What were you doing the morning of September 11??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

What were you doing the morning of September 11??

9/11 will be to our generation what the Kennedy assasination was to our parents or what Pearl Harbor was to our grandparents.

What was everybody doing when we were attacked? I was sound asleep in bed (it was 5:30 AM Alaska time) when my Mother called and told me to turn on the TV. I can still remember the looks on peoples faces when I went to the store later that day. Everybody was in shock and had a dazed look.

When my daughter came home from Kindergarten later that day and asked why the people did that, I was at a loss for words and could only shake my head and say I didn't know.

I'll never forget that day as long as I live.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

i was at the laundromat watching it on TV...totally stunned. i lived five minutes from the Hartford/Springfield airport...the eeriest thing was the total silence...no airplanes flying overhead.
    i highly doubt anyone will ever forget that day.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

I was at work driving on my forklift when the supervisor came on the radio to let us know about it.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Bufftp
        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Iwas at work. I recieved a phone call from my Sister.
        i closed the office, and let everybody go home to be with their familys.
        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
        Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
        - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
        to be led by permanent ideals -
        that is what keeps a man patient
        when the world ignores him,
        and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• CalBillsFan
          • Jul 2002

I was at lake tahoe with some friends. I woke up right before the second plane hit. My friend was watching TV and told me that we were being attacked. I was half asleep so I don't even remember what I said to him. I started preparing a bowl of cereal, when I started listening to the TV. I don't think I left my seat that whole day.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

6 days before the event, I drove underneath the towers while working in New York.

One day before the event, I watched my wife leave on an airplane as she went on a buisness trip.

The day of, I heard the news while driving to the post office in the morning. I was scheduled to work from my office at home for a week. I spent the day trying to reach my 12 guys working under me in New York and to tell them to get home quick. The worst was being in an empty house by yourself watching this stuff over and over.

2 of my Reps had wives/family working in lower Manhattan, and another of my Reps was a volunteer EMT and he was helicoptered into Ground Zero before plane #2 hit. His Wife is a NYC cop who worked in Precinct #1 at ground Zero, but thankfully was not on duty that morning. Both came out unhurt, but we didn't hear from them for 3 days.

My wife also knew Capt John Oganowski, pilot of flight #11. He was a part time farmer and she spent a Saturday on his farm about 2-3 weeks prior. (She works for UMASS teaching people how to properly use pesticides)

Well, It took my wife an entire week and a drive of 1,200 miles to get home.

The Following week, I returned to New York City to work again. Every five blocks was another funeral or a firehouse turned into a shrine for 5-10 dead comrades.

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

I was in my car on my way to school just outside Toronto. I had just left NYC about a week prior to that. If I hadn't decided to quit working and go back to school, I would have been in one of the path trains underneath the WTC.

Comment

• gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

I was buying a Dr. Pepper on my way to work when the first plane hit, and they still thought it was an accident. By the time I got across the street to work, the second plane hit. Everyone was pissed, and I was convinced we should turn the mid east into a glass parking lot.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

I was getting ready to celebrate my friends 21st birthday....boy, what a day she had
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                    Expert on Experts
                    • Jul 2002

On Sept 10th I flew back to los angeles from buffalo (with CalBillsFan) after our trip to the bills-saints game. The next morning my roommates mother called about 6:30 AM pacific time. I remember being upset that I had been woken up and tried to fall back asleep. After he hung up the phone, he told me what happened, and switched on the tv. I didn't care about being awake anymore. It was a little nerve racking because I had just flown cross country the day before.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

We were getting ready for a days work in the shop at 7 am MDT. One guy came in late and said he heard the news that a plane had just crashed into the World Trade Towers. The first thing I remember saying to him was "And that affected you getting to work on time"

As I was driving to my first watering location, I heard that the second plane crashed into the Towers. We all stopped working, went to a restaurant for breakfast to watch the news and saaw it all.

This is a moment in time that is indelibly stamped in our memories.
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Great tribute page here.

9-11 tribute
                        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• venis2k1
                          Youboty can hope
                          • Jul 2002

i was at school in study hall, drawing a picture of chewbacca when the first plane hit.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

At home, late for work. Watched it on CNBC. They were speculating it was an accident when the second one hit. I told my 18 year old son, "It's no accident now."
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• JayWood
                              The Professor
                              • Jul 2002

I was sitting out side one of the buildings on the campus of Rhode Island College when i heard what had taken place. This September 11, 2002 i will be in my history class teaching my students about not what happend that dark day, but more importantly, where the country has gone since. It should be a very intresting day
                              When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X