PDA

View Full Version : Patmoran

DesertFox24
04-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Hey man you were pretty on the spot during FA, I was wondering if you have any updated information on Peters.

I saw a very unreliable article that says we offered Peters a new contract last night which makes him the highest paid tackle in the game.

I am just wondering if you have heard anything on this front.

Like you I agree it would suck to get ride of him just waste an early draft pick on a OT when it is currently one of our stronger positions.

DesertFox24
04-15-2009, 07:24 AM
However I think 11 million is way to much for someone that does not touch the ball every offensive down.

ddaryl
04-15-2009, 07:29 AM
I saw a very unreliable article that says we offered Peters a new contract last night which makes him the highest paid tackle in the game.

I am just wondering if you have heard anything on this front.

If this was the case we will hear the news he signed today

http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp

Our Bills Team Correspondent Dean Kindig (aka Astrobot) updates on the Jason Peters situation. He previously was taking the tack that Peters was likely to be traded, but now comes the news that the Bills Left Tackle was offered a contract which would make him the highest paid in the league at that position - roughly on par with Carolina's Jordan Gross. Dean now thinks a deal will get done, and has lowered the priority on OT for Buffalo. As a result, our Consensus Mock Draft has the Bills steering away from Michael Oher and again looking in the direction of USC LB Brian Cushing.

Dr. Who
04-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Yeah, Parker will tell Jason, `This is where you put the X. No, Jason, that's a plus. Like this . . . '

DesertFox24
04-15-2009, 09:03 AM
If this was the case we will hear the news he signed today

http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp

Yeah that was the site, wondering if this has any teeth to it.

patmoran2006
04-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Haven’t been doing much work (football) lately. I’ve been doing some golf stuff for someone. I honestly don’t know. It’s a strong feeling of mine (unfortunately) that Peters will soon be traded.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I think a lot of people on here have had good points about Peters. And I’ve talked to a few people and read about many other media opinions and they vary on Peters trade value.<o:p></o:p>
I don’t think (opinion) that the Bills will get proper trade value for a Pro Bowl LT, and if it were up to me, I’d let him rot and fine him through his upcoming holdouts again.<o:p></o:p>
The Bills I think CAN’T give him exactly what he wants, going by his antics. If the Bills allow Peters to “win” it sets up similar situations in the future.<o:p></o:p>
I can’t stand Ralphie still; but he has shown that guys that deserve (or don’t) raises and go about them the right way get them.<o:p></o:p>
I’d offer him around $9 million per, and he can take it or go to hell.<o:p></o:p>
But to answer your question directly, your guess right now is as good as mine.. I don’t even think the organization knows yet what they’re going to do.<o:p></o:p>
But if this isn’t resolved by April 25, whether he’s a Bill or not, if Michael Oher is on the board, I think he’s a Buffalo Bill.<o:p></o:p>

homeslice5484
04-15-2009, 09:33 AM
id draft oher regardless at 11 if he is there....let peters rot and his career is over.

jimbohastle51
04-15-2009, 10:55 AM
i think peters is going to sign for around 10.5 million a year

homeslice5484
04-15-2009, 11:35 AM
then next year he will want more, and more and more.

thenry20
04-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Yeah, Parker will tell Jason, `This is where you put the X. No, Jason, that's a plus. Like this . . . '

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kernowboy
04-16-2009, 10:31 AM
I think at R2 in 2009 and 2010 from the Lions would be acceptable value

venis2k1
04-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Andre Smith will be a much better tackle in this league than Peters ever was.