Week 11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00PM (ET) W
Week 12 Sun, Nov 29 Miami Dolphins 1:00PM (ET) L
Week 13 Thu, Dec 03 New York Jets (Toronto) 8:20PM (ET) L
Week 14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Kansas City Chiefs 1:00PM (ET) W
Week 15 Sun, Dec 20 New England Patriots 1:00PM (ET) L
Week 16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Atlanta Falcons 1:00PM (ET) L
Week 17 Sun, Jan 03 Indianapolis Colts 1:00PM (ET) W

5-11, 0-6 in the AFCE.

I'm predicting an "upset" over the Colts because it's outdoors and the Colts will probably be resting their starters.

The Jets game in Toronto is my guaranteed loss of the season. Night game against a division opponent in Toronto on national TV- no chance.

Nighthawk
04-14-2009, 06:20 PM
OP, they won't lose to the Bucs...the Bucs will suck next year.

Syderick
04-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Well now we have chance to beat the Colts. Unless they're backups are like the 2004 Steelers.

T-Long
04-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Week 1 Mon, Sep 14 @ New England Patriots 7:00PM (ET) L
Week 2 Sun, Sep 20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4:05PM (ET) W
Week 3 Sun, Sep 27 New Orleans Saints 4:05PM (ET) W
Week 4 Sun, Oct 04 @ Miami Dolphins 4:05PM (ET) W
Week 5 Sun, Oct 11 Cleveland Browns 1:00PM (ET) W
Week 6 Sun, Oct 18 @ New York Jets 4:15PM (ET) W
Week 7 Sun, Oct 25 @ Carolina Panthers 4:05PM (ET) L
Week 8 Sun, Nov 01 Houston Texans 1:00PM (ET) W
Week 9 Sun, Nov 08 BYE
Week 10 Sun, Nov 15 @ Tennessee Titans 1:00PM (ET) L
Week 12 Sun, Nov 29 Miami Dolphins 1:00PM (ET) W
Week 13 Thu, Dec 03 New York Jets (Toronto) 8:20PM (ET) W

11-5 BABY

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 06:23 PM
OP, they won't lose to the Bucs...the Bucs will suck next year.

we're going to suck worse. We have a disgruntled Peters and a question mark protecting Edwards' blind side. It's as simple as that.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Week 9 Sun, Nov 08 BYE

11-5 BABY

So, on paper we're WORSE than last year and the Dolphins are roughly equal. They swept us last year and you're predicting that we sweep them this year?

The Jets D got MUCH better on paper and they beat us twice too.

What logic are you using to make these predictions, other than "I hate those teams so we'll win?"

T-Long
04-14-2009, 06:28 PM
So, on paper we're WORSE than last year and the Dolphins are roughly equal. They swept us last year and you're predicting that we sweep them this year?

The Jets D got MUCH better on paper and they beat us twice too.

What logic are you using to make these predictions, other than "I hate those teams so we'll win?"

How can you say we are worse on paper before the draft? Last time I checked, we swept them a couple years in a row recently.

Right, the Jets defense did get better. Can you name their QB? We are in better shape than the NYJ.

Don't insult my intelligence with your "I hate those teams so we'll win." I know a helluva lot more about football than you do.

Nighthawk
04-14-2009, 06:29 PM
we're going to suck worse. We have a disgruntled Peters and a question mark protecting Edwards' blind side. It's as simple as that.

I don't agree that we will be worse then the Bucs...they gutted their team and have no QB. I don't think the Bills will be that good, but come on, the Bucs are not good.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 06:33 PM
How can you say we are worse on paper before the draft? Last time I checked, we swept them a couple years in a row recently.

Right, the Jets defense did get better. Can you name their QB? We are in better shape than the NYJ.

Don't insult my intelligence with your "I hate those teams so we'll win." I know a helluva lot more about football than you do.

We are NOT in better shape than the Jets. Shall I break it down for you?

D-the only move we made was losing Greer and gaining Drayton. This is a downgrade- not a huge one, but a downgrade. So the D is slightly worse.

On O-
QB- push, we only swapped mediocre backups
RB- no moves made, slight downgrade with Lynch suspension.
WR- upgrade with TO
FB- push
TE-push
RT- push
RG-push
C- This is a question mark, I'll call it push
LG- downgrade- Dock sucked but we have yet to replace him
LT- Push
OL Depth- none. We don't even have bodies, let alone quality.

So, we got better at ONE position, and we have big question marks protecting our young QB's blind side. How exactly did we get better?

And saying we swept them recently is ridiculous. Both our team and their team have changed tremendously since that happened.

BAM
04-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Gotta love predictions in April.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 06:36 PM

Really? Yet you're predicting a team that went 7-9 last year, has no LG, has an inexperienced QB, has crappy DE's, has crappy LB's and only added a WR and a backup QB will jump to 11-5?

There are two possible conclusions from that. The first is that you don't actually know more about football than me. The second is that you're a homer wearing red-and-blue colored glasses and even if you know more than me, it's irrelevant because you have no objectivity.

realdealryan
04-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Week 1 Mon, Sep 14 @ New England Patriots 7:00PM (ET) W our only chance to win
Week 9 Sun, Nov 08 BYE
Week 16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Atlanta Falcons 1:00PM (ET) W
Week 17 Sun, Jan 03 Indianapolis Colts 1:00PM (ET) L

12-4. Division is locked up, so we tank the Colts game. We then host them again in the playoffs. Then the unicorns fly down and pay off my mortgage and I also lose 20 pounds.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Gotta love predictions in April.

