PDA

View Full Version : With all the bashing on whitner, why hasnt anyone told the true report

Mitchell55
04-16-2009, 12:47 PM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=133162

Made yesturday at 4:21 pm E/T. Name is Eregitano

He was born in 1975, Dec 30, 1975. Has 6,869. Mainly sleeps on his right side in bed.

"So my brother is a Cleveland Police Officer and he was at the scene, but not one of the arresting officers. However he spoke directly to one of the arresting officers. Now this is from the police perspective keep in mind.

So Whitner and Ted Ginn had rented out a room at the club to host a private party. About 75-100 people attended this party. There had been a long standing turf rivalry with Whitner and Ginn's H.S. and another local highscool. Somehow the rival H.S. people began showing up and before too long 100+ were outside.

This did not fly with people at Whitner's party a stand off began. The standoff turned into a full out brawl. The brawl was so thick that the police were unable to get their vehicles through and had to make their way on foot through the maylee. Whitner and Ginn were invlolved in the brawl. The brawl was escalting to a near riot, when the police came upon Whtner and Ginn. Ginn apparantly followed the police orders to stop. Whitner was pulled away and told the police we was going back in becuase his friends were in their and there were guns, and he feared for their lives. He ignored the police orders to stop and proceeded to go back into the maylee. That's when the police tasered and arrested Whitner. Ginn was detained and released.

My brother said they gave Whitner every opportunity to stop and leave without incident and he chose to go against a direct police order. He also said that Whitner's party should not have responded to a H.S. turf battle and empower the thugs that showed up to cause problems

Anyway I thought it was pretty interesting to hear the story thought you all might enjoy it too."

I apologies for the 1st post. It was misleading.

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Assuming this is true:

Seems like there was plenty to bash Whitner for in that scenario- getting involved in a ****ing HIGH SCHOOL turf war, directly disobeying police orders, trying to go back inside when there are guns- the police were keeping him out for his own safety.

On top of that, I'm assuming Whitner was unarmed because if he had a gun, it would have come out by now. What makes him think he can save his friends from guns when he's completely unarmed? "I'm mutha****in DONTE WHITNER. AIN'T NO BULLET CAN HURT ME!" Dumb, just dumb.

billsfanone
04-16-2009, 12:54 PM
If Whitner was white nothing would have happened.

justasportsfan
04-16-2009, 01:00 PM
I think the cops were finfans

Mitchell55
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Assuming this is true:

Seems like there was plenty to bash Whitner for in that scenario- getting involved in a ****ing HIGH SCHOOL turf war, directly disobeying police orders, trying to go back inside when there are guns- the police were keeping him out for his own safety.

On top of that, I'm assuming Whitner was unarmed because if he had a gun, it would have come out by now. What makes him think he can save his friends from guns when he's completely unarmed? "I'm mutha****in DONTE WHITNER. AIN'T NO BULLET CAN HURT ME!" Dumb, just dumb.

Was the tasering nessessary. Was pressing charges nessassary. It was a fight, **** happens. He wanted to help his friends and was tased for it. If this was Jackson or Evans he would be a hero.

Mitchell55
04-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Luigi, why did you neg me for this. All im doing is posting what someone else said.

SabreEleven
04-16-2009, 01:16 PM
So my brother is a Cleveland Police Officer and he was at the scene, but not one of the arresting officers. However he spoke directly to one of the arresting officers. Now this is from the police perspective keep in mind.

So Whitner and Ted Ginn had rented out a room at the club to host a private party. About 75-100 people attended this party. There had been a long standing turf rivalry with Whitner and Ginn's H.S. and another local highscool. Somehow the rival H.S. people began showing up and before too long 100+ were outside.

This did not fly with people at Whitner's party a stand off began. The standoff turned into a full out brawl. The brawl was so thick that the police were unable to get their vehicles through and had to make their way on foot through the maylee. Whitner and Ginn were invlolved in the brawl. The brawl was escalting to a near riot, when the police came upon Whtner and Ginn. Ginn apparantly followed the police orders to stop. Whitner was pulled away and told the police we was going back in becuase his friends were in their and there were guns, and he feared for their lives. He ignored the police orders to stop and proceeded to go back into the maylee. That's when the police tasered and arrested Whitner. Ginn was detained and released.

My brother said they gave Whitner every opportunity to stop and leave without incident and he chose to go against a direct police order. He also said that Whitner's party should not have responded to a H.S. turf battle and empower the thugs that showed up to cause problems

Anyway I thought it was pretty interesting to hear the story thought you all might enjoy it too.

How is this much different than what was reported? Minus a couple details, it is exactly how it has been reported.

feldspar
04-16-2009, 01:17 PM

You are kidding, right?

What color was the officer that tasered him?

Don't be a shmuck.

ddaryl
04-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Mitchell you plagarizing *****

what hell dude... passing this crap off as your own. The original author wa sborn in 1975 and is 33 years old... You didn't write this

Mitchell55
04-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Mitchell you plagarizing *****

what hell dude... passing this crap off as your own. The original author wa sborn in 1975 and is 33 years old... You didn't write this

Dude, I know it wasnt my own. I want passing it off as my own either. If it was mine than how would anyone know the real report and why would I ask why no one has posted it? Use common sense.

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Was the tasering nessessary. Was pressing charges nessassary. It was a fight, **** happens. He wanted to help his friends and was tased for it. If this was Jackson or Evans he would be a hero.

