PDA

View Full Version : We Cannot and Will Not

Bill Cody
04-15-2009, 04:23 PM
...draft Pettigrew at 11. NFL Draftcountdown has us taking him. If we traded down to the low 20's that's one thing, although I still wouldn't do it, we need a pass rusher. But at 11 for a TE that runs a 4.8 40? :puke:

The Juice Is Loose
04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
What's Jason Whitten's 40 time?

I am in a mock draft contest. And I was doing mine last night. I ended up having most of the DE that are on our radar drafted before us. Everybody has Oakland taking a WR, but look what happened last year. Nobody is gonna take WR's that early.

Several of the d ends we want are gonna be gone. I ended up putting Pettigrew in our slot for now, because of lack of choice.

As far as trading down goes, I think teams are gonna be rewarded for not doing it. The teams trying to trade up that is. We aren't going to be able to get out of our slot.

I have feeling Pettigrew is gonna be like 6th on their overall board, but 1st on their board by the time we draft. If that's the case they have to take him.

If he couldn't block I'd be afraid. But from what I've read on the guy he could be a huge impact player.

yordad
04-15-2009, 04:42 PM
6th on their board? No. They could do worst, but I would not be happy.

The Juice Is Loose
04-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Well I kinda mean out of positions that we will target. Obviously someone like Curry will be above, but not listed, as he's as good as gone already.

Nighthawk
04-15-2009, 05:49 PM

I am in a mock draft contest. And I was doing mine last night. I ended up having most of the DE that are on our radar drafted before us. Everybody has Oakland taking a WR, but look what happened last year. Nobody is gonna take WR's that early.

Several of the d ends we want are gonna be gone. I ended up putting Pettigrew in our slot for now, because of lack of choice.

As far as trading down goes, I think teams are gonna be rewarded for not doing it. The teams trying to trade up that is. We aren't going to be able to get out of our slot.

I have feeling Pettigrew is gonna be like 6th on their overall board, but 1st on their board by the time we draft. If that's the case they have to take him.

If he couldn't block I'd be afraid. But from what I've read on the guy he could be a huge impact player.

YOU DON'T DRAFT A BLOCKING TE AT #11! What the hell is wrong with you people!?!?!

ServoBillieves
04-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Pettigrew is absolutely a great talent, but not a top 20 talent. I'd even go as far to say not top 25.

I say screw it, let's bring Tim Euhus back!

Bill Cody
04-16-2009, 03:28 PM
YOU DON'T DRAFT A BLOCKING TE AT #11! What the hell is wrong with you people!?!?!

Amen Nighthawk it just doesn't work. if you're going to take a TE at 11 he has to be someone you envision in the Pro Bowl.

Bill Cody
04-16-2009, 03:34 PM

You mean the Jason Whitten that lasted until the 3rd round? That Jason Whitten? I don't know but Whitten had big production numbers at Tennessee. Sorry I don't see him at pick 11 more like pick 28 if we traded Peters to the Eagles for their late 1st.