PDA

View Full Version : Peters update

The Spaz
04-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Bills COO/GM Russ Brandon addressed the Jason Peters contract situation at the team’s draft luncheon Wednesday. Here was his update on the team’s Pro Bowl left tackle.

“Obviously we’ve talked about this ad nauseam, but we value Jason greatly as a player,” said Brandon. “He’s a player that we developed and signed to a contract early in his career. Obviously Jason has done a great job and played very well. At the conclusion of the year we talked to Jason and we’d obviously like to have him on this team and will continue to work with his representatives to get something done.”

When asked if he needs to come to a resolution or definitive answer as to where things are headed with Peters in negotiations prior to the draft, he offered the following.

“We’re going to see how the situation plays out with Jason,” said Brandon. ”We value him. We want him on this football team. We expect him to be on this football team and we will continue to work with him and his representatives.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/15/peters-update/

OpIv37
04-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Another fluff piece by Brown.

What information in there constitutes an "update"? It's all the same generic crap Brandon has been spewing since Peters held out last year. There's no substance in there that would warrant an "update."

streetkings01
04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Was that an update or a rehash?

yordad
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Not only was that a complete repeat of what we have been hearing for over a year, he literally completely repeated himself in consecutive responses. It is like an automated operator.

homeslice5484
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM
so i take it the plan is to let him sit out till game 1 again. We better draft an OT so peters can play backup if they wont trade him.

Night Train
04-15-2009, 12:27 PM
He might as well said " it's light outside "

The Spaz
04-15-2009, 12:31 PM
He might as well said " it's light outside "

Hey if the Bills would have told him something different he would have said it.

FlyingDutchman
04-15-2009, 12:34 PM
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-15-2009, 12:36 PM
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Is this from the Boondocks?

mayotm
04-15-2009, 12:39 PM
What do you people expect Brandon to tell the media? Does he owe the media a detailed account of the on-going negotiations? If he thinks Peters and his agent are pieces of crap, should he say that to the media?

FlyingDutchman
04-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Is this from the Boondocks?

Donald Rumsfeld

ddaryl
04-15-2009, 12:45 PM

What information in there constitutes an "update"? It's all the same generic crap Brandon has been spewing since Peters held out last year. There's no substance in there that would warrant an "update."

WTF can he say, WTF do you want him to say..

He was asked a question and he gave the best answer he could. They are not going ot release contract details, or talk about the negotiations to the public. That is common sense...

Night Train
04-15-2009, 12:45 PM
If he thinks Peters and his agent are pieces of crap, should he say that to the media?

" I challange Eugene Parker to a STEEL CAGE MATCH ! No DQ ! "

Then I'd respect Brandon.

Buckets
04-15-2009, 12:49 PM
What do you people expect Brandon to tell the media? Does he owe the media a detailed account of the on-going negotiations? If he thinks Peters and his agent are pieces of crap, should he say that to the media?

YES!!! and YES!!! They owe the fans some respect. If Peters and his agent are acting like douchebags whats wrong with saying it?

mayotm
04-15-2009, 12:52 PM
YES!!! and YES!!! They owe the fans some respect. If Peters and his agent are acting like douchebags whats wrong with saying it?Because it does nothting but make the situation worse.

SabreEleven
04-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Was that an update or a rehash?

It's a rehashed update.

Buckets
04-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Because it does nothting but make the situation worse.

How does making public that someone is a douche hurt. Ever heard of public sentament? Right now we don't actually know who is holding up negotiations it is all speculation. Wouldn't you like to know for sure?

SabreEleven
04-15-2009, 01:00 PM

He was asked a question and he gave the best answer he could. They are not going ot release contract details, or talk about the negotiations to the public. That is common sense...

How about "Jason signed a contract so his ass should be in camp. It needs to stop being a selfish pig. Nobody put a gun to his head when he signed that contract. Start doing your job you greedy bastard."

OpIv37
04-15-2009, 01:11 PM

NOTHING. If there is no news on a topic, just say there is no new news on the topic. Don't call it an update when there is nothing new. That is common sense.

OpIv37
04-15-2009, 01:13 PM

See the above post. I don't expect Brandon to say anything. But since he's not saying anything, Chris Brown should be smart enough not to report it as an "update." If there's nothing to report, then report nothing. Don't regurgitate the same crap and call it an "update."

mayotm
04-15-2009, 01:49 PM
How does making public that someone is a douche hurt. Ever heard of public sentament? Right now we don't actually know who is holding up negotiations it is all speculation. Wouldn't you like to know for sure?You don't see how the Bills calling Peters a douche publicly would hurt negotiations??? That's unfortunate for you.

mayotm
04-15-2009, 01:53 PM
See the above post. I don't expect Brandon to say anything. But since he's not saying anything, Chris Brown should be smart enough not to report it as an "update." If there's nothing to report, then report nothing. Don't regurgitate the same crap and call it an "update."How many e-mails do you thing Brown gets daily requesting an update on the Peters situation? Somebody from the media asked Brandon about the situation again. Brown was there and heard the question. He simply reported what he heard. So he used the word "update". Big deal. You do have the option of not reading Brown if you don't enjoy his "fluff" pieces.

Syderick
04-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Did you know the Bills VALUE Jason Peters? Who knew such a thing?

OpIv37
04-15-2009, 01:59 PM
How many e-mails do you thing Brown gets daily requesting an update on the Peters situation? Somebody from the media asked Brandon about the situation again. Brown was there and heard the question. He simply reported what he heard. So he used the word "update". Big deal.