It depends on how aggressive he was being when he was trying to get back inside. I wasn't there, so it may or may not have been necessary.

And btw, Whitner is a pro athlete and in great physical shape. Have you seen the average cop? Whitner would be extremely difficult to restrain physically if that's what was necessary to keep him from going back inside.

And he's a ****ing idiot for thinking he can help his friends by going back in. The cops may have saved him from getting shot by using the taser before he went back in.

And you're absolutely wrong- if it were Jackson or Evans, you wouldn't be defending them for this kind of bull****. But on this board- and with certain posters like you in particular- Whitner's a hero no matter what he does. It's ****ing sickening.

SabreEleven
04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Dude, I know it wasnt my own. I want passing it off as my own either. If it was mine than how would anyone know the real report and why would I ask why no one has posted it? Use common sense.

Take your own advice. Use common sense. You tried to pass this off as your own. Nice try, LW.

Mitchell55
04-16-2009, 01:28 PM
It depends on how aggressive he was being when he was trying to get back inside. I wasn't there, so it may or may not have been necessary.

And btw, Whitner is a pro athlete and in great physical shape. Have you seen the average cop? Whitner would be extremely difficult to restrain physically if that's what was necessary to keep him from going back inside.

And he's a ****ing idiot for thinking he can help his friends by going back in. The cops may have saved him from getting shot by using the taser before he went back in.

And you're absolutely wrong- if it were Jackson or Evans, you wouldn't be defending them for this kind of bull****. But on this board- and with certain posters like you in particular- Whitner's a hero no matter what he does. It's ****ing sickening.

All I do is defend whitner and he never gets a chance with posters like you. I never said he is the best player on our team or anything like that. It just sounds like that because you don’t agree.

Good points by the way.

SabreEleven
04-16-2009, 01:28 PM
You are kidding, right?

What color was the officer that tasered him?

Don't be a shmuck.

Yes, he is kidding. Slow your roll.

Mitchell55
04-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Take your own advice. Use common sense. You tried to pass this off as your own. Nice try, LW.

How? "why hasnt anyone told the true report"

I wouldnt say that about something I wrote.

bigbub2352
it all boils down to ignorance

feldspar
Yes, he is kidding. Slow your roll.

Phew...I hate that crap.

I'll immidiately slow my roll.

SabreEleven
04-16-2009, 01:32 PM
How? "why hasnt anyone told the true report"

I wouldnt say that about something I wrote.

Try this next time "I got this from another message board, here is the link"

SabreEleven
04-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Phew...I hate that crap.

I'll immidiately slow my roll.

Good call.

Mitchell55
04-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Try this next time "I got this from another message board, here is the link"

Yeah, just read the whole thing again. It does sound like I tried to make it my own but it wasnt intentianal. I was going to post a link but forgot.

historypete
04-16-2009, 01:35 PM

Just an FYI Mitch, that is plagiarizing. I'm an adjunct professor and I deal with this all the time. I wonder if cut and paste your hight school papers? You didn't cite the source. You made no attempt to say you found it from somewhere. You posted it and made everyone who read it think it was yours. That is low.

And don't tell me to use commons sense. You make a post like that and it reads like you have a brother who is in the Cleveland PD. Common sense tells us to believe you, we don't have a reason not to, at least until now.

I never thought I would have to post something on plagiarism on this cite.

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
All I do is defend whitner and he never gets a chance with posters like you. I never said he is the best player on our team or anything like that. It just sounds like that because you don’t agree.

Good points by the way.

I try to give every player a chance- I will compliment them when they do something well and criticize them when they do something wrong, regardless of if I personally like the player or not.

Sometimes, though, I get frustrated and lose my objectivity. Whitner in particular bothers me because if he does something bad and I call him out for it, a big group of posters on here immediately rush to his defense. Sometimes, we just need to accept the fact that players we don't like do something well, or players we do like screw something up. For some reason, the Whitner fan club can't accept the latter. To me, it's just another example of Buffalo fans accepting mediocrity. They have some emotional connection to a player or coach to the point where they can't even see it when that guy screws up.

SabreEleven
04-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Just an FYI Mitch, that is plagiarizing. I'm an adjunct professor and I deal with this all the time. I wonder if cut and paste your hight school papers? You didn't cite the source. You made no attempt to say you found it from somewhere. You posted it and made everyone who read it think it was yours. That is low.

And don't tell me to use commons sense. You make a post like that and it reads like you have a brother who is in the Cleveland PD. Common sense tells us to believe you, we don't have a reason not to, at least until now.

You only have 457 posts...Give it time.

Mitchell55
04-16-2009, 01:36 PM

1st, read my last post. 2, site.

ddaryl
04-16-2009, 01:39 PM

where in your post did you give credit to the original poster of th einfo... You did not therefore you passed it off as your own...

how would anyone know it wasn't you who worte it without due credit to the original author

billsfanone
04-16-2009, 01:39 PM
maybe "cite" was a pun? :idunno:

Mitchell55
04-16-2009, 01:40 PM
where in your post did you give credit to the original poster of th einfo... You did not therefore you passed it off as your own...

how would anyone know it wasn't you who worte it without due credit to the original author

I just apologiesed for it. Stop bringing it back.

historypete
04-16-2009, 01:43 PM
1st, read my last post. 2, site.