1. There's nothing else to talk about
2. What are we going to do to make this team better at this point?

I know, someone will say "there's still the draft!" but a) our opponents get to draft too, b) our team sucks at drafting and c) draft picks usually take time to develop and usually don't make an immediate impact.

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2009, 06:39 PM
I doubt they go 0-6 in the East. The Jets will be terrible this year and they have only gone winless two seasons.

BAM
04-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Love it.

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Op has not had a day where he does nothing but ***** all day long in quite awhile.

He has been way overdue.

BAM
04-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Was gonna answer #1 with "You'll think of something I'm sure." heh

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 06:42 PM
I doubt they go 0-6 in the East. The Jets will be terrible this year and they have only gone winless two seasons.

Jets D is great. They do lack a QB, which will hurt, but our O is terrible and our D is mediocre.

All three teams in the AFCE were better than us last year. Look at my breakdown above- what did we do to close the gap? The Jets revamped their D and only lost a 40 year old QB.

bigbub2352
i am just hoping for an 0-4 start so we can fire Skeletor and his whole staff, then at the end of the offseason it is whole front office restructure

Hey a guy can dream cant he...

cocamide
Since this is a thread about who can hate on the Bills more than anyone else, I say that we'll go 0-15. We'll get kicked out of the league before the final game.

T-Long

D-the only move we made was losing Greer and gaining Drayton. This is a downgrade- not a huge one, but a downgrade. So the D is slightly worse.

On O-
WR- upgrade with TO
FB- push
TE-push
RT- push
RG-push
LT- Push

So, we got better at ONE position, and we have big question marks protecting our young QB's blind side. How exactly did we get better?

And saying we swept them recently is ridiculous. Both our team and their team have changed tremendously since that happened.

THE JETS DO NOT HAVE A QUARTERBACK!! Last time I checked, that is the most important.

Why don't we have someone for Edwards blindside? Last I checked, Peters is still under contract and is still on this team.

So you're saying that since they swept us last year, that we couldn't sweep them this year? Why the hell not? If I put our roster up against Miami, I will take ours any day of the week.

BAM
04-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Why the hell not?

For the answer to this question, please visit my signature.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 06:45 PM
THE JETS DO NOT HAVE A QUARTERBACK!! Last time I checked, that is the most important.

Why don't we have someone for Edwards blindside? Last I checked, Peters is still under contract and is still on this team.

So you're saying that since they swept us last year, that we couldn't sweep them this year? Why the hell not? If I put our roster up against Miami, I will take ours any day of the week.
LG is still on the LEFT- ie, Edwards' BLINDSIDE. WE DO NOT HAVE A LG>

I'm saying that they swept us last year, which means last year they were better than us. So, in order for us to beat them this year, we have to get BETTER? How exactly did we get better? We added TO, but we have no LG, no OLB, no DE's, an inexperienced QB, no TE, the same crappy coaches.... How exactly did we close the gap between us and them?

And I'm not worried about our D vs the Jets O- I'm worried about their D vs our O. It's gonna be brutal.

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2009, 06:47 PM
i am just hoping for an 0-4 start so we can fire Skeletor and his whole staff, then at the end of the offseason it is whole front office restructure

Hey a guy can dream cant he...

Really?

I would prefer a 4-0 start and for this team to win.

Hope for losses all you want. But it is idiotic to do so.

T-Long
04-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Really? Yet you're predicting a team that went 7-9 last year, has no LG, has an inexperienced QB, has crappy DE's, has crappy LB's and only added a WR and a backup QB will jump to 11-5?

There are two possible conclusions from that. The first is that you don't actually know more about football than me. The second is that you're a homer wearing red-and-blue colored glasses and even if you know more than me, it's irrelevant because you have no objectivity.

Who said we don't have a LG? The draft has yet to happen and we just got more depth with McKinney and Hangartner can play both G/C.

We have a young QB. He is not inexperienced. This is a make or break year for Trent. There is no reason to doubt him going into this season. If we don't make the playoffs this year, everybody is going to get canned and the new regime will start over with their own guy, being Trent or someone else.

Again, our DE's don't suck. They just don't have another Schobel. He was hurt last year. Obviously we need to upgrade the position in the draft, and we will.

Keep hating on everything that they do and everything about the team. We'll remember it when we make the playoffs and you'll be on here posting.."I knew it all along!" Give me a break.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Who said we don't have a LG? The draft has yet to happen and we just got more depth with McKinney and Hangartner can play both G/C.

We have a young QB. He is not inexperienced. This is a make or break year for Trent. There is no reason to doubt him going into this season. If we don't make the playoffs this year, everybody is going to get canned and the new regime will start over with their own guy, being Trent or someone else.

Again, our DE's don't suck. They just don't have another Schobel. He was hurt last year. Obviously we need to upgrade the position in the draft, and we will.

Keep hating on everything that they do and everything about the team. We'll remember it when we make the playoffs and you'll be on here posting.."I knew it all along!" Give me a break.

Ok this is getting ridiculous. Hangartner CAN'T PLAY C AND LG AT THE SAME TIME. So take your pick, either we don't have a C or we don't have a LG. Hangartner plays LG, we have a rookie C going against the brutal nose tackles in the AFCE. Hangartner plays C, we have a rookie LG protecting Trent's blind side. McKinney is added depth, but we lost 4 guys on the OL. Two can't replace 4.

