Given the Peters situation, what would you do at the Draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kenny
    • Aug 2004

Given the Peters situation, what would you do at the Draft?

Well, it doesnt look like we're going to sign JP to a long term contract. I think it's obvious he wants out of Buffalo. The way I see it, there are 2 scenarios:

A. We keep him and let him rot
    B. We trade him for at least a first rounder.

With Option A:
    Do we draft an OT @ #11? Or do we wait for the 2nd round? I Oher too high @ 11? Is Britton good enough in round 2? (will he last until our pick in round2?)

With Option B:
    I just dont see JP right now netting a Top10 pick, meaning we have our #11 and presumably another first rounder (from a team that needs a LT): #13 Washington, #20 Detroit, #21 Philadelphia, #22 Minnesota, #26 Baltimore, #27 Indy, and #31 Arizona.

Regardless of whatever happens (keep Peters or trade him), I think we need to grab a top rated tackle... Our OL is already porous enough... definately worse than last year. As of right now, IMO LT is a bigger priority than DE.

Basically: Do we take Oher at #11 (or #13 if we trade to Washington), or possibly wait until late in the first (if we trade JP) for Britton? or draft a OT in the second round (if we keep JP).
    Last edited by Kenny; 04-14-2009, 01:33 PM.
  • New Ro's Greatest
    • Sep 2008

Re: Given the Peters situation, what would you do at the Draft?

Originally posted by Kenny
    Well, it doesnt look like we're going to sign JP to a long term contract. I think it's obvious he wants out of Buffalo. The way I see it, there are 2 scenarios:

A. We keep him and let him rot
    B. We trade him for at least a first rounder.

With Option A:
    Do we draft an OT @ #11? Or do we wait for the 2nd round? I Oher too high @ 11? Is Britton good enough in round 2? (will he last until our pick in round2?)

With Option B:
    I just dont see JP right now netting a Top10 pick, meaning we have our #11 and presumably another first rounder (from a team that needs a LT): #13 Washington, #20 Detroit, #21 Philadelphia, #22 Minnesota, #26 Baltimore, #27 Indy, and #31 Arizona.

Regardless of whatever happens (keep Peters or trade him), I think we need to grab a top rated tackle... Our OL is already porous enough... definately worse than last year. As of right now, IMO LT is a bigger priority than DE.

Basically: Do we take Oher at #11 (or #13 if we trade to Washington), or possibly wait until late in the first (if we trade JP) for Britton? or draft a OT in the second round (if we keep JP).
    If we could get that #13 pick for Peters i would do a back flip! GO BILLS

Comment

• Kenny
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by New Ro's Greatest
      If we could get that #13 pick for Peters i would do a back flip! GO BILLS
      I know it's a bit of a stretch, -but if Washington really does want an OT (not sure if that's the top of their draft board though), they definately wont get Jason or Andre Smith, or Monroe...
      And I'd be willing to bet a motivated Peters > then any tackle coming out this year.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

I go with option B, i think we land a 1st and a 3rd for him at the very least
        I would take best player available LT at 11, Andre SMith or Michael Oher then with the next pick assuming he is still there i would take Brandon Pettigrew

In the 2nd rd i would take Best OLB available i hope for Clint Sintim cause he has pass rush ability and is very good prospect in my opinion

Then with the 2 3rds i would take best DE available and best DT available who ever that will be nobody knows until the draft so i wont speculate

In the 4th i would land best G available with this yrs draft class we could be looking at one of the top C still out there or 3rd or 4th best G still being out there

In the 5th rd i would take best SS available

IN the 6th rd i would go back to Dline

IN the 7th rd i would go back to OLine

We need depth on our Lines and to shore up need positions
        With the same regime and same RW i dont see us paying big money for another DE early they got a ton of money goin to the white boy trio and took Ellis in the 3rd last yr and have Bryan as well
        Trust me i want pass rush but if we trade Peters Oline has to be top priority and Pettigrew brings blocking to the table as well which helps ease the pain

We have struck out and wasted to much money on Oline in FA time we did it the right way thru the draft build the trenchs
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

At this point, we have to make the OL a priority. I would personally prepare for the worst case scenario: we can't reach an agreement on a contract with Peters, and we can't trade him. We have to gain leverage somehow.

I, personally, would draft for need in the 1st (DE, LB, etc.). Then draft an OG and OT in the 2nd and third, and draft another OG late in the draft. Then we'd have Bell, Chambers, and rookie ready to take over if Peters holds out.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DBrown77
            Watching the Bills suck since 1999
            • Mar 2005

Carolina has a weird situation with Peppers that is affecting their draft too. Peppers has not singed his franchise sheet so the Panthers cant trade him.

Panthers have NO cap room at all. ( they had to trade for a cheaper long snapper because they didnt have the cap space to sign their own) Peppers is counting 17 million against their cap

Peppers can sit out all year if not traded and still cost the Panthers 17 million against the cap

We arent the only ones having problems. The panthers do not have a 1st round pick either

Comment

Working...
            X