Wow, no wonder people neg you. By the way, I was writing my response as you posted your mea culpa, that is why it came late. Unfortunatley I have work to do and I can't post every 15 seconds.

ddaryl
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Unfortunatley I have work to do and I can't post every 15 seconds.

No more excuses... You will post every 15 seconds... :scooter:

feldspar
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
it all boils down to ignorance

I don't know what you mean, so you may be right.

justasportsfan
04-16-2009, 01:46 PM
MItch are you related to skooby?

Mitchell55
04-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Wow, no wonder people neg you. By the way, I was writing my response as you posted your mea culpa, that is why it came late. Unfortunatley I have work to do and I can't post every 15 seconds.

How would I know. I just hate when I give a explaination and people bash me for the thing I just fixed. Sorry, I didnt know. Like Daryl, learn to post within 15 seconds. Its the 21st century, get with it.

jk

ddaryl
04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
I just apologiesed for it. Stop bringing it back.

edit your original post with the proper kudos to the author and a link and appoligize on the 1st post for the oversight... then we're good

Mitchell55
04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
MItch are you related to skooby?

No, I actually like the bills.

sarcasm/jk

feldspar
04-16-2009, 01:51 PM

Seriously, what real difference does it make. It's stilll hearsay whether Mitchell55 said it or eregitano said it. The source STILL isn't exactly reliable. This isn't English Comp 101, although I do agree that he should have said that "someone else" said this...still doesn't really matter, though.

Mitchell55
04-16-2009, 01:52 PM
edit your original post with the proper kudos to the author and a link and appoligize on the 1st post for the oversight... then we're good

Happy?

ddaryl
04-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Happy?

yes, that is the way it should always be...

You should feel better, and your soul appreciates it too :bike:

ddaryl
04-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Seriously, what real difference does it make. It's stilll hearsay whether Mitchell55 said it or eregitano said it. The source STILL isn't exactly reliable. This isn't English Comp 101, although I do agree that he should have said that "someone else" said this...still doesn't really matter, though.

it does matter because it sounded like he was saying his relative was a cleveland police officer, and it was he who had the direct connection to the story.

I just believe he should give proper recogintion to whoever he was quoting.

I always do. It is just the proper way of doing things.

Block "O"
04-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Go Glenville!!!!

feldspar
04-16-2009, 02:03 PM
it does matter because it sounded like he was saying his relative was a cleveland police officer, and it was he who had the direct connection to the story.

I just believe he should give proper recogintion to whoever he was quoting.

I always do. It is just the proper way of doing things.

I agree with you, but I don't see it as anything to get riled up about.

Mitchell55 may as well BE eregitano as far as I'm concerned.

Citing a source suggests that there is credence to the source. Who the hell is eregitano, and why should we even believe HIM and his unnamed, unsubstantiated brother or whoever? It's still a matter of he said/she said. Not any difference at all. We have eregitano claiming things. How would you have reacted had Mitchell55 really been the brother of a cop in Cleveland? Well, react that anyway, because the source remains relatively the same.

By the way, my name is feldspar...believe what I say.

madness
04-16-2009, 02:37 PM
It matches what ESPN originally reported about Whitner disobeying police orders to go back in to get his friends out.

If anybody faults him for that, I'm glad you're not my friend.

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 02:45 PM
It matches what ESPN originally reported about Whitner disobeying police orders to go back in to get his friends out.

If anybody faults him for that, I'm glad you're not my friend.

How about faulting him for getting in a ****ing HIGH SCHOOL turf war in the first place? The dude's 23 years old.

And once again, what the hell was he going to do if the bullets start flying? He'd be dead along with his friends. You think the police were just going to leave his friends in danger? Why the hell do you think they were there in the first place? The police were protecting him- he should be faulted for being too dumb to see it.

But, he's DONTE WHITNER. He can do no wrong. Everything he touches turns to gold and he ****s cute fluffy puppies and his godly powers are second only to those of Tedy Bruschi.

madness
04-16-2009, 02:47 PM
How about faulting him for getting in a ****ing HIGH SCHOOL turf war in the first place? The dude's 23 years old.

And once again, what the hell was he going to do if the bullets start flying? He'd be dead along with his friends. The police were protecting him- he should be faulted for being too dumb to see it.

But, he's DONTE WHITNER. He can do no wrong. Everything he touches turns to gold and he ****s cute fluffy puppies and his godly powers are second only to those of Tedy Bruschi.

He obviously wasn't involved if he was already outside. Is it his fault for going to a friends birthday party too? He's DONTE WHITNER so he can do no right! Op's view is holy!

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 02:51 PM
He obviously wasn't involved if he was already outside. Is it his fault for going to a friends birthday party too? He's DONTE WHITNER so he can do no right! Op's view is holy!

No, it's his fault for getting involved in a turf war and it's his fault for disobeying the cops. Yet, since it's Whitner, you found a way to twist disobeying the cops into a GOOD thing, just like people did when he committed a personal foul in the endzone.

And btw, you expect your friends to disobey the cops and fight through a near riot to attempt to protect you from thugs with guns using only their bare hands? That's just absurd.

HHURRICANE
04-16-2009, 02:53 PM

Uhhh, yes. The idiot deserved what he got.

HHURRICANE
04-16-2009, 02:55 PM

So it was a race issue? Really?

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 02:58 PM

don't worry about it- he was just joking around and trying to start trouble.

realdealryan
04-16-2009, 03:07 PM

...from the horse's mouth...