Edwards has 23 starts. That's inexperienced, period. There is plenty of reason to doubt him- namely, his regression over the course of the season. He didn't get better last year- he actually got worse. And now you expect him to get better this year? Based on what? That's completely illogical.

Our DE's with Schobel suck. He's had two good years in his career and the last one was about 4 years ago when we had Pat Williams and Sam Adams. Our DE's without Schobel are absolutely pathetic.

We won't make the playoffs so this is irrelevant, but if we do I will be here to take my medicine. I've been around this board for a long ass time and you can ask anyone on here- I always take responsibility for what I say. Oh, and over the last three seasons or so, I've been pretty damn accurate with my predictions too. And make no mistake about it- I want this team to WIN and I will be hating on every single ****ing thing they do until they learn how to do it. In fact, why wouldn't a fan hate on the actions, people and players that are keeping his team from winning? It's illogical to defend guys who are causing the losses.

SabreEleven
04-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Week 9 Sun, Nov 08 BYE

11-5 BABY

Dude, Puff, Puff, Give.

life of faith
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
you do know the Bucs and Saints have new coaches right? thats 2 easy wins in week 2 and 3....Not to sound like a homer or anything but i can honestly seeing us go 12-4 possibly 13-3

SabreEleven
04-14-2009, 07:04 PM
you do know the Bucs and Saints have new coaches right? thats 2 easy wins in week 2 and 3....Not to sound like a homer or anything but i can honestly seeing us go 12-4 possibly 13-3

Do you know that Jauron is still the Bills coach?

DMBcrew36
04-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Ok, here we go...

- The Bills went only 7-9 last year, despite having one of the easiest schedules in the league.

- This offseason, outside of signing TO, the team has gotten worse (and our DE's are still a pathetic joke). The draft won't fill anywhere near all of our holes/weaknesses. And knowing the Bills, they'll pick players who are crap or are unable to contribute this year.

- We now have a very tough schedule, and no Lynch in our first 3 (maybe 2) games.

The Bills will go 6-10 .. if they're lucky. I'm inclined to agree with OpIv's breakdown of the schedule. And Indy resting their starters will probably be our only chance at winning. The Bills are as bad in our outdoor winters as any other team in the league - good thing the players don't have to spend too much time out there (yayyy club jauron) /sarcasm.

Mudflap1
04-14-2009, 07:05 PM

Sean Payton got fired?

Syderick
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
I think were due for a fluke Jauron season of 11-5. I wouldn't mind that at all.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 07:14 PM

Dolphins got a new coach last year. They swept us and won the division.

UltimateBillsFan
04-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Week 2 Sun, Sep 20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4:05PM (ET) L
Week 3 Sun, Sep 27 New Orleans Saints 4:05PM (ET) L
Week 4 Sun, Oct 04 @ Miami Dolphins 4:05PM (ET) L
Week 6 Sun, Oct 18 @ New York Jets 4:15PM (ET) L
Week 9 Sun, Nov 08 BYE
Week 12 Sun, Nov 29 Miami Dolphins 1:00PM (ET) L
Week 13 Thu, Dec 03 New York Jets (Toronto) 8:20PM (ET) L

5-11, 0-6 in the AFCE.

I'm predicting an "upset" over the Colts because it's outdoors and the Colts will probably be resting their starters.

The Jets game in Toronto is my guaranteed loss of the season. Night game against a division opponent in Toronto on national TV- no chance.
I agree with your loss in Toronto to the Jets and your win against the Colts. But 5-11? 0-6 in the AFC East? T.O. completely opens up our offense and helps to give Lee some space, and helps to open up the lanes for Fred and Marshawn. Trent will improve dramatically in training camp with T.O as well. We look better then we did last year in April so 5-11 is just ridiculous regardless of our strength of schedule.

psubills62
04-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Why would anyone NOT predict 7-9?

As far as going 0-6 in the division, I seriously doubt it happens. We may not have won the games, but we were competitive and if it wasn't for JP "When Do I Have To Throw It Again?" Losman, we would have been 1-5 in the division. Not exactly great, but it's not 0-6.

I don't understand why people automatically predict 0-6 in the division. Just because it happened last year has no bearing on what will happen this year. Heck, we swept both the Dolphins and Jets in 2007 with a worse roster. Why couldn't we beat them at least once this year?

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I agree with your loss in Toronto to the Jets and your win against the Colts. But 5-11? 0-6 in the AFC East? T.O. completely opens up our offense and helps to give Lee some space, and helps to open up the lanes for Fred and Marshawn. Trent will improve dramatically in training camp with T.O as well. We look better then we did last year in April so 5-11 is just ridiculous regardless of our strength of schedule.

as long as we have no LG and don't know what we have in Hangartner, I really don't see TO making much difference because I don't think Trent will have the chance to get him the ball.

Mike13
04-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I would have preferred that we played you guys at 1 instead of 4:15 but either way I'm going to that game.

BAM
04-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Since this is a thread about who can hate on the Bills more than anyone else, I say that we'll go 0-15. We'll get kicked out of the league before the final game.

This made me laugh aloud.

jdbillsfan
04-14-2009, 07:55 PM
I am somewhere in the middle of T-Long and Op. Jauron counts as 3 losses right there. Our O should be interesting with TO. I don't think losing Dockery will be a huge loss, but it will hurt. Hopefully Hart is an upgrade over Preston and Fowler. Those two are addition by subtraction. Mckinney should help too. Potentially start at G or C.

