Rey Maualuga is the pick and we could get another pick on top of that!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Rey Maualuga is the pick and we could get another pick on top of that!!!

Unless by some miracle Curry or Orakpo is sitting there at number 11 the only thing close to a sure thing is Rey Maualuga. The guy can play and we could actually trade out of our spot if Sanchez is there at 11 and pick up Rey Maualuga at #13 or #17.

Ayers and Maybin, which alot of boards have us taking, look incredibly risky.

The Bills can't afford a project pick in the first.

Thoughts?
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: Rey Maualuga is the pick and we could get another pick on top of that!!!

He projected more as a middle lb. Move poz outside? Cushing more likely the pick.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
      He projected more as a middle lb. Move poz outside? Cushing more likely the pick.
      Yes move Poz. I think most would agree with that.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

PS. I'm not sold on Cushing, at all.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

If they take Maualuga or Maybin I will break numerous items in my house and in other people's houses.

Just say no to either of those two.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            If they take Maualuga or Maybin I will break numerous items in my house and in other people's houses.

I agree on Maybin. If not Maualuga than who?? Why are you down on Rey.
            Last edited by HHURRICANE; 04-15-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

And Pettigrew. If they draft Pettigrew, I'll break my 42 inch tv.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                I agree on Maybin. If not Maualuga than who?? Why are you down on Rey.
                I do not like his ability to recognize plays and react to them. I though he got by at USC due to the great athletes with him on defense and was able to clean up on plays they forced and he was able to cover up his lack of reaction time/quickness/speed by having so much talent around him.

I love the attitude and fire, but am not sure it will translate to the NFL.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

I do not like his ability to recognize plays and react to them. I though he got by at USC due to the great athletes with him on defense and was able to clean up on plays they forced and he was able to cover up his lack of reaction time/quickness/speed by having so much talent around him.

I love the attitude and fire, but am not sure it will translate to the NFL.
                  Depends which USC LB is McCargo in this scenario. Rey, IMO, is the best athlete and has the best chance of transitioning quickly to the NFL.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                    • Mar 2004

Rey over Crushing i watch a lot of pac 10 ball being on the westcoast and all i think Rey is the safer pick if we go that direction

Comment

• Raptor
                      • Jan 2009

I dont even think we will consider him mainly because I dont think the Bills want to move Poz outside, and I agree with them, if they did they would have moved him there last year and put Digi inside when Crow went down

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Muaualaualalauauauaga would be a terrible pick in my opinion.

Hes a terrible tackler, in the NFL I truly think he will just sort of bounce off people. I dont think technique wise hes very disciplined, as someone else pointed out in another thread he pretty much doesnt cover his gaps at all. And from what ive seen he just plain and simple doesnt wrap up well.

Imo hed be a terrible pick for us, we dont need to add any more ineptitude at LB.
                        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Maualuga. If you've read his scouting report, you'll see that he's almost exactly like Poz. What's the point in replacing Poz with a guy just like him? Him and James Laurinaitis, I don't see anything impressive about either one. Both of them just seem to disappear in games.

Cushing would be fine, imo. He brings a good blitzing ability that many of our OLB's don't have.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Poz coming out was a far better prospect imo
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

We need a LB who can play. He's an NFL caliber player and we could pick up a pick if we trade down. I wouldn't take him at #11 but with an extra pick I'd take him at #17.

I hate the DE options in this year's draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X