PDA

View Full Version : Getting familiar with the ‘O’

The Spaz
04-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Two of the newer Bills free agent acquisitions not named Terrell Owens have been busy the past couple of weeks digesting Buffalo’s offensive playbook. Backup quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and center Geoff Hangartner are both eager to get a handle on how things will work in the Bills’ attack.

“There’s some new stuff they’re putting in,” said Fitzpatrick in reference to the offensive staff. “Looking at some of the old stuff last year already, we’ve begun looking at a lot of the new stuff they’re putting in. We’re still going to go in and look at some film and just identify defenses and get the terminology straightened out so we’re on the same page.”

Dropped into a new offensive scheme, Fitzpatrick and Hangartner have already begun the arduous task of translating the terminology from their old schemes in Cincinnati and Carolina to their new scheme here in Buffalo.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/getting-familiar-with-the-o/546407aa-ad13-49ae-88e2-c3a463d575e6

psubills62
04-14-2009, 07:23 PM
I remember someone on these boards saying at some point that Fitzpatrick was signed mainly to help Edwards in the film room, as Fitzpatrick is a very smart guy.

Something that I just realized is that Fitzpatrick played with Cincinnati - who plays 4 games per year against two of the best 3-4 defenses in the league in Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I don't think it was a coincidence, considering how we struggled last year against the 3-4. I wonder if Fitzpatrick will help Edwards improve against the 3-4.

jamze132
04-15-2009, 03:46 AM
I remember someone on these boards saying at some point that Fitzpatrick was signed mainly to help Edwards in the film room, as Fitzpatrick is a very smart guy.

Something that I just realized is that Fitzpatrick played with Cincinnati - who plays 4 games per year against two of the best 3-4 defenses in the league in Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I don't think it was a coincidence, considering how we struggled last year against the 3-4. I wonder if Fitzpatrick will help Edwards improve against the 3-4.
That's an interesting angle. You could be right...

Night Train
04-15-2009, 04:59 AM
Enough of these false positives and back to :deadhorse