Schobel back should help. Trent with some added experience and more weapons should be better, but you never know.

I could easily see this team falling apart early with Jauron at the helm, but talent wise I don't think we are really worse than last year. TO is a big addition.

See how the draft goes....

elltrain22
04-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Week 1 Mon, Sep 14 @ New England Patriots 7:00PM (ET) Loss (0-1)
Week 2 Sun, Sep 20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4:05PM (ET) Win (1-1)
Week 3 Sun, Sep 27 New Orleans Saints 4:05PM (ET) Win (2-1)
Week 4 Sun, Oct 04 @ Miami Dolphins 4:05PM (ET) Win (3-1)
Week 5 Sun, Oct 11 Cleveland Browns 1:00PM (ET) Win (4-1)
Week 6 Sun, Oct 18 @ New York Jets 4:15PM (ET) Loss (4-2)
Week 7 Sun, Oct 25 @ Carolina Panthers 4:05PM (ET) Loss (4-3)
Week 8 Sun, Nov 01 Houston Texans 1:00PM (ET) Win (5-3)
Week 9 Sun, Nov 08 BYE
Week 10 Sun, Nov 15 @ Tennessee Titans 1:00PM (ET) Loss (5-4)
Week 11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00PM (ET) Win (6-4)
Week 12 Sun, Nov 29 Miami Dolphins 1:00PM (ET) Win (7-4)
Week 13 Thu, Dec 03 New York Jets (Toronto) 8:20PM (ET) Loss (7-5)
Week 14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Kansas City Chiefs 1:00PM (ET) Win (8-5)
Week 15 Sun, Dec 20 New England Patriots 1:00PM (ET) Win (9-5)
Week 16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Atlanta Falcons 1:00PM (ET) Loss (9-6)
Week 17 Sun, Jan 03 Indianapolis Colts 1:00PM (ET) Win (10-6)

10-6 final record

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Week 1 Mon, Sep 14 @ New England Patriots 7:00PM (ET) Loss (0-1)
Week 2 Sun, Sep 20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4:05PM (ET) Win (1-1)
Week 3 Sun, Sep 27 New Orleans Saints 4:05PM (ET) Win (2-1)
Week 4 Sun, Oct 04 @ Miami Dolphins 4:05PM (ET) Win (3-1)
Week 5 Sun, Oct 11 Cleveland Browns 1:00PM (ET) Win (4-1)
Week 6 Sun, Oct 18 @ New York Jets 4:15PM (ET) Loss (4-2)
Week 7 Sun, Oct 25 @ Carolina Panthers 4:05PM (ET) Loss (4-3)
Week 8 Sun, Nov 01 Houston Texans 1:00PM (ET) Win (5-3)
Week 9 Sun, Nov 08 BYE
Week 10 Sun, Nov 15 @ Tennessee Titans 1:00PM (ET) Loss (5-4)
Week 11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00PM (ET) Win (6-4)
Week 12 Sun, Nov 29 Miami Dolphins 1:00PM (ET) Win (7-4)
Week 13 Thu, Dec 03 New York Jets (Toronto) 8:20PM (ET) Loss (7-5)
Week 14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Kansas City Chiefs 1:00PM (ET) Win (8-5)
Week 15 Sun, Dec 20 New England Patriots 1:00PM (ET) Win (9-5)
Week 16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Atlanta Falcons 1:00PM (ET) Loss (9-6)
Week 17 Sun, Jan 03 Indianapolis Colts 1:00PM (ET) Win (10-6)

10-6 final record

I disagree with most of that but at least you're getting this back on topic.

The Juice Is Loose
04-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah Kellen Clemons and his NY Jets with

Thomas Jones in the same sitation as Peters

Zero wide receivers.

Ooohhh they got Bart Scott. The 3rd best LB on the Ravens. Too bad they don't have the other players that Scott had absorbing attention from him.

The Bucs?

You guys are overly negative. At this point you gotta see things as .500

I don't know if you watched either Jets game last year but we're a better team than they are.

Miami won't sweep us.

Colts on the last week is a gift for us.

If its that bad, then just get off the message board. Its April. Go watch baseball or something.

The Juice Is Loose
04-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I predict Charlie Weis chokes on a whole chicken and Notre Dame goes 2-7

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah Kellen Clemons and his NY Jets with

Thomas Jones in the same sitation as Peters

Zero wide receivers.

Ooohhh they got Bart Scott. The 3rd best LB on the Ravens. Too bad they don't have the other players that Scott had absorbing attention from him.

The Bucs?

You guys are overly negative. At this point you gotta see things as .500

I don't know if you watched either Jets game last year but we're a better team than they are.

Miami won't sweep us.

Colts on the last week is a gift for us.

If its that bad, then just get off the message board. Its April. Go watch baseball or something.

Do you know who the other LB's on the Ravens are? Being the 3rd best LB there is hardly an insult. And they also got Lito Sheppard, plus they already had Kris Jenkins.

You're discounting Leon Washington.

Long story short- their O is slightly worse and their D is a lot better.

Our O is only as good as our OL which is in shambles, and our D is slightly worse. It's a terrible matchup.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I predict Charlie Weis chokes on a whole chicken and Notre Dame goes 2-7

2-7 in a 12 game season? Nice math skills, Rainman.

And Charlie Weis can easily swallow a whole chicken. If you had said "whole goat", I would have believed you.

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2009, 10:14 PM
as long as we have no LG and don't know what we have in Hangartner, I really don't see TO making much difference because I don't think Trent will have the chance to get him the ball.