It is a big deal.

If I see the word "update," I expect new information. If there's no new information, don't call it an update. And the number of people that email him is irrelevant- it doesn't make new information suddenly become available. If he felt the need to inform readers about Peters because he was getting too many emails, this is what he should have done:

Status of Jason Peters situation

As of right now, there is no new information on Jason Peters. Russ Brandon wants to have him as part of this team and in training camp, and the two sides are still working towards that goal.

Was that so friggin hard?

OpIv37
04-15-2009, 02:01 PM
You do have the option of not reading Brown if you don't enjoy his "fluff" pieces.

The reason I read the piece is because it said UPDATE, which implied new information. Normally, I don't read his pieces because I know they're fluff, but he duped me with false advertising.

bigbub2352
04-15-2009, 02:05 PM
trade him rebuild thru the draft

realdealryan
04-15-2009, 02:06 PM
You do have the option of not reading Brown if you don't enjoy his "fluff" pieces.

And I take it. His timeliness makes me question whether or not he lives in WNY.

mayotm
04-15-2009, 02:31 PM
It is a big deal.

If I see the word "update," I expect new information. If there's no new information, don't call it an update. And the number of people that email him is irrelevant- it doesn't make new information suddenly become available. If he felt the need to inform readers about Peters because he was getting too many emails, this is what he should have done:

Status of Jason Peters situation

As of right now, there is no new information on Jason Peters. Russ Brandon wants to have him as part of this team and in training camp, and the two sides are still working towards that goal.

Was that so friggin hard?Such an angry young man. So upset over a few sentences in Chris Brown's blog. I hope you keep yourself in shape. Otherwise, you are going to have some health issues as you get older.

OpIv37
04-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Such an angry young man. So upset over a few sentences in Chris Brown's blog. I hope you keep yourself in shape. Otherwise, you are going to have some health issues as you get older.

yeah, silly me for expecting an "update" to contain new information. I'm so angry and bitter :rolleyes:

mayotm
04-15-2009, 03:11 PM
yeah, silly me for expecting an "update" to contain new information. I'm so angry and bitter :rolleyes:Very good. Admitting that you have a problem is the fist step of recovery.

TacklingDummy
04-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Very good. Admitting that you have a problem is the fist step of recovery. Wouldn't the problem be if Op didn't *****? We all know he's a *****er.

mayotm
04-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Wouldn't the problem be if Op didn't *****? We all know he's a *****er.Hmmm.... you make an interesting point.

jpdex12
04-15-2009, 03:24 PM

This is what you say..."we are giving fat boy until 12 midnight on 4/24 to **** or get off the pot! We've made him a more than reasonable offer and if it's not good enough for him to decide by 12am 4/24 then we will be on the phones conducting a trade" and then watch the phone lines light up with teams that want to get him before he's lost.

What's there to hide behind? Everyone knows that if we can't sign him he'll get traded so if you want a probowl LT you better get your thumb out of your rear and start offering first and thirds!

what's the big secret here?

ddaryl
04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
This is what you say..."we are giving fat boy until 12 midnight on 4/24 to **** or get off the pot! We've made him a more than reasonable offer and if it's not good enough for him to decide by 12am 4/24 then we will be on the phones conducting a trade" and then watch the phone lines light up with teams that want to get him before he's lost.

What's there to hide behind? Everyone knows that if we can't sign him he'll get traded so if you want a probowl LT you better get your thumb out of your rear and start offering first and thirds!

what's the big secret here?

you can feel that way but no respectable person in such a position would ever do such a thing for obvious reasons.

Russ is a professional and he'll leave it out of the media as best as he can.

TigerJ
04-15-2009, 06:54 PM
One can only hope that Brandon is not as toothless and indecisive as he sounds.

Typ0
04-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Update does not mean there is any new information. It just means something is being added to the story. It means the record has changed. It doesn't refer to the contents of the data really

OpIv37
04-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Update does not mean there is any new information. It just means something is being added to the story. It means the record has changed. It doesn't refer to the contents of the data really

This thread needs an update:

OpIv37
04-15-2009, 08:56 PM
What? I said the exact same thing hours ago and I added nothing new to the conversation? Well, the thread needed an update and there was nothing new so I just regurgitated old information.

See how ****ing annoying that is?

Typ0
04-15-2009, 09:14 PM
you keep spewing forth nonesense. It's all repetitive with nothing new. Each post is an update to the thread.

HHURRICANE
04-15-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm remembering everyone who said Peters is lazy and not worth the money in case we do trade him. This way everytime one of you whines about how our line is swiss cheese after a loss I can just repost your ridiculous post or remind you of 2004 when you kept saying how "we haven't addressed the line".

We really deserve to be botttom dwellars and the fans perpetuate it. So sad that the big selfish football player makes lots of money. Well sorry boys that the way it works.

OpIv37
04-15-2009, 09:49 PM
you keep spewing forth nonesense. It's all repetitive with nothing new. Each post is an update to the thread.

and you can argue semantics all you want, but the point is that there was no substance to his update. Regardless of whether or not it technically constitutes an "update", it was pointless and added no new information.

SabreEleven
04-16-2009, 10:37 AM

what actually was added to the story?

Typ0
04-19-2009, 01:20 PM
what actually was added to the story?

new copy.