Donte Whitner (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=503425715&ref=nf) THANX 4 THE LOVE EVERYONE, FOR EVERYONE THAT KNOWS ME KNOWS WHAT TYPE OF PERSON I AM AND THATS ALL I CAN SAY....ITS CRAZY THAT RACISM AND PREJUDICE JUDGEMENTS STILL EXSIST..... I WOULDNT SAY SKIN COLOR BUTNOWADAYS ITS MORE SO THE TYPE OF CARS U DRIVE AND THE AMOUNT IN YOURE BACK ACCOUNT.....BILLS SUPERBOWL 2010....GOD BLESS!!!!

madness
04-16-2009, 03:08 PM
No, it's his fault for getting involved in a turf war and it's his fault for disobeying the cops. Yet, since it's Whitner, you found a way to twist disobeying the cops into a GOOD thing, just like people did when he committed a personal foul in the endzone.

And btw, you expect your friends to disobey the cops and fight through a near riot to attempt to protect you from thugs with guns using only their bare hands? That's just absurd.

It's absurd if you grew up in a white neighborhood full of $300k homes.

bigbub2352
04-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't know what you mean, so you may be right.

it is simple, all these players think they are superman instead of football players and role models off the feild, so they act like there **** dont stink and they are millionaire's before ever playing a down in the NFL, (in whitner's case)

So u got to be ignorant to be getting into fights, hit and runs, drug dealing, drug using etc

or doing drugs in a car aka matt jones

or selling pounds of drugs when u have a million dollar NFL contract like Lewis and Henry and Newton

it goes on and on

pure ignorance

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 03:21 PM

so black people from the ghetto expect their friends to disobey cops and take bullets for them?

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 03:26 PM

and see- there you go again. It's not Whitner's fault for doing something stupid- it's my fault for being from the suburbs.

And for the record, my parents bought the house I grew up in for under $100k and even now houses in that neighborhood are worth around $150-$175 k. So while I am from the 'burbs, we certainly weren't rich and neither were most of our friends and neighbors.

feldspar
04-16-2009, 03:35 PM
No, it's his fault for getting involved in a turf war

Isn't this exactly what he does for a living? Isn't it his JOB to get into turf wars every Sunday?

These guys basically don't operate in the so-called "real world." You have to see the mentality. Especially with the first round draft picks, you gotta think that a lot of these guys were shown preferential treatment maybe since they knew the meaning of the word responsibility. A guy like Whitner was probably taught from an early age to be as aggressive as possible...on the field. But it's probably kinda hard to separate on the field from off-the-field behavior for a 23-year-old.

Don't tread on me...when somebody attacks the guys on your "team," you don't back down.

I really don't think that this incident is going to amount to much of anything in terms of punishment by the law or the NFL.

justasportsfan
04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
what the hell was he going to do if the bullets start flying? He'd be dead along with his friends. .
oh puhlease. Stop over reacting. He can't even catch a rb/wr or intercept a football . No way he catches a bullet.

madness
04-16-2009, 03:40 PM
so black people from the ghetto expect their friends to disobey cops and take bullets for them?

It has less to do with color and more to do with lifestyle. People that come from less fortune circumstances tend to be closer than people that don't. That's just the truth. I've seen and experienced both sides in my lifetime.

As for cops and guns, they may scare some people but to those that are constantly dealing with it day in and out.... it's just another day at the office.

realdealryan
04-16-2009, 03:42 PM
oh puhlease. Stop over reacting. He can't even catch a rb/wr or intercept a football . No way he catches a bullet.
:lmao:

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 03:46 PM
It has less to do with color and more to do with lifestyle. People that come from less fortune circumstances tend to be closer than people that don't. That's just the truth. I've seen and experienced both sides in my lifetime.

As for cops and guns, they may scare some people but to those that are constantly dealing with it day in and out.... it's just another day at the office.

fair enough, but Whitner also has a responsibility to his teammates and when he puts himself in these kinds of situations, it has the potential to hurt the entire team. He could have been killed or injured- fortunately that didn't happen- and now there's a good chance he'll be suspended.

I understand that these are young kids who aren't used to having responsibility, and the NFL should probably do a better job of teaching these kids how to stay out of trouble. But at the end of the day, people are responsible for their own actions. Whitner got himself into a dangerous situation, disobeyed the cops, and attempted to get back into the dangerous situation. He needs to take responsibility for his actions and not be treated like some kind of martyr for doing those things.

feldspar
04-16-2009, 03:48 PM
fair enough, but Whitner also has a responsibility to his teammates and when he puts himself in these kinds of situations, it has the potential to hurt the entire team. He could have been killed or injured- fortunately that didn't happen- and now there's a good chance he'll be suspended.

I understand that these are young kids who aren't used to having responsibility, and the NFL should probably do a better job of teaching these kids how to stay out of trouble. But at the end of the day, people are responsible for their own actions. Whitner got himself into a dangerous situation, disobeyed the cops, and attempted to get back into the dangerous situation. He needs to take responsibility for his actions and not be treated like some kind of martyr for doing those things.

He put himself into a dangerous situation by going to his friend's birthday party?

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 03:51 PM
He put himself into a dangerous situation by going to his friend's birthday party?

for getting involved in the brawl when the "rivals" started showing up. For ****'s sake, the dude is 5 or 6 years removed from HS. Grow up and let it go.

madness
04-16-2009, 03:54 PM
and see- there you go again. It's not Whitner's fault for doing something stupid- it's my fault for being from the suburbs.