Because Dockery was so awesome last year?

psubills62
04-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Do you know who the other LB's on the Ravens are? Being the 3rd best LB there is hardly an insult. And they also got Lito Sheppard, plus they already had Kris Jenkins.

You're discounting Leon Washington.

Long story short- their O is slightly worse and their D is a lot better.

Our O is only as good as our OL which is in shambles, and our D is slightly worse. It's a terrible matchup.

Slightly worse? Their offense is a LOT worse. I'm not a huge Favre fan, but the guy is ten times better than Clemens. Not to mention they cut Coles. Who's going to replace him, Chansi Stuckey?

Their defense is slightly better, but I'm curious to see how well Kris Jenkins stays healthy. He barely did it last year, and he's known for getting injured. I'm not impressed by their signing overrated, declining CB's to start for them.

How is our defense slightly worse? McKelvin should be just as good as, if not better than, Greer on the field. If we can stay healthy (Schobel, Youboty, in particular), then we didn't lose anyone of significance. We have all our starters, except Greer, and I'd expect that they'd upgrade Ellison somehow, whether through the draft or by signing a guy after the draft.

Haha this must be that time of the month for you, Op. You've been OK up until this point and suddenly the Bills can do nothing right.

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2009, 10:17 PM
2-7 in a 12 game season? Nice math skills, Rainman.

And Charlie Weis can easily swallow a whole chicken. If you had sald "whole goat", I would have believed you.

I don't know. From what I saw last year, he might choke on the chicken.

Of course, we all know Notre Dame will finish 6-6 despite national publications proclaiming them pre-season top 10.

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2009, 10:17 PM
psu has a great point on losing Coles too. The Jets offense will be in shambles.

SABuffalo786
04-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Making predictions in the NFL is futile. Even the week before a game.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Because Dockery was so awesome last year?

dock sucked. But a ****ty player is better than NO ONE, which is what we currently have.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Slightly worse? Their offense is a LOT worse. I'm not a huge Favre fan, but the guy is ten times better than Clemens. Not to mention they cut Coles. Who's going to replace him, Chansi Stuckey?

Their defense is slightly better, but I'm curious to see how well Kris Jenkins stays healthy. He barely did it last year, and he's known for getting injured. I'm not impressed by their signing overrated, declining CB's to start for them.

How is our defense slightly worse? McKelvin should be just as good as, if not better than, Greer on the field. If we can stay healthy (Schobel, Youboty, in particular), then we didn't lose anyone of significance. We have all our starters, except Greer, and I'd expect that they'd upgrade Ellison somehow, whether through the draft or by signing a guy after the draft.

Haha this must be that time of the month for you, Op. You've been OK up until this point and suddenly the Bills can do nothing right.

You answered your own question- McKelvin is still unproven- and even if you're right, then what difference does Youboty make? And I'm sorry but Schobel sucks. I don't know why people on this board can't see it. He's been in constant decline for 3 years and only played well when he was next to Pat Williams and Sam Adams.

As far as drafting Ellison's replacement, who are we going to draft that will have an immediate impact? Seriously, the D lost one starter and gained a back up DB. It's ridiculous to conclude that we somehow got better with the same guys who haven't gotten the job done for the last 3 years.

Menstruation jokes aside, it's about seeing how it's going to play out. We have a tough schedule this year and we've done next to nothing to improve over last year. Many of those games do not seem winnable. And people will say "a lot can happen between now and the start of the season" but that's not really true. The only thing left is the draft, and our opponents benefit from that as well.

psubills62
04-14-2009, 10:43 PM
You answered your own question- McKelvin is still unproven- and even if you're right, then what difference does Youboty make? And I'm sorry but Schobel sucks. I don't know why people on this board can't see it. He's been in constant decline for 3 years and only played well when he was next to Pat Williams and Sam Adams.

As far as drafting Ellison's replacement, who are we going to draft that will have an immediate impact? Seriously, the D lost one starter and gained a back up DB. It's ridiculous to conclude that we somehow got better with the same guys who haven't gotten the job done for the last 3 years.

Menstruation jokes aside, it's about seeing how it's going to play out. We have a tough schedule this year and we've done next to nothing to improve over last year. Many of those games do not seem winnable. And people will say "a lot can happen between now and the start of the season" but that's not really true. The only thing left is the draft, and our opponents benefit from that as well.

He's unproven, but I think we can agree that Greer wasn't exactly a "shut-down CB." McKelvin has shown every indication that he'll be a very good CB in 2009. Every CB takes a year to put it together, and he did pretty well his first year. McKelvin is as much a backup DB this year as Darelle Revis was in 2008. And I bet in your book, Revis is a Pro-Bowler that makes the Jets an awesome defense.

Just FYI, didn't Schobel have his best two years (2005, 2006) when Pat Williams was gone? And Adams wasn't here for Schobel's big 14-sack year in 2006. Schobel may have dropped off in sacks for 2007, but 6.5 sacks would still be an improvement for this defense.

As far as replacing Ellison, LB's are the easiest to replace. Heck, Bowen could be better than Ellison. If you really want me to start naming OLB's from the draft, here goes: Cushing, Clay Matthews, Clint Sintim, Marcus Freeman, Tyrone McKenzie, etc. Many options.

Out of curiosity, why do you keep saying we have no LG? McKinney isn't an All-Pro, but he has starting experience and wouldn't be a bad option at starter if there was no one else. Just think of it as having an OL that is subject to change after the draft.

