X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbisset
    • Oct 2002

My view on Peters

Let's just sign Peters to a long term (7 years) contract. The only way to replace him in the draft is with a top 10 pick which will cost money for a resource that may be a bust. We need to get a starting pass rushing DE and a pass catching TE in this draft along with another lineman that will play major minutes this year. We do not need to add filling LT to the mix.
  • PromoTheRobot
    • Sep 2003

Re: My view on Peters

Originally posted by jbisset
    Let's just sign Peters to a long term (7 years) contract. The only way to replace him in the draft is with a top 10 pick which will cost money for a resource that may be a bust. We need to get a starting pass rushing DE and a pass catching TE in this draft along with another lineman that will play major minutes this year. We do not need to add filling LT to the mix.
    1) Peters already has 2 years left on his current deal. What's to stop him from holding out again?

2) Peters was an UDFA so drafting a new LT is not the "only" way to replace him.

3) Making Peters the highest paid LT does not guarantee he will play like one.

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• acehole
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by jbisset

The only way to replace an undrafted FA TE who we coverted into a OT is by drafting a top 10 OT?

Got it.
      Hated by the stupid..
      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by acehole
        The only way to replace an undrafted FA TE who we coverted into a OT is by drafting a top 10 OT?

Got it.
        You know what he means. Don't be immature. Peters is one of the best LTs in the league. You may not have a guy in this year's draft thats as talented.

Maybe everybody should stop whinning about the fact the guy is negotiating.

Comment

• jbisset
          • Oct 2002

We got lucky with Peters. If you think it is that easy to replace a LT just let him go. We need to get back to the playoffs and superbowls. Peters can help.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

getting rid of a good player for a draft pick is necessary sometimes but not very desireable.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

If he thinks he's one of the best LT's in the league, if not the best (because Madden 09 said so!) then give him an 11.5 mil/year deal, but you LAY THAT THING FULL OF ****ING INCENTIVES. Drop 300,000 every time he let's up a sack, 125,000 for every penalty, and when he gets his paycheck, we'll see how happy he is with his 8 something mil.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

I am not whining.

I was arguing the piont that he is not replacable.

Great player but we choices do we have ...sit tight it will all work out

quote=HHURRICANE]You know what he means. Don't be immature. Peters is one of the best LTs in the league. You may not have a guy in this year's draft thats as talented.

Maybe everybody should stop whinning about the fact the guy is negotiating.[/quote]
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

I'm remembering everyone who said Peters is lazy and not worth the money in case we do trade him. This way everytime one of you whines about how our line is swiss cheese after a loss I can just repost your ridiculous post or remind you of 2004 when you kept saying how "we haven't addressed the line".

We really deserve to be botttom dwellars and the fans perpetuate it. So sad that the big selfish football player makes lots of money. Well sorry boys that the way it works.

Comment

Working...
                  X