PDA

View Full Version : Personal scheduling quirk

Patrick76777
04-16-2009, 06:55 PM
I went to a hand full of games pre-1987. Half the home games in 87, 88 and 89 and I've only missed 3 home games from 1990 to present.

That's a lot of games.

As most of you already know, Tampa Bay has never played here. It's the only team that I've never seen play so it's kinda exciting that they'll be here for week 2. Of course, most of us have not seen a Bills v. Bucs game so it's not that big of a story.

But there are only 2 teams that I have never seen the Bills beat. Tampa Bay of course being one of them. The other team is the Saints. I've seen them twice and we've lost both (89 and 01).

Not only are they both coming here, but they're coming in back to back weeks at the start of the season. So it's possible that after all of these years, I MAY be able to knock out both of them within 7 days.

idk, I think it's neat.

Scumbag College
04-16-2009, 07:08 PM
I think it's crazy how the Bucs have never played in Buffalo after over thirty years in the league. I wonder how many teams go 30+ years without visiting a city. With the new schedule and divisions, each out of division team in the same conference are guaranteed to play every third year. Out of conference teams are scheduled to play each other every fourth.

I know there isn't a conspiracy (or is there?!?!?!?!) to keep the Bucs out of Buffalo, just one of those scheduling quirks.

OpIv37
04-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Buc- maybe.

Saints are gonna kill us.

Night Train
04-16-2009, 07:12 PM
I can't wait to see Leroy Selmon.

Patrick76777
04-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Buc- maybe.

Didn't the Saints finish 8-8 last year?

BAM
04-16-2009, 09:21 PM
That is pretty cool Patrick! I was at that game in 2001 vs. the Saints. It was the first one I took my wife (girlfriend then) to. I specifically remember Slob Johnson throwing 3 picks to the SAME PERSON. Sammy Knight?

Patrick76777
04-16-2009, 09:24 PM
That is pretty cool Patrick! I was at that game in 2001 vs. the Saints. It was the first one I took my wife (girlfriend then) to. I specifically remember Slob Johnson throwing 3 picks to the SAME PERSON. Sammy Knight?

That game was just before or after 9/11. I wanna say it was 2 days before.

BAM
04-16-2009, 09:26 PM
I don't remember either but I think it was just before because didn't they cancel week 2 games that year?

I hope everything works out for you and you get the two wins. That'd be huge.

BAM
04-16-2009, 09:29 PM
You were right... 2 days before.

I still have a bunch of scans in my computer from that game. Sigh.. I kinda miss the red endzones. :(

Patrick76777
04-16-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't remember either but I think it was just before because didn't they cancel week 2 games that year?

I hope everything works out for you and you get the two wins. That'd be huge.

Yeah, esp since it may be 8 years before they both come back. THat is if they keep the same schedule format. I know that this was the last year of the original format.

I think Ricky Williams had a big day during that Saints game in 01.

Patrick76777
04-16-2009, 09:33 PM
You were right... 2 days before.

I still have a bunch of scans in my computer from that game. Sigh.. I kinda miss the red endzones. :(

Same here. Loved the Red Endzones.

BAM
04-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Really? I wasn't aware of a new schedule format. Interesting!

Romes
04-16-2009, 09:50 PM
That 2001 game against the Saints was the first Bills game I'd ever been to. Flew out back to the west coast via Boston on the 10th...

Patrick76777
04-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Really? I wasn't aware of a new schedule format. Interesting!

Well when they did the first one it was for 8 years. 2002 to 2009. So I don't know if they'll just keep it rolling or re-do it. I haven't heard anything about it. But I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2009, 12:15 AM
Buc- maybe.

LOL you are too much that Juggernaut 8-8 Saints team will blow us out of the water at home... :puke:

Ginger Vitis
04-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Interesting.. the Bucs won one more game than the Saints last year but its the saints who will blow us out

Ingtar33
04-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Didn't the Saints finish 8-8 last year?

yes.. and they were pretty bad on the road.

BUT

The Saints are exactly the type of team that kills us. They're extremely unbalanced, they do one thing very well... and frankly, we do nothing particularly well. I could see the saints hammering us for a 20+ point win in our own barn.

It's just the identity of this team. The saints will probably put 21 up in the first quarter, and cruse the rest of the way.

The bucs on the other hand don't do anything particularly well (their defense is good, but not great)... that's the type of team we seem to be able to hang with fairly well. Expect a much closer game when the bucs come north, even if they end up with a better record then NO

DrGraves
04-17-2009, 10:55 AM
I dont want to burst your bubble but this is a bad bad bills team we have in front of us. we have a ton of problems, suspensions, hold outs, holes, inexperience, no depth, and poor coaching. We will be lucky to win 2 games all season, let alone 2 games back to back.

zone
04-17-2009, 11:29 AM
I dont want to burst your bubble but this is a bad bad bills team we have in front of us. we have a ton of problems, suspensions, hold outs, holes, inexperience, no depth, and poor coaching. We will be lucky to win 2 games all season, let alone 2 games back to back.
People said the same thing before last season and we started 5-1, obviously the outcome was still piss poor, but the thing is you just never know.

Some teams that are suppose to be good end up sucking (Dallas, New Orleans) and other teams that are suppose to suck end up doing well (Arizona, Atlanta).

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2009, 11:36 AM
yes.. and they were pretty bad on the road.

BUT

The Saints are exactly the type of team that kills us. They're extremely unbalanced, they do one thing very well... and frankly, we do nothing particularly well. I could see the saints hammering us for a 20+ point win in our own barn.

It's just the identity of this team. The saints will probably put 21 up in the first quarter, and cruse the rest of the way.

The bucs on the other hand don't do anything particularly well (their defense is good, but not great)... that's the type of team we seem to be able to hang with fairly well. Expect a much closer game when the bucs come north, even if they end up with a better record then NO
We will beat them both.

Patrick76777
04-22-2009, 10:10 AM

Hey thanks for trying to soften the blow Graves! But I've been watching football for a LONG time. I think I can figure things out.

THATHURMANATOR
04-22-2009, 10:12 AM
What life must be like to be so freaking negative.

If you seriously think this is a 2-14 team I can't take any of your advice seriously.

a 6-10 to 9-7 team sure.

Patrick76777
09-23-2009, 08:09 AM
One down and one to go.

I know it doesn't mean much in the long run, but it would be cool to have seen the Bills beat every team in the league in person.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2009, 08:19 AM
One down and one to go.

I know it doesn't mean much in the long run, but it would be cool to have seen the Bills beat every team in the league in person.
We will do it Sunday. The crowd is going to be INSANE.

mybills
09-23-2009, 08:27 AM
I don't remember seeing this thread in April. :doh:

It'll take a miracle to beat NO, but I hope we do! :pray:

Ground Chuck
09-23-2009, 11:38 PM
A little bit of wind would slow them down.

Could have sworn that the Saints have played in Buffalo before, maybe even in the Rockpile

trapezeus
09-24-2009, 03:10 PM
he never saw them beat the saints. Saints have definitely played in buffalo. i remember in the early 90's we played and lost at home which was stunning. but it was snowing and the bills actually didn't have a lot on the line with that game.

i think this one could be very competitive.