OpIv37
04-14-2009, 11:27 PM
He's unproven, but I think we can agree that Greer wasn't exactly a "shut-down CB." McKelvin has shown every indication that he'll be a very good CB in 2009. Every CB takes a year to put it together, and he did pretty well his first year. McKelvin is as much a backup DB this year as Darelle Revis was in 2008. And I bet in your book, Revis is a Pro-Bowler that makes the Jets an awesome defense.

Just FYI, didn't Schobel have his best two years (2005, 2006) when Pat Williams was gone? And Adams wasn't here for Schobel's big 14-sack year in 2006. Schobel may have dropped off in sacks for 2007, but 6.5 sacks would still be an improvement for this defense.

As far as replacing Ellison, LB's are the easiest to replace. Heck, Bowen could be better than Ellison. If you really want me to start naming OLB's from the draft, here goes: Cushing, Clay Matthews, Clint Sintim, Marcus Freeman, Tyrone McKenzie, etc. Many options.

Out of curiosity, why do you keep saying we have no LG? McKinney isn't an All-Pro, but he has starting experience and wouldn't be a bad option at starter if there was no one else. Just think of it as having an OL that is subject to change after the draft.

As of right now, Greer is better than McKelvin. Does McKelvin have the potential to be better than Greer? Yes, but if there's one thing we should have learned the last 3 seasons, it's not to rely on potential.

I stand corrected on Schobel, his two best years were after Pat Williams left. Still, he's declining and even in 05 and 06 I thought he was overrated. He'll pad stats with garbage time sacks then disappear for a month at a time.

If McKinney's the starter, where's the depth? We're one injury away from disaster.

On LB- I'd love to see Bowen unseat Ellison but we just haven't seen anything from him due to the injury. And last year was Poz's 2nd season and he still struggled (granted, he only had a few games before the injury in his first season, but still- I worry about a drafted LB making an immediate impact). In addition, I'm not even convinced this FO is going to go LB early. We'll have to see.

Mike
04-15-2009, 01:46 AM
Here is the Prediction:
Week 1 Mon, Sep 14 @ New England Patriots 7:00PM (ET) Loss
Week 2 Sun, Sep 20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4:05PM (ET) Win
Week 3 Sun, Sep 27 New Orleans Saints 4:05PM (ET) Loss
Week 4 Sun, Oct 04 @ Miami Dolphins 4:05PM (ET) Loss
Week 5 Sun, Oct 11 Cleveland Browns 1:00PM (ET) Win
Week 6 Sun, Oct 18 @ New York Jets 4:15PM (ET) Loss
Week 7 Sun, Oct 25 @ Carolina Panthers 4:05PM (ET) Loss
Week 8 Sun, Nov 01 Houston Texans 1:00PM (ET) Loss
Week 9 Sun, Nov 08 BYE
Week 10 Sun, Nov 15 @ Tennessee Titans 1:00PM (ET) Loss
Week 11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00PM (ET) Loss
Week 12 Sun, Nov 29 Miami Dolphins 1:00PM (ET) Win
Week 13 Thu, Dec 03 New York Jets (Toronto) 8:20PM (ET) Win
Week 14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Kansas City Chiefs 1:00PM (ET) Win
Week 15 Sun, Dec 20 New England Patriots 1:00PM (ET) Loss
Week 16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Atlanta Falcons 1:00PM (ET) Loss
Week 17 Sun, Jan 03 Indianapolis Colts 1:00PM (ET) Loss

Prediction: 5-11
Huston will be much improved as will the Chiefs. I can see us loosing both games! The whole season comes down to one key element: the play of Edwards. If Edwards plays as well as he did during our 4-0 start last season, most of our games will be winable -excluding Pats, Panthers, & Titans. If he gets injured again or plays like he did the second half of the season, then we will probably be looking at an 5-11, maybe 6-10 season, followed by an off season of rebuilding. This teams has mediocure talent, and in no way will it contend for a championship, that being said, the number one priority of the the team should be getting to that level - the problem is that the Bills have not even given it the old try-. Wilson reminds me of someone who has thrown in the towell and given up, Now is just about making it until he passes on. There is no longer a drive to win it all!

jamze132
04-15-2009, 03:30 AM
Week 1 @ New England Patriots L
Week 2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers L
Week 3 New Orleans Saints L
Week 4 @ Miami Dolphins L
Week 5 Cleveland Browns W
Week 6 @ New York Jets L
Week 7 @ Carolina Panthers W
Week 8 Houston Texans W
Week 9 BYE
Week 10 @ Tennessee Titans L
Week 11 @ Jacksonville Jaguars W
Week 12 Miami Dolphins W
Week 13 New York Jets (Toronto) W
Week 14 @ Kansas City Chiefs W
Week 15 New England Patriots L
Week 16 @ Atlanta Falcons L
Week 17 Indianapolis Colts L

Yes folks, another 7-9 season and Dickface finally loses his job. BTW, this prediction is extremely generous! :air:

psubills62
04-15-2009, 08:15 AM
As of right now, Greer is better than McKelvin. Does McKelvin have the potential to be better than Greer? Yes, but if there's one thing we should have learned the last 3 seasons, it's not to rely on potential.

I stand corrected on Schobel, his two best years were after Pat Williams left. Still, he's declining and even in 05 and 06 I thought he was overrated. He'll pad stats with garbage time sacks then disappear for a month at a time.

If McKinney's the starter, where's the depth? We're one injury away from disaster.

