PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Draft Review (by:Jim Gulinello)

TypicalBill
05-15-2003, 05:44 AM
The Patriots came into this year draft with a total of 13 picks, and came away with 10 players that they hope with add to the team. I will give a summary of all there picks and then, will give you my grade on what they ended up with.

1st round-DT Ty Warren 6`'5 307-A big run stopper that this team was looking for, can play end or nose in the 3-4. He played only one year at nose that was when he was a junior. He should step at either position and be an upgrade over last year. Most importantly it allow Seymour to play end in this defense.

2nd round-CB Eugene Wilson 5;10 192-The book on him is he has great ball skill and instinct to make up for lack of size. Most likely will step in to either nickel or dime package, as a rookie.

2nd round-WR Bethel Johnson 5'11 201-Very raw prospect who will need time to develop, one area that cannot be taught is speed and he has the ability to stretch the defenses. Has been very injury prone and will have to over come that to be a pro in this league.

4th round-DT Dan Klecko 6'0 283- A player that has a non stop motor. This player remind me of Bruschi because his never say it over mentality. He is my sleeper in this draft for the Patriots. One step further he was name defensive player for the big east. That's an accomplishment considering that you have powerhouse Miami in the same division.

READ MORE (http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/patriots.htm)