PDA

View Full Version : Review of the Steelers Draft and Rookie free agent signings

TypicalBill
05-15-2003, 05:49 AM
Alright there Steelers fans, here is my much awaited review of the Steelers draft and rookie free agent signings. I think the Steelers made some pretty good moves but as always think we could have done a better job. I'll review each of the draft picks and the rookie free agents I believe have the best chance of making the 53 man roster of practice squad. I'll also include my thoughts on how the Steelers should have done things in the draft and with rookie free agents in my version of the armchair GM. Hope you enjoy the article and feel free to email with your thoughts.

1st round 16th overall; Troy Polamalu S USC 5'10" 206 lbs: The Steelers traded up from the 27th overall selection in the 1st round to the 16th overall selection in the 1st round by packaging that pick along with their choices in the 3rd and 6th round to the Kansas City Chiefs for the rights to select Troy Polamalu. Polamalu combines on the field and off the field work ethics into his athletic yet slightly undersized frame to get the most out of himself as a player. Polamalu will start from day one and be the difference maker the Steelers secondary has lacked for a number of years.

MORE... (http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/steelers.htm)