On LB- I'd love to see Bowen unseat Ellison but we just haven't seen anything from him due to the injury. And last year was Poz's 2nd season and he still struggled (granted, he only had a few games before the injury in his first season, but still- I worry about a drafted LB making an immediate impact). In addition, I'm not even convinced this FO is going to go LB early. We'll have to see.

While McKelvin may not be as good as Greer yet, he is close. And he showed marked improvement last year throughout the season. If anything, this team is good at developing corners (even if they don't want to pay them 3-4 years later), and I have little doubt that McKelvin will be as good as Greer this year, at the very least.

Schobel does disappear at times, and he does get soem garbage sacks. But at least he can still get sacks and knock down some passes (5 passes defensed in 2007).

Hm, I guess you don't consider Chambers and/or Bell legitimate OG depth? Even if you don't, we can at least get depth or a starter at OG through the draft.

I don't know if they'll go LB early either. I have a feeling they'll be drafting an OT in the first three rounds to maintain leverage over Peters. I also think they want a TE early, and a DE. They may be encouraged by the fact that Freddy Keiaho is still available, and avoid LB until after the draft, when they sign him (or something like that).

I'm just saying I don't think this defense is in a worse position than last year. I personally believe that Bob Sanders (the new DL coach) could help Chris Ellis, and possibly Copeland Bryan. Sanders has really helped his DE's wherever he's gone.

But like you said, we'll see.

THATHURMANATOR
04-15-2009, 08:38 AM
We are going to be 10-6.

TedMock
04-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Week 3 Sun, Sep 27 New Orleans Saints 4:05PM (ET) L
Week 4 Sun, Oct 04 @ Miami Dolphins 4:05PM (ET) L
Week 6 Sun, Oct 18 @ New York Jets 4:15PM (ET) L
Week 9 Sun, Nov 08 BYE

8-8

OpIv37
04-15-2009, 08:52 AM
While McKelvin may not be as good as Greer yet, he is close. And he showed marked improvement last year throughout the season. If anything, this team is good at developing corners (even if they don't want to pay them 3-4 years later), and I have little doubt that McKelvin will be as good as Greer this year, at the very least.

Schobel does disappear at times, and he does get soem garbage sacks. But at least he can still get sacks and knock down some passes (5 passes defensed in 2007).

Hm, I guess you don't consider Chambers and/or Bell legitimate OG depth? Even if you don't, we can at least get depth or a starter at OG through the draft.

I don't know if they'll go LB early either. I have a feeling they'll be drafting an OT in the first three rounds to maintain leverage over Peters. I also think they want a TE early, and a DE. They may be encouraged by the fact that Freddy Keiaho is still available, and avoid LB until after the draft, when they sign him (or something like that).

I'm just saying I don't think this defense is in a worse position than last year. I personally believe that Bob Sanders (the new DL coach) could help Chris Ellis, and possibly Copeland Bryan. Sanders has really helped his DE's wherever he's gone.

But like you said, we'll see.

I consider Chambers decent T depth. I don't think he can play G (at least not according to Chris Brown). I'm not sold on Bell.

I haven't given up on Ellis yet, but early results are not encouraging. Copeland Bryan is just a body to be used in case of emergency. If we draft a DE he won't even make it through camp.

jamze132
04-16-2009, 12:12 PM
We are going to be 10-6.
Yeah, when Mitchell55/59 gets Madden 10'...

DRELOVESBills
04-17-2009, 10:23 AM

On O-
WR- upgrade with TO
FB- push
TE-push
RT- push
RG-push
LT- Push

you can't really say we are a worse or better team yet because have not started the draft!! and june cuts have not happened either! You never know we might still pick a few free agents! don't forget rhodes & foster visited along with keiaho!! wait until the offseason is over to make these judgements!! btw hangartner is an upgrade over duke preston and fowler!!!

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 10:37 AM
you can't really say we are a worse or better team yet because have not started the draft!! and june cuts have not happened either! You never know we might still pick a few free agents! don't forget rhodes & foster visited along with keiaho!! wait until the offseason is over to make these judgements!! btw hangartner is an upgrade over duke preston and fowler!!!

Hangartner wasn't a named starter in Carolina, and if I remember correctly, Fowler was in a similar position when we brought him in. There's a chance he's better than Fowler and Preston but he still has to prove it.

The draft? Unfortunately, this FO sucks at drafting, and even when they get it right, it takes most draft picks a year or two to develop, so we can't count on them for immediate assistance. In addition, our opponents get to draft too. Considering we're already behind the rest of our division in terms of talent, I don't see how we're going to close that gap when they're adding to their talent as well.

As far as the rest of the off-season, there simply aren't many impact players left. If we were going to sign Kieaho, why haven't we done it yet? Rhodes or Foster would be just a stop-gap due to the Lynch suspension and Jackson *****ing about his contract. And June 1 cuts- all that gives us is another team's junk. The Bills have tried to recycle players who were released/not resigned by their previous teams and we always get screwed for it- Bennie Anderson, Larry Tripplett, Melvin Fowler, Anthony Hargrove, Robert Royal, Matt Bowen, need I continue?

You are right in the sense that the roster will probably be different between now and when the season starts. But the starters won't be that much different and the chances of finding impact players this late in the off season are slim to none.

