• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

**(Rumor)** Peters has Highest paid LT contract on the table

Our Bills Team Correspondent Dean Kindig (aka Astrobot) updates on the Jason Peters situation. He previously was taking the tack that Peters was likely to be traded, but now comes the news that the Bills Left Tackle was offered a contract which would make him the highest paid in the league at that position - roughly on par with Carolina's Jordan Gross. Dean now thinks a deal will get done, and has lowered the priority on OT for Buffalo. As a result, our Consensus Mock Draft has the Bills steering away from Michael Oher and again looking in the direction of USC LB Brian Cushing.

I guess will find out today if this has any truth. Not getting my hopes up...

• Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Re: **(Rumor)** Peters has Highest paid LT contract on the table

Astrobot has all the best scoops. I think that is Ralph's net name.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

It's only "roughly on par with. . . Jordan Gross?" No way the great Peters settles for that.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
        Astrobot has all the best scoops. I think that is Ralph's net name.
        I remember Astrobot from 2billsdrive, btu I can't remember how reliable he was.

I gave up on 2 billsdrive as a main forum for Bills talk a few years back. Stil post there but not much

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

This is a case where I hope they stay cheap ... I don't want them to cave to outrageous demands
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ddaryl
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            It's only "roughly on par with. . . Jordan Gross?" No way the great Peters settles for that.
            I guess that is contradictive of what I gave as a title.

Wouldn't Jrodan Gross's contract be around the 9.75 mil per year we've been hearing ???

Comment

• ddaryl
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
              This is a case where I hope they stay cheap ... I don't want them to cave to outrageous demands
              It would be nice to have this put to bed and be able to focus our draft back to DE OLB @ #11

Then get the best G or C in the 2nd rd

Then best TE in round #3

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                Wouldn't Jrodan Gross's contract be around the 9.75 mil per year we've been hearing ???
                Gross signed for 6 Yrs/$60M, $30M guaranteed

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

The Bills are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. If they pay Peters, it will be viewed as over-spending, if they don't, they'll be viewed as cheap.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

I don't really care anymore. It's obvious that the fat, piece of **** cares about nothing but money. So I honestly don't care whether he takes the offer or not. Either way, I want this over with....if he rejects it, trade him immediately! This team can NOT be held hostage by this douchebag!

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

It would be nice to have this put to bed and be able to focus our draft back to DE OLB @ #11

Then get the best G or C in the 2nd rd

Then best TE in round #3
                      Agreed, but I hope it's Peters who caves
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• M
                        • Aug 2006

Oy, the drama continues. If Peters does sign and gets the $$$ he wants, he'd better play b*lls to the wall for the whole season!
                        Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                          Gross signed for 6 Yrs/$60M, $30M guaranteed
                          This is about ego and sometimes players will play up to, not down to, their contract.

I think Peters, for all the *****ing around here, will outperform a deal similar to Gross.

If the Bills actually get him signed I will be stoked and actually believe that this team is serious about finally winning.

Comment

• acehole
                            • Jan 2006

If true I think it is a mistake for the bills.

http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp

I guess will find out today if this has any truth. Not getting my hopes up...
                            Hated by the stupid..
                            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              I don't really care anymore. It's obvious that the fat, piece of **** cares about nothing but money. So I honestly don't care whether he takes the offer or not. Either way, I want this over with....if he rejects it, trade him immediately! This team can NOT be held hostage by this douchebag!
                              I could be wrong but I don't think this is about money as much as it is being recognized as maybe the best player at his position.

I actually believe that if gets this deal he will outperform it and play as the best player in the league.

The guy is not lazy. After all of the time he missed he came into OBD in excellent shape which Jauron confirmed. He said he is one of the better conditioned athletes.

Comment

Working...
                              X