And for the record, my parents bought the house I grew up in for under $100k and even now houses in that neighborhood are worth around $150-$175 k. So while I am from the 'burbs, we certainly weren't rich and neither were most of our friends and neighbors.

No, it's your fault for being ignorant. What give you or anybody else the right to comment on things you know nothing about? Until you deal with constant run-ins with the law or have a gun pointed numerous times at your life, you know squat about the situation. All you can do is pretend to think you would do the right thing in that certain situation. It's not that easy.

Jan Reimers
04-16-2009, 03:56 PM
I think Whitner got what he deserved, regardless of his "back account."

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 03:59 PM
No, it's your fault for being ignorant. What give you or anybody else the right to comment on things you know nothing about? Until you deal with constant run-ins with the law or have a gun pointed numerous times at your life, you know squat about the situation. All you can do is pretend to think you would do the right thing in that certain situation. It's not that easy.

or know better than to get in that situation in the first place.

At the end of the day, background or not, people are responsible for their own actions. Whitner chose to go to the bar. Whitner chose to get involved in the brawl when it started. Whitner chose to disobey the cops. Whitner chose to attempt to go back in. I'm sure that Whitner and I would look at the situation differently since he's from the ghetto of Cleveland and I'm from the suburbs of Rochester, but that different viewpoint doesn't turn a bad decision into a good one.

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 04:00 PM

Your jest gellous cuz youre back account aint as big as his

madness
04-16-2009, 04:03 PM

There's no doubt about that. If my poor ass willingly disobeyed the cops, I'd expect the consequences just the same. There's no reason to cry about it.

acehole
04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
OK no big deal in my book.

Made yesturday at 4:21 pm E/T. Name is Eregitano

He was born in 1975, Dec 30, 1975. Has 6,869. Mainly sleeps on his right side in bed.

"So my brother is a Cleveland Police Officer and he was at the scene, but not one of the arresting officers. However he spoke directly to one of the arresting officers. Now this is from the police perspective keep in mind.

Anyway I thought it was pretty interesting to hear the story thought you all might enjoy it too."

I apologies for the 1st post. It was misleading.

Crisis
04-16-2009, 04:55 PM

yeah it sounds like the police are just tryin to hold down another rich young black man

feldspar
04-16-2009, 05:28 PM
for getting involved in the brawl when the "rivals" started showing up. For ****'s sake, the dude is 5 or 6 years removed from HS. Grow up and let it go.

You're right, dude.

He should have just ran away and abandoned his friends when the **** hit the fan. Also, if he's married, he should just let anyone call his wife a fat slut. Maybe, later on, he could do the smart thing by letting strangers berate and belittle his children in public and turn the other cheek when somebody kicks his dog for no reason.

Nevermind that anybody else would start some **** and then you would have to react to it. Just throw up your hands and say "I don't want any trouble, bro" every time and let other people do as they will with you. Don't stick up for your yourself or your buddies.

Don't give me any of this "he should have never put himself in that situation," because I don't think that it applies here. You don't know what actually happened, but it sounds like he was just reacting to what was happening around him and didn't want to be a punk, which is exactly what you are accusing him of being it sounds like.

If you think that it's always the right thing to do is to look out for #1, then I'm not going to send you a birthday card this year. And if you assume that he deserved to be tased just because he was, then God bless you.

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 05:33 PM
You're right, dude.

He should have just ran away and abandoned his friends when the **** hit the fan. Also, if he's married, he should just let anyone call his wife a fat slut. Maybe, later on, he could do the smart thing by letting strangers berate and belittle his children in public and turn the other cheek when somebody kicks his dog for no reason.

Nevermind that anybody else would start some **** and then you would have to react to it. Just throw up your hands and say "I don't want any trouble, bro" every time and let other people do as they will with you. Don't stick up for your yourself or your buddies.

Don't give me any of this "he should have never put himself in that situation," because I don't think that it applies here. You don't know what actually happened, but it sounds like he was just reacting to what was happening around him and didn't want to be a punk, which is exactly what you are accusing him of being it sounds like.

If you think that it's always the right thing to do is to look out for #1, then I'm not going to send you a birthday card this year. And if you assume that he deserved to be tased just because he was, then God bless you.

Yeah, that's right- his only two options were to run away like a punk and to act like a thug.

And anyone who's 23 and lets someone else dis their HIGH SCHOOL is a punk.

feldspar
04-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, that's right- his only two options were to run away like a punk and to act like a thug.

And anyone who's 23 and lets someone else dis their HIGH SCHOOL is a punk.

Was there a third choice in your mind?

The guys I went to high school with are STILL my best friends, and I'm 37.

There was a fight breaking out. If it was Ginn's party, it sounds like the other guys were the bad guys because it sounds like they came there uninvited to cause trouble. Don't know, but that could be the case.

And he acted like a thug how? Because he was tased? I didn't know that the cops were always right.

BillsOwnAll
04-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Op i want to meet the 23 year old you and starting talking smack to you and your buddies,when your out at a bar(which normal 23 year olds do) and see what you do.

I mean i dont agree with all of whitners actions. But theres fights every night. IN every city. Just when me and you get in one it doesnt get blown up on ESPN.com. Lets the man live his life. He wasnt shooting anybody. He was sticking up for himself.

