PDA

View Full Version : I hate this trade but what about...

HHURRICANE
04-16-2009, 07:40 AM
I hate this trade but what about a deal involving Arizona and Anquan Boldin. Only reason I even bring it up is that we could probably get him and Gandy for Peters. Yes, I know Gandy isn't out first choice but he played well enough to let their QB pass enough to get to a Super Bowl.

It actually makes some sense. What do you think?

The Spaz
04-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Umm no. We would have 3 great WR's and still a ****ty o-line. No thank you.

Jan Reimers
04-16-2009, 07:44 AM
I think Arizona would be stupid to do it. They get a good LT to replace an average LT, and lose a premier WR.

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Boldin wants more money than Peters wants.

So the answer is no.

casdhf
04-16-2009, 07:58 AM
We already have one guy that's gonna cry if he doesn't get the ball ... adding another would not be good

ddaryl
04-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Owens pretty much assures us that this type of deal has little chance...

I would honestly pass on Gandy and look for another player of impact, and stick with the best T at #11 draft strategy. We already have Walker and Chambers, who IMO would be an equal LT to Gandy.

THATHURMANATOR
04-16-2009, 08:39 AM
You think Trent could throw for a 300 yard game with that receiving corp?

justasportsfan
04-16-2009, 09:40 AM
It doesn't make sense.

Kenny
04-16-2009, 09:53 AM
You think Trent could throw for a 300 yard game with that receiving corp?

I dont know... do you think Trent will start throwing to players other than those with the numbers 23 or 22?
j/k...

TacklingDummy
04-16-2009, 09:59 AM

Ownes is a 1 year deal, locking Boldin up long term would be great.

I don't care that he wants more money than Peters. Boldin is a game changer, Peters is a o-linemen. If Peters wants 10 million dollars per year he better start learning to throw the ball, catch the ball, or sack the other teams QB. We already know he knows how to sack his own QB, 11.5.

kernowboy
04-16-2009, 10:18 AM
I would trade Peters to Detroit for their R2 in 2009 and their R2 in 2010.

Both are likely to be high picks in their respective rounds as the Lions are unlikely to have a Dolphins like transformation.

In 2009, we can get our DE in R1, draft in R2 a LB like James Laurinitas who can replace Ellison at WLB and use our own R2 selection on a LT of the future like Jamon Meredith or Gerald Cadogan. Walker has shown he can be a decent enough LT whilst the draft pick develops and Chambers/Butler can cover the RT position. It will also allow the team to develop Bell as a true LG.

The R2 in 2010 will provide the team with flexibility to move up and down in R1 maybe if Edwards doesn't work out at QB or we need to replace Lynch but even if we stand still it still allows us a chance to get 3 starters on Day1 in 2010.

I'm not ready to give up on Hardy yet as I think he will learn a lot from Owens.

I think we will be fine with Owens, Evans, Reed and Johnson at WR and if we are going to go with 3-WR sets would favour more of a blocker at TE in the draft.

In 2010, we can look to replace Owens with a receiving TE like Jermaine Gresham, Rob Gronkowski or Dennis Pitta.

jamze132
04-16-2009, 12:43 PM
I hate this trade but what about a deal involving Arizona and Anquan Boldin. Only reason I even bring it up is that we could probably get him and Gandy for Peters. Yes, I know Gandy isn't out first choice but he played well enough to let their QB pass enough to get to a Super Bowl.

Come on Mitchell55... :wtf: