PDA

View Full Version : Ok so we pick at #28 overall now...

Italian Stallion
04-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Regardless what you think of the Peters trade (i believe we got raped) now who do you think were targeting at this pick?

I'm thinking we grab Oher at 11 and then take BPA at this selection...maybe Laurinitis?

ddaryl
04-17-2009, 12:54 PM
that's the way I see it.

Oher can play either T position or G so he gives us th eability to move people around until we find the best fit...

BUT we still need more OL in this draft, and OL that can compete for starting spots ASAP. Not OL that are projects

Kenny
04-17-2009, 12:55 PM
The question is... Do we try and package something together and move into the Top10 for Smith or possibly Monroe?

psubills62
04-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I honestly don't think people should be counting on Oher being there at 11. I'm betting we either have to take Andre Smith at 11 (if he's even there), or hope that Britton or Beatty fall to 28.

The 49ers are reportedly in LOVE with Oher, and they gave up 55 sacks last year. Don't count on us being able to draft him.

Mr. Pink
The 28th pick?

Alex Mack C

Dr. Lecter
Take one of the OTs at 11. Hope Ayers falls to 28.

DrGraves
04-17-2009, 12:58 PM
TRADE UP FOR CURRY. NO EXCUSES

SquishDaFish
04-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Ayers at 11 and Mack at 28

kernowboy
04-17-2009, 01:01 PM
I think Oher is over rated.

Smallish, not exactly top draw in pass protection either.

Personally I would go DE at No11 - Everette Brown

and then look to move up at No28 and draft either William Beatty or Eben Britton.

Even if we don't move up I think both Jamon Meredith or Gerald Cadogan will be available at No42 and both could easily start from Day1

My preferred option would be

R1a Everette Brown DE
R1b William Beatty LT (move up slightly using extra 4th rounder)
R2 Jarron Gilbert E/T

but I would be quite happy with

R1a Everette Brown DE
R1b James Laurinitas LB
R2 Gerald Cadogan LT

and why no TE? Well after the combine I think Dan Gronkowski might be the most underrated TE in the draft and if we nab him with a R4, we have a Buffalo bred boy who may well surprise everyone.

We must bring in players who hate the QB and want to get to him. Both Brown and Gilbert know how to do that, and moving Gilbert inside on passing downs would make our D just horrible for the opposition.

clumping platelets
04-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Simtim :nod:

streetkings01
04-17-2009, 01:08 PM
The question is... Do we try and package something together and move into the Top10 for Smith or possibly Monroe?That would make no sense at all.....none! You dont trade a pro bowl LT, get a 1st rd pick for him and then try and trade into the top 10 to take another LT! Thats like the Cardinals trading Boldin for a 1st and then trading both first to move up and take Crabtree.....just dumb!

clumping platelets
04-17-2009, 01:08 PM
No thanks to trading up...........stay at #11

Mahdi
04-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Regardless what you think of the Peters trade (i believe we got raped) now who do you think were targeting at this pick?

I'm thinking we grab Oher at 11 and then take BPA at this selection...maybe Laurinitis?
Lawrence Sidbury at 28. Ayers if he falls that far. English is a possibility.

jamze132
04-17-2009, 01:19 PM
I would not be mad to take two O-lineman in the first round. Might as well, unless we can still get our C in RD2.

But #11 needs to be the best O-lineman available now.

Kenny
04-17-2009, 01:20 PM
That would make no sense at all.....none! You dont trade a pro bowl LT, get a 1st rd pick for him and then try and trade into the top 10 to take another LT! Thats like the Cardinals trading Boldin for a 1st and then trading both first to move up and take Crabtree.....just dumb!

Im not saying that we should do it, but there's a big difference between trading Peters in order to get a 1st round pick and trading Peters because he didnt want to play in Buffalo anymore.

Fact is, -we lost a damn good player. Most likely our best in a long time. I dont give a **** about the stats people pull up about last year. We all know what he's capable of doing. You dont make the probowl if you suck. He was in because people outside of the Bills knew how good he was in 2007.

So if you're willing to grab Oher @ 11, and you feel Smith or Monroe is significantly better than Oher, and either one is available a few picks ahead of us, -what's so dumb about trading up for one of them to fill arguably the 2nd most valuable position in this sport?

Mahdi
04-17-2009, 01:21 PM
I would not be mad to take two O-lineman in the first round. Might as well, unless we can still get our C in RD2.

But #11 needs to be the best O-lineman available now.
Why 2 OL? We only need 1 OT and an interior OL is best found in the 3rd or 4th.

jamze132
04-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Why 2 OL? We only need 1 OT and an interior OL is best found in the 3rd or 4th.
Whatever. We have no depth at O-line. If I can draft a guy like Oher and Mack or Unger, it will go a long way towards rebuilding our O-line as quickly as possible.

We have no LT, no LG, and no C. Obviously you can plug Hangartner at either LG or C, but you still have two vacancies. Might as well get the best while they are still available. We can shoot for a DE in RD2.

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2009, 01:30 PM
TRADE UP FOR CURRY. NO EXCUSES
They aren't going to do that of course and why would they?

We now have 3 huge holes to fill, cant trade away all our picks now.

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2009, 01:31 PM
how the hell did we at least not get the 1st, first round pick?

DRELOVESBills
04-17-2009, 01:38 PM
guys don't forget levitre will be around in the 2nd-3rd rounds and he is a decent player!!

kernowboy
04-17-2009, 01:39 PM
We also have Seth Mckinney signed who has been a decent starter at C and Hartgartner has also played at LG.

We could easily start Walker-Hartgartner-McKinney-Butler-Chambers and have a solid OL

Mahdi
04-17-2009, 01:50 PM
We also have Seth Mckinney signed who has been a decent starter at C and Hartgartner has also played at LG.

We could easily start Walker-Hartgartner-McKinney-Butler-Chambers and have a solid OL
That OL would get eaten alive.

Walker and Chambers cannot match up against the 3-4 speed rushers in our division.

Kenny
04-17-2009, 02:08 PM
http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50272594/Tripod_Turnstile.jpg

justasportsfan
04-17-2009, 02:14 PM

we owned the fins when Mckinney was with them. Our D wasn't even all that great then. I don't think their garbage is worth nothing more than depth.

Philagape
04-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Mack is everything you want in a football player. He can anchor a line for years (or at least until the Bills let him leave).
The only downside is making sure you get a good DE (or LT if one isn't drafted in the first) in the second round or later. Maybe Kruger.

psubills62
04-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Mack is everything you want in a football player. He can anchor a line for years (or at least until the Bills let him leave).
The only downside is making sure you get a good DE (or LT if one isn't drafted in the first) in the second round or later. Maybe Kruger.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if they went:

11. Robert Ayers
28. Alex Mack/Max Unger
42. Duke Robinson/Andy Levitre

Then got a tackle in the 4th round or so. The Bills may be satisfied with Walker/Chambers/Bell as the tackles for most of the season, who knows.

Philagape
04-17-2009, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't be all that surprised if they went:

11. Robert Ayers
28. Alex Mack/Max Unger
42. Duke Robinson/Andy Levitre

Then got a tackle in the 4th round or so. The Bills may be satisfied with Walker/Chambers/Bell as the tackles for most of the season, who knows.

I like those guys, but I'd be nervous without drafting a tackle. They signed two interior OL FAs, so one is enough in the draft

HHURRICANE
04-17-2009, 02:58 PM

People read the post again, and again, and again. The guy is 100% right. If Oher is there than that's who we are taking. End of story.