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Was there a third choice in your mind?

The guys I went to high school with are STILL my best friends, and I'm 37.

There was a fight breaking out. If it was Ginn's party, it sounds like the other guys were the bad guys because it sounds like they came there uninvited to cause trouble. Don't know, but that could be the case.

And he acted like a thug how? Because he was tased? I didn't know that the cops were always right.

it had nothing to do with friends- it had to do with guys starting **** because they went to different high schools. It's stupid to fight over that **** when you're still in HS, let alone when you're 23 and a millionaire.

I wasn't there, I don't know what the specifics were- but it seems to me like **** was starting outside and he could have stayed inside. I don't know and neither do you, so it's stupid of you to assume he had no other choice.

Getting in a bar brawl, having a turf war over high schools, disobeying the cops- what part of that is NOT acting like a thug?

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Op i want to meet the 23 year old you and starting talking smack to you and your buddies,when your out at a bar(which normal 23 year olds do) and see what you do.

I mean i dont agree with all of whitners actions. But theres fights every night. IN every city. Just when me and you get in one it doesnt get blown up on ESPN.com. Lets the man live his life. He wasnt shooting anybody. He was sticking up for himself.

here we go again- Donte gets in a fight and everyone rushes to his defense. "He was sticking up for himself." Just STFU with that crap. What happened to being the better man and walking away? Oooh- some thugs he went to high school with might call him a punk- who cares? In 5 minutes he'll be driving his luxury car back to his mansion.

This wasn't just a typical fight. It was a borderline riot in which Whitner was involved. And then he thought he was Superman and could save his friends from bullets, so he disobeyed the cops. Again, I wasn't there so I don't know if the tasing is justified, but that's still just plain stupid.

And you know what? When most 23 year olds fight, there are consequences. They get hurt, they get charged with disorderly conduct or possibly assault- fines, community service, etc. Why? Because regardless of the reason, fighting in a bar is a stupid, dangerous thing to do and society imposes consequences for it. Whitner's no exception.

Why can't people just admit it when this guy ****s up and call it what it is? Whether it's a bar brawl, a late hit, or just poor play on the field, everyone rushes to this guy's defense. God forbid anyone admits that Saint Donte did something wrong.

TigerJ
04-16-2009, 08:12 PM
This story sounds pretty reasonable. If it happened as this account relates, I can have some sympathy for Whitner. If I feared for the lives of my friends, I would be tempted to do whatever it took to help. It wasn't the most reasoned or intelligent response. My guess is the judge will hand out a relatively mild penalty and Goodell will let him off with a warning.

Sounds likek he came from a rough part of town.

Block "O"
04-16-2009, 08:16 PM
here we go again- Donte gets in a fight and everyone rushes to his defense. "He was sticking up for himself." Just STFU with that crap. What happened to being the better man and walking away? Oooh- some thugs he went to high school with might call him a punk- who cares? In 5 minutes he'll be driving his luxury car back to his mansion.

This wasn't just a typical fight. It was a borderline riot in which Whitner was involved. And then he thought he was Superman and could save his friends from bullets, so he disobeyed the cops. Again, I wasn't there so I don't know if the tasing is justified, but that's still just plain stupid.

And you know what? When most 23 year olds fight, there are consequences. They get hurt, they get charged with disorderly conduct or possibly assault- fines, community service, etc. Why? Because regardless of the reason, fighting in a bar is a stupid, dangerous thing to do and society imposes consequences for it. Whitner's no exception.

Why can't people just admit it when this guy ****s up and call it what it is? Whether it's a bar brawl, a late hit, or just poor play on the field, everyone rushes to this guy's defense. God forbid anyone admits that Saint Donte did something wrong.

Still bitter over that Ohio State beat down in the Fiesta Bowl? LMAO

feldspar
04-16-2009, 08:27 PM
it had nothing to do with friends- it had to do with guys starting **** because they went to different high schools. It's stupid to fight over that **** when you're still in HS, let alone when you're 23 and a millionaire.

If his friends were in a fight, how is it not about friends? Please explain how that is possible. It's stupid to fight over just about anything. One reason is as good as another a lot of the time. I wasn't all grown up at 23, were you? Whitner is only 23, about 5 years removed from high school age normally. When you graduate high school, do you just push a button and turn it all off? If the other guy starts it, it doesn't matter if he's pushing you because of old high school issues or the color of your shirt...he's pushing you.

I wasn't there, I don't know what the specifics were.

Yet you make a harsh character judgment about it.

but it seems to me like **** was starting outside and he could have stayed inside. I don't know and neither do you, so it's stupid of you to assume he had no other choice..

"Should have stayed inside." Now why didn't I think of that? Oh, yeah...it's because that's ridiculous. I never said he had no other choice, only that I wouldn't fault him for sticking up for his buddies if that is the case.

Getting in a bar brawl, having a turf war over high schools, disobeying the cops- what part of that is NOT acting like a thug?

I don't believe he ever hit anybody, so don't say he got into a brawl. I also don't believe it was his idea for a fight to start in any way, either, so don't act as though he was responsible and not just reacting to somebody else's stupidity. Finally, have you ever dealt with the cops? They are just people themselves too, you know, and just as susceptable to making erroneous snap judgments. Get that image out of your head of Whitner irrationally running amuck in the streets, because that's probably not close to what happened.

You ain't a thug because you have the instinct to hit back.

feldspar
04-16-2009, 08:40 PM
here we go again- Donte gets in a fight and everyone rushes to his defense. "He was sticking up for himself." Just STFU with that crap. What happened to being the better man and walking away?

What would you do if you were drinking at a bar with your best friend and somebody walked up behind him and slapped him in the head? What if you both tried to walk away, but the guy kept slappin? Turn tail and flee? Gimme a break.

Oooh- some thugs he went to high school with might call him a punk- who cares?.

Is that what happened?

In 5 minutes he'll be driving his luxury car back to his mansion.

With a few less friends and a lot less self respect, perhaps.

**** happens, and **** happened here. Again, I don't think Whitner was actually involved in the fight from what I hear. Sounds like you just plain don't like Whitner and now have an excuse to let loose on him. What I want to know is that, if this was a "near riot," who else got arrested? Somebody else must have been arrested if it was as bad as they say. "Saving his friends from bullets;" don't be silly. Could be that he wanted to get past the cops to talk some sense into some people for all we know.

Was Whitner involved in fight? Did I miss it? Cuz I don't recall any reports that said he was hit or hit anybody else.

I have a lot to say about Whitner's play on the field because I saw it with my own two eyes. What I've also seen with my own two eyes was my friends getting into messy situations through no fault of their own and cops acting irrationally. And I wouldn't have to defend Whitner if nobody attacked him...from what I've heard so far, this doesn't sound all that bad.

sdbillsfan2
04-16-2009, 09:17 PM
"Several fights broke out at the House of Blues, and police who arrived around 3 a.m. found a near-riot. Police tried to control the crowd and told Whitner to stay back. He then forced his way past police and began swinging his arms in an aggressive manner. When officers restrained him, Whitner broke free and took a fighting stance, police said.
That's when police used a Taser on Whitner and handcuffed him.
Whitner was apologetic.
"I regret the incident that occurred last evening," Whitner said in a statement. "It's not how I wish to conduct myself. And I apologize to all those involved.""

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1239525102208450.xml&coll=2

My question is , if he did NOTHING wrong, why would he apologize?

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 09:21 PM
"Several fights broke out at the House of Blues, and police who arrived around 3 a.m. found a near-riot. Police tried to control the crowd and told Whitner to stay back. He then forced his way past police and began swinging his arms in an aggressive manner. When officers restrained him, Whitner broke free and took a fighting stance, police said.
That's when police used a Taser on Whitner and handcuffed him.
Whitner was apologetic.
"I regret the incident that occurred last evening," Whitner said in a statement. "It's not how I wish to conduct myself. And I apologize to all those involved.""

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1239525102208450.xml&coll=2

BINGO!

Just once, can we admit that this guy did something wrong? Why does everyone feel the need to defend him ad nauseum, even when he PERSONALLY ADMITS that he ****ed up?

Saint Donte is NOT above scrutiny and some of you need to stop ****ing acting like it.

Goobylal
04-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Eregitano's bro made no mention of the "swinging his arms in an aggressive manner" and "[taking] a fighting stance." Is this a cop excuse for tasing someone and/or arresting them for "disorderly conduct," much like searching a car because you allegedly smell smoke and see pot, but can't be bothered to charge someone for it? Just wondering.

Look, I have a lot less of a problem with the case than if Whitner has started it and got tased for no reason. And the notion that the cops tased him "for his own good" is ridiculous. If you've ever seen someone being tased, they go down, hard, all the while convulsing. People have died from being tased. What would have been better is restraining him and cuffing him. Or maybe the officers tasing the melee participants.

feldspar
04-16-2009, 10:47 PM

PR.

Damage Control.

...in his best interests.

Once they get you, they won't let go. If they wrongfully convict you and let you out of jail 20 years later, don't even expect an apology. Unquestioned authority is a terribly scary thing, and I don't trust it for one second.

If I was in his situation and didn't do anything wrong, I'd apologize too. What's the alternative? Fight the system? Why? How? Go to trial? Sue the cops? People that believe he did something horrendously wrong will only change their minds if the cops acutally apologized or admitted to being in the wrong...don't expect that to happen without a hell of a fight. It's not worth it. The better thing to do is play nice, and they'll let you go.

I don't see this incident as being serious in the least, so people shouldn't get their panties in a bunch over it. When it was happening, the smart thing would have been to do what the cops said, but how much intelligence happens within the chaos of a "near riot," whatever that means. What it sounds like is that Whitner's "crime" happened within a span of no more than ten seconds, maybe significantly less. Probably every judgment involved was a snap judgment.

The smart thing to do at this point is to tell them what they want to hear and walk away. Leave well enough alone.

sdbillsfan2
04-16-2009, 11:11 PM
PR.

Damage Control.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sorry my friend ...I don't buy it. !!! If the man wasn't in the wrong, the first thing he would yell would be "set up ". But he apologized and said it's not how he wants to conduct himself.
Listen,it was 3 in the morning , in a part of downtown Cleveland known for late night adventures like this. I'm sure they weren't drinking Lemonade, and he was sticking up for his bud, fine ....But the cop told him to back off ..he didn't . When he got his Ass buzzed , and thought about it , he had to realize HE was in the wrong . He's suppose to be a professional football player , with character.

What troubles me the most is he will probably get off with a slap on the wrist . If it was you or me ...forget it..