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2009, 10:38 AM

cmon OP. Had an itch to stir the pot? How are we this much worse on paper? Peters situation is unknown. Hes on the roster, so you cant chalk that up as a loss until hes not there week 1. We lost Crowell, big deal we didnt have him last year. We lost Preston, and Fowler, thats a huge upgrade in my book. We lost Dockery, sure we have a hole there, but its not something that can be filled easily. We lost Greer. IMO he was overraated and other players will be able to step in. We just added one of the biggest play makers in NFL history. You can make all the arguements about the players that are unexperienced and blah blah blah. Well guess what hapens eventually. THEY BECOME EXPERIENCED! weird concept I know, but yes, eventually players become better. Look dude, we can go back and forth on this all day, and dont act like you didnt start this thread to not get reactions out of people so you could do your whining thing. Bottom line is doing a prediction thread in April is stupid as hell or done only for the purpose to start arguements.

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 11:05 AM
cmon OP. Had an itch to stir the pot? How are we this much worse on paper? Peters situation is unknown. Hes on the roster, so you cant chalk that up as a loss until hes not there week 1. We lost Crowell, big deal we didnt have him last year. We lost Preston, and Fowler, thats a huge upgrade in my book. We lost Dockery, sure we have a hole there, but its not something that can be filled easily. We lost Greer. IMO he was overraated and other players will be able to step in. We just added one of the biggest play makers in NFL history. You can make all the arguements about the players that are unexperienced and blah blah blah. Well guess what hapens eventually. THEY BECOME EXPERIENCED! weird concept I know, but yes, eventually players become better. Look dude, we can go back and forth on this all day, and dont act like you didnt start this thread to not get reactions out of people so you could do your whining thing. Bottom line is doing a prediction thread in April is stupid as hell or done only for the purpose to start arguements.

I did a prediction thread when the full schedule was finally released. If you want to think that I did it solely to start trouble, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to get into a debate about that.

As far as worse on paper:

On O-
WR- upgrade with TO
FB- push
TE-push
RT- push
RG-push
LT- Push

Please note that I did that assuming Peters is still on the team, because as of right now, he is. Hangartner was not a named starter so I'm not convinced that he's a huge upgrade. He may be one, but until we see it we can't count on that. And we still have no depth.

I think you're underrating Greer, but it's really not that big a deal because CB is one of our better positions. That's why I put it as only a slight downgrade. But our D really needed to be upgraded and it wasn't. We added a backup CB- that's it. No OLB, no DE.

As far as TO- yes, he's a playmaker. But it doesn't matter if we can't protect Trent. We currently have no LG and and a question mark at C, and no depth. And again, I'm counting on having Peters.

As far as players gaining experience- you guys tried to sell me on that the last two seasons. What happened? 7-9 and 7-9. This team goes into every season hoping to get better solely by young players improving, and it doesn't happen because a) This FO doesn't know how to find talent in the draft and b) this coaching staff doesn't know how to develop and use the talent that we do have.

Yes, it is early, and when the season gets closer I will revise my predictions based on the new information, and I'll put out a final prediction after the 2nd to last preseason game.

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2009, 11:22 AM
dude, the first post someone did with a winning and good record you jumped down their throat and challenged them and started doing breakdowns...example the one you so nicely posted here. Just like you have the right to think we're gonna suck, people have their right and opinion to think we may improve. You dont have to challenge them to a comparison chart to prove whos correct. You did this to start trouble lets be real. Its been a while since you got to ***** about the Oline...so why not right?

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2009, 11:25 AM
And god OP, I like many here, respect your football IQ. Its just the redundancy of thoughts and constant negative tone that gets to people. This was a schedule prediction thread and immediately turned into the same old we have no Oline crap

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 11:27 AM
dude, the first post someone did with a winning and good record you jumped down their throat and challenged them and started doing breakdowns...example the one you so nicely posted here. Just like you have the right to think we're gonna suck, people have their right and opinion to think we may improve. You dont have to challenge them to a comparison chart to prove whos correct. You did this to start trouble lets be real. Its been a while since you got to ***** about the Oline...so why not right?
that's the key difference. I posted a breakdown and gave a reason of why we think we'll suck. The people who posted winning records did no such thing. I backed up my opinions with reasoning- they didn't. Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but not every opinion is equal. An opinion with reasoning behind it is better than one without any reasoning.

And I'm not going to get into a debate about my intentions in starting this thread.

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 11:29 AM
And god OP, I like many here, respect your football IQ. Its just the redundancy of thoughts and constant negative tone that gets to people. This was a schedule prediction thread and immediately turned into the same old we have no Oline crap

well, in my mind the two are related- the reason I took such a pessimistic view regarding the schedule is mainly due to the lack of an OL.

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2009, 11:37 AM
that's the key difference. I posted a breakdown and gave a reason of why we think we'll suck. The people who posted winning records did no such thing. I backed up my opinions with reasoning- they didn't. Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but not every opinion is equal. An opinion with reasoning behind it is better than one without any reasoning.

And I'm not going to get into a debate about my intentions in starting this thread.

it didnt say prediction and analysis thread

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2009, 11:41 AM
and all you did in your original post was predictions with no thoughts to back it up besides for two games, so dont use that arguement

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2009, 11:42 AM
you didnt start putting reasoning til after a duel of thoughts was started

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 11:47 AM
you didnt start putting reasoning til after a duel of thoughts was started

Very true.

If someone came in and agreed with me, then there would be nothing to discuss. But I picked 5-11 and someone came behind me and picked 11-5. At that point, there is a reason for discussion. The 11-5 pick made no sense to me, so I stated why. I really don't see what the problem is. That's how a message board is supposed to work.