website. I decent read that follows our feelings pretty well, and it's from our primary trading partner according to blogs / rumor mills

I have a hunch that, were Peters to be traded, his contract demands would drop significantly. Everyone who pays the slightest bit of attention to the NFL knows that Peters isn't the best tackle in the game (though, again, he's played like it for stretches), and he shouldn't be paid as such. Peters and his agent, Eugene Parker, have to realize this as well. They have showed zero willingness to budge from their demands during "negotiations" with the Bills. My guess is that the motive behind that approach is that they're trying to force a trade. Buffalo may not want to deal him, but they will most certainly seriously explore doing so.

cocamide
04-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Glad to see others realize that he really underachieved last year and only got in to the ProBowl because of name recognition.

FlyingDutchman
04-14-2009, 01:16 PM
seems to have a pretty good grasp on things for an iggle fan

Lexwhat
04-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Honestly, what credability does this guy have?? This is a BLOG!

He could say Peters is the best Tackle to ever play the game, or could say that he sucks more than Mike Williams. In either case, his opinion is meaningless and holds no weight.

That site is no different than realfootball365.

cocamide
04-14-2009, 01:26 PM

He could say Peters is the best Tackle to ever play the game, or could say that he sucks more than Mike Williams. In either case, his opinion is meaningless and holds no weight.

Are you trying to be ironic?

ddaryl
04-14-2009, 03:31 PM

it is a blog and it is an opinion, and it mirrors what many others are saying...

Peters is overrated by many. he is not as great as he thinks he is nor what some fans think...

The deal on the table for peters is more then fair, and it appears that Eagles fans see it from a similiar perspective

that is all

Kenny
04-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Peters and his agent, Eugene Parker, have to realize this as well. They have showed zero willingness to budge from their demands during "negotiations" with the Bills. My guess is that the motive behind that approach is that they're trying to force a trade.

I think that's the most important point.

ddaryl
04-14-2009, 03:54 PM
I think that's the most important point.

yeah there was some great quotes in that article from a non Bills perspective.

bflojohn
04-14-2009, 04:01 PM
He never finished his point though, the Bills hold the upper hand here and hopefully they don't blink in regards to Jason Peters! If they do, I'll be highly upset!

tampabay25690
04-14-2009, 04:25 PM
I bet the BILLS and Peters agree to a deal next week before the draft....
You heard it here...

DynaPaul
04-14-2009, 04:28 PM

Does it matter what credibility he has? The guy is not reciting indisputable facts. There are better bloggers out there at their craft then the "paid professionals" are writing their lame and poorly researched articles. Even though he is not a "journalist" the guy is spot on with his opinion.

Oaf
04-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Question is, why is he trying to force a trade? I mean, all we did was give him a shot.

Still bitter about how last year turned out perhaps..

Goobylal
04-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Peters received the 4th most votes in the AP All-Pro voting, tied with 5 other players, meaning he was among the top-8 LT's (out of 32). So while he's doesn't deserve to be the highest-paid LT in the NFL, he's no scrub either, especially coming-off a down year (for him).

ddaryl
04-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Peters received the 4th most votes in the AP All-Pro voting, tied with 5 other players, meaning he was among the top-8 LT's (out of 32). So while he's doesn't deserve to be the highest-paid LT in the NFL, he's no scrub either, especially coming-off a down year (for him).

Of course, and everyone seems to believe the Bills have offered a great or very good contract.

SO the question really is.. Why does he have to have more ?

clumping platelets
04-14-2009, 08:06 PM
You heard it here...

I'm leaning in this direction

ddaryl
04-14-2009, 08:12 PM
You heard it here...

that would be great... It would really allow us to focus our draft.

Throne Logic
04-14-2009, 08:24 PM
He never finished his point though, the Bills hold the upper hand here and hopefully they don't blink in regards to Jason Peters! If they do, I'll be highly upset!

I really don't see how the Bills have the upper hand here. Peters simply just doesn't show up again- just like last year. What, exactly, is the team going to do about it?

If Peter's holds out until Sept, again, it hurts the Bills. Plain and simple. It hurt them last year. It'll be worse this year with an entirely new LG and Center.

Paying him $11M / year is also a bad move. That will handicap this team in regards to making other moves.

The distraction in the meantime is not good with the draft looming and the attentions of the FO guys is divided.

Completing a trade (which is not likely) would not help the Bills. At best, they will be trading Peters for draft picks. That means we give up a capable NFL starter for any number of unproven rookies. Never a good move.
Please explain this upper hand theory.

PromoTheRobot
04-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Here's what I'd do to Peters if I can't get value for him and he holds out again. I'd bench him for all of 2009 and 2010. Before his contract runs out I'd change his position to backup longsnapper (or another low-paying position) and franchise him. Then I'd bench him for all of 2011.

Then he can go get be a free agent after missing 3 years of playing. F*** him.

PTR

Goobylal
04-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Of course, and everyone seems to believe the Bills have offered a great or very good contract.

SO the question really is.. Why does he have to have more ?
So that he can "feed his family." :rolleyes:

I don't think he deserves more than $9.5M a year. But apparently he does and won't budge.