Think about it ...Do you really think he apologized because it was good for PR ? Or maybe, just maybe, through it all , he realized he was wrong.

sdbillsfan2
04-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Beside what I just said , where are all the witness testimony stated he was tazed for nothing ?

Listen.... I could really care less, people get caught up in this crap everyday.
10 years from now , I'll most likely forget about Donte Whitner anyway. If I do remember him , I'd rather not remember him as a punk!

feldspar
04-16-2009, 11:35 PM
PR.

Damage Control.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sorry my friend ...I don't buy it. !!! If the man wasn't in the wrong, the first thing he would yell would be "set up ". But he apologized and said it's not how he wants to conduct himself.
Listen,it was 3 in the morning , in a part of downtown Cleveland known for late night adventures like this. I'm sure they weren't drinking Lemonade, and he was sticking up for his bud, fine ....But the cop told him to back off ..he didn't . When he got his Ass buzzed , and thought about it , he had to realize HE was in the wrong . He's suppose to be a professional football player , with character.

What troubles me the most is he will probably get off with a slap on the wrist . If it was you or me ...forget it..

Think about it ...Do you really think he apologized because it was good for PR ? Or maybe, just maybe, through it all , he realized he was wrong.

Look, I'm not defending Whitner because I think that he did absolutely nothing wrong. I'm defending him because I think what he did (as I understand it) was no big deal. I have no doubt whatsoever that he was drinking, just as I had no doubt that Lynch was drinking before he hit that woman with his car.

Regardless of whatever the hell happened, I think that apologizing was the smart thing to do. Do you realize how much effort and money it would take to prove the authorities were at fault? I will not concede to the idea that he deserved to be tased just because he was tased, though. I think the cops said "stop...stop" and then went "tase" in a situation that was pretty out of hand.

Beside what I just said , where are all the witness testimony stated he was tazed for nothing ?

Where is ANY witness testimony saying that Whitner actually deserved to be tased? For that matter, where is there a record of anything else besides what happened to Whitner in this situation that they were calling a "near riot?" What exactly can be classified as a near riot, and, if there was one, why isn't there a whole slew of people that were arrested besides ole' Donte?

Don't cross the line...don't cross the line...ZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!1

BillsOwnAll
04-16-2009, 11:35 PM
For all we know he went back into the brawl to get his friends outta there because he knew it was in a bad situation. Op have you ever seen one of your friends doing something dumb and you momentarily did something dumb to stop him? You say you dont know the details, but your sure talking like you know everything.

Im not running to whitners defense here, im just saying dont act like you know everything when you know very little about the situation.

Now your going to come back with this big speech with your fancy words to try to impress everyone but clearly 99% of the people are against you in the topic. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but everyone is also entitled to admitted there wrong.

sdbillsfan2
04-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Well , I'm just going to leave you all to your own conclusions . And on that note, I'll do what what Donte' should have done in the first place , back my arse out of gracefully.

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 08:53 AM
For all we know he went back into the brawl to get his friends outta there because he knew it was in a bad situation. Op have you ever seen one of your friends doing something dumb and you momentarily did something dumb to stop him? You say you dont know the details, but your sure talking like you know everything.

Im not running to whitners defense here, im just saying dont act like you know everything when you know very little about the situation.

Now your going to come back with this big speech with your fancy words to try to impress everyone but clearly 99% of the people are against you in the topic. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but everyone is also entitled to admitted there wrong.

Well your math is a little off if you think 99% of the people are against me, but I'll go with it for now.

I just want to know why 99% of the people take the opinion that Saint Donte can do no wrong. The guy himself admitted that he ****ed up yet people still defend him. Just admit that he ****ed up and move on. Stop defending the guy endlessly. It's nauseating.

Block "O"
04-17-2009, 09:35 AM
LOL these Donte haters are hillarious. You'd think he banged their wife. :hump:

justasportsfan
04-17-2009, 09:38 AM
I agree. They shouldn't worry about that.It's not Whitner has proven to be able to cover/plug holes, or hit the holes that would make him good in the sack department.

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 09:40 AM

:rolleyes:

You Donte lovers are infuriating. If you could take your nose out of his ass you'd see that he's pretty average on the field and he causes trouble off of it. But he's Saint Donte so we can't EVER say anything bad about him. If he did bang my wife, you guys would just say that he did me a favor by making sure she was in a good mood when I got home.

Block "O"
04-17-2009, 10:00 AM
:rolleyes:

You Donte lovers are infuriating. If you could take your nose out of his ass you'd see that he's pretty average on the field and he causes trouble off of it. But he's Saint Donte so we can't EVER say anything bad about him. If he did bang my wife, you guys would just say that he did me a favor by making sure she was in a good mood when I got home.

Saint Donte? Do you think thats what they will put on the Bills wall of fame? :roflmao:

Mr. Pink
04-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Let's see...

Donte Whitner was involved in a fracas at a bar.

He went outside and went apes*** to try and get back in.

He outright disobeyed police orders.

He likely was verbally abusive towards the officers as well.

And you wonder why he got Tased?

Seriously?

You or me, in the same very situation, also would have been tased. Get off your delusions that because he wears the colors, the police did some incredible wrong and Donte did everything right ideals.

henrybacker
04-17-2009, 04:19 PM
who is the bigger liar, the one passing this off as his own account or the supposed professor who spells "site" "cite"