PDA

View Full Version : More games in Toronto?

DMBcrew36
04-17-2009, 09:45 AM
More confirmation of our fears:

"It's hard to say when and where it will happen, but over time we hope there'll be more games here in Toronto, and the [Buffalo Bills] hope there'll be more games here."
- Rogers Communicatons

http://www.wgr550.com/More-games-in-Toronto-/4221167

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 09:47 AM
we better win the Super Bowl this year or next year because once the uncapped year hits, there's no guarantee that we will have a team.

trapezeus
04-17-2009, 09:49 AM
it's kind of ingenius how they are doing this. Slowly moving the team out. They moved one game. We're angry. we watch anyways, they are still our bills.

They'll move two at somepoint, we'll be angry, we'll watch anyways, they'll be our bills.

before you know it, they'll play everything in toronto, we'll be angry, but we'll be conditioned to it and still watch the games.

if they just moved the team now, we'd probably stop watching all together. i know i would.

I could be bought at this point if they move all the games to Toronto but go with the Angels naming convention. The Buffalo Bills of Toronto. if they go to a new name and new colors and go by toronto something, then i'm out.

Jan Reimers
04-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I didn't mind one game in Toronto, nor did I see it as the beginning of the end. But if a second game migrates up there, I think we will all be able to see the writing on the wall.

DMBcrew36
04-17-2009, 09:55 AM
it's kind of ingenius how they are doing this. Slowly moving the team out. They moved one game. We're angry. we watch anyways, they are still our bills.

They'll move two at somepoint, we'll be angry, we'll watch anyways, they'll be our bills.

before you know it, they'll play everything in toronto, we'll be angry, but we'll be conditioned to it and still watch the games.

if they just moved the team now, we'd probably stop watching all together. i know i would.

I could be bought at this point if they move all the games to Toronto but go with the Angels naming convention. The Buffalo Bills of Toronto. if they go to a new name and new colors and go by toronto something, then i'm out.

That's pretty much what they would be doing - a slow withdrawl to their new city. And if Ralph died tomorrow they'd certainly be first in line due to their relationship with the organization and all the research they've done in efforts to prove that they're a viable NFL market.

It's just sad because the Bills organization still continues to take our money and thinks we're too dumb to know what's going on. We know what's going on, but what are we going to do? We can't stop it.

And it all comes to money. I don't understand why they keep ticket prices so low here to begin with. Raise the ticket prices if it allows the team to stay here - though I know big money is in corporate boxes, which we can't support. And though I know its not that simple, I think we'd all be willing to pay more if it ensured keeping the team. Of course, the Bills are such a crap team, I don't think the tickets are worth more than $50 on most afternoons.

DMBcrew36
04-17-2009, 09:57 AM
we better win the Super Bowl this year or next year because once the uncapped year hits, there's no guarantee that we will have a team.

Jauron would be our savior - how ironic considering what we currently think of him.

Throne Logic
04-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Don't forget the NFL is planning to convert 1 or 2 preseason games to regular season. I'm sure this comes into play with these comments.

don137
04-17-2009, 10:03 AM
If they actually had Bills fans up in Toronto that went to the game and cheered loudly for the Bills I would not have a problem with one game there. However, that was probably one of the most quiet games I have ever seen. As a Bills fan I was embarassed and Toronto should be embarassed because they did not represent the team well. To think of more games there is a travesty.

Cntrygal
04-17-2009, 11:23 AM
I have no interest watching any of the games in Toronto, Mexico, England, Germany or anywhere else. It'll just open up more ski dates for me.

zone
04-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Hopefully we will see big markets struggle with leasing those corporate boxes (although I doubt it) with this struggling economy.

If that is the case then the business model would start to change where they would actually have to fill the seats and Buffalo is pretty good at that.

zone
04-17-2009, 11:37 AM
If they actually had Bills fans up in Toronto that went to the game and cheered loudly for the Bills I would not have a problem with one game there. However, that was probably one of the most quiet games I have ever seen. As a Bills fan I was embarassed and Toronto should be embarassed because they did not represent the team well. To think of more games there is a travesty.
Probably one of the reasons for getting TO. Now they have a superstar that fans of the NFL can cheer for, not just Bills fans.