PDA

View Full Version : Canada takes another Division game

BillsWin
04-14-2009, 09:11 PM
WTF mate?

Nothing against Canada, but I felt last season's game in Toronto was a flop. Correct me if I am wrong, but there were alot of empty seats and the crowd noise was abysmal. If the Bills are in playoff contention any home field advantage is needed, especially in division.

fooey.

ServoBillieves
04-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Absolute, and pardon my *'s, but absolute bull****. Honestly? Put the Browns or Colts game up there. Don't put a division game for a bunch of ****ing Canadian's who are trying to defend their own CFL and don't have the passion and advantage that Buffalo fans have. Great, give the Jet's a dome rather than put them in our snow and screaming fans.

Absolute, total bull****.

superbills
04-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Honestly, I don't think the weather has really factored in our favor over the past few years so I'm not worried about that. It's the fact that you're taking away a game with potential playoff implications and in prime time away from the local fans. Regardless of the weather the atmosphere will certainly not be the same as a game in the Ralph. Screw Toronto, screw Goodell and screw the Bills Brass for letting this happen.

DrGraves
04-14-2009, 10:11 PM
This is dumb. The crowd was louder for miami than the bills last year. Why can't they put a game that we are definitely going to lose anyways up there?

CuseJetsFan83
04-14-2009, 10:45 PM
oi, this is gonna be messy, plus i was kinda planning on making the trek to buffalo this year...... i dunno buot toronto though

jamze132
04-15-2009, 03:43 AM
I bet next years game is NE in Toronto.

Historian
04-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Who cares?

This team will be lucky to finish 8-8 and out of jail in the first place.

Ingtar33
04-15-2009, 05:33 AM
8-8... you're being pretty positive.

Our o-line looks slightly worse then last years... we're missing marshawn for the first 3 games... our pass rush hasn't improved... and our schedule is much harder then it was last year.

Looking at that schedule, I'd say it's a 5-11 record we're staring at.

BAM
04-15-2009, 06:15 AM
At least it'll be on TV for sure this time.

jamze132
04-15-2009, 06:21 AM
I'm going for another 7-9 season.

Jan Reimers
04-15-2009, 07:12 AM
When you make a deal with the devil, don't you expect to end up in Hell?

Patti120
04-15-2009, 07:16 AM
7-9 has become quite comforting plus maybe this will work in our favor as we generally practice in doors at Camp Jauron.

Feels good to be a Bills fan doesn't it.

Canadian'eh!
04-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Absolute, and pardon my *'s, but absolute bull****. Honestly? Put the Browns or Colts game up there. Don't put a division game for a bunch of ****ing Canadian's who are trying to defend their own CFL and don't have the passion and advantage that Buffalo fans have. Great, give the Jet's a dome rather than put them in our snow and screaming fans.

Absolute, total bull****.

Indy was the game that should have gone. Manning would sell tickets.

dumb call.

Jan Reimers
04-15-2009, 07:42 AM
Since the Toronto folks are paying the Bills about twice what they make on a home game in Buffalo, I imagine they have a huge say in which game ends up at the Rodgers Centre.

ddaryl
04-15-2009, 07:43 AM
WTF mate?

Nothing against Canada, but I felt last season's game in Toronto was a flop. Correct me if I am wrong, but there were alot of empty seats and the crowd noise was abysmal. If the Bills are in playoff contention any home field advantage is needed, especially in division.

fooey.

If the NBills start winning and start playing exciting football the fans in Toronto will start getting on the band wagon. But the abysmal crowd and empty seats was a direct coorelation with the fact that the Bills were collapsing faster then the American economy

Michael82
04-15-2009, 07:57 AM
**** Toronto! Why the hell do they have to keep taking our divisional games? Give them the Saints or Bucs. Those don't matter. :mad:

madness
04-15-2009, 09:25 AM
We shouldn't be losing another division game to Toronto. I think this is the NFL's way of sticking it to the Bills for putting them through this crap.

Jan Reimers
04-15-2009, 09:29 AM
We shouldn't be losing another division game to Toronto. I think this is the NFL's way of sticking it to the Bills for putting them through this crap.
I think it's Ralph's way of sticking it to us, because we haven't made him rich enough through the years.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-15-2009, 09:31 AM
I can only assume that they are trying to get two of the biggest cities involved in the game. You get Toronto and NYC, put it on a prime time game, hopefully you can sell it out. I can only think that is the reason.

madness
04-15-2009, 09:44 AM
I think it's Ralph's way of sticking it to us, because we haven't made him rich enough through the years.

It's both. Ralph sticking it to us by moving the game to Toronto and the NFL sticking it to us by making it a division game.

Nobody likes more paperwork.

PromoTheRobot
04-15-2009, 11:42 AM
WTF mate?

fooey.
People hate any games in T.O. It doesn't matter which one. The whining is getting tiresome.

PTR

Block "O"
04-15-2009, 12:13 PM
As a season ticket holder this is like a knife in the back. The Jets game is the one I look forward to most. I love hearing the raucous chants of J.E.T.S SUCK SUCK SUCK fill up the corridors of Ralph Wilson Stadium as the few lingering Jets fans put their heads down and quietly wander on to their seat. This was really a big time let down when I saw this schedule come out yesterday. Unlike last year I will be using my Toronto ticket as I have to be there and see if it's as pathetic as it looked and sounded on TV. I never saw so much honesty from the players as they said "it sure didn't feel like a home game", I hope that trend continues.

justasportsfan
04-15-2009, 12:19 PM
**** Toronto! Why the hell do they have to keep taking our divisional games?
Stop blaming toronto or canadians .It's not their fault the bills got desperate. Blame Ralphy for putting a crappy product on the field. If he put a winning team on the field then we wouldn't be so desperate to bring the games elsewhere because he's poor.