• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Let's call this what it is....

We are officially REBUILDING, yet AGAIN.

We just moved a franchise LT for a bunch of draft picks. Translation: this team doesn't anticipate being good for at least two more seasons.

No LT, No LG, another team's back up at C, no OL depth, terrible DE's, big hole at OLB. There is no way that can be handled in one draft- it's impossible.

We are set at RB, WR, and CB and one S slot (yes, I am talking about Whitner, believe it or not). Every other position on this team is at best a question mark and at worst a glaring hole.

Why even bother with signing Terrell Owens? We have an inexperienced QB and no one to protect him.

This team is just pathetic.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Let's call this what it is....

Then again, it might just mean they want to put an end to the JP fiasco and move onto bigger and better things...

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
      Then again, it might just mean they want to put an end to the JP fiasco and move onto bigger and better things...
      well they won't be moving on to anything for a while.

Face it- we're going into the draft with 4 major holes, limited depth (at best) and a ton of picks. That's called "rebuilding."
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

with all due respect Typo, what has this FO done to show you they are capable of moving on to bigger and better things? I hope they do this season but consider the teams in the division we're in are also moving on to bigger and better things that already have a headstart over us with move proven FO and staff than us.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Didn't you already post a similar thread? But ok I'll bite. It doesn't have anything to do with rebuilding or not. We had 3 choices, tell me which the Bills should have done:
          1) completely cave in to Peters demands and make him the highest paid LT in the game.
          2) refuse to cave in but continue to try to sign him to a fair contract, which he would refuse to sign, hold out again, distract the team and have another mediocre season.
          3) move the beotch for the best offer we could get.

We chose option 3. What would you have done? BTW, NE won their 1st SB with a rookie 2nd round pick at LT. Peters can be replaced.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

To be honest, I am glad that that douche is gone. Last year, was he really that good? I think anyone we pick at #28 to fill his spot will be just as productive his first year as Peters was last year.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
              Didn't you already post a similar thread? But ok I'll bite. It doesn't have anything to do with rebuilding or not. We had 3 choices, tell me which the Bills should have done:
              1) completely cave in to Peters demands and make him the highest paid LT in the game.
              2) refuse to cave in but continue to try to sign him to a fair contract, which he would refuse to sign, hold out again, distract the team and have another mediocre season.
              3) move the beotch for the best offer we could get.

We chose option 3. What would you have done? BTW, NE won their 1st SB with a rookie 2nd round pick at LT. Peters can be replaced.
              What would I have done? Paid the man.

But it's irrelevant. You think paying him was a bad option and the team had no choice? Fine. It doesn't change the fact that we now have to rebuild.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

I just don't think they did this to rebuild...I think they did this because JP wasn't happy here and was going to continue to be a distraction to the progress of the team. So they moved on. Is it a shame we lost this player? Absolutely. Why? We don't really know. But it is what it is and it's over now and he won't be holding out again and hopefully everyone on the roster will have a good attitude about being here.

I count more than 4 holes anyway: LB; DE; TE; RB; LT; LG; DB... it does look really bad plus our schedule is brutal. Got to hope for the best and JP whining and complaining all season and playing at half mast wasn't going to get us there. IMO this is a step in the right direction even though it may be an immediate setback.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

We just moved a franchise LT for a bunch of draft picks. Translation: this team doesn't anticipate being good for at least two more seasons.

No LT, No LG, another team's back up at C, no OL depth, terrible DE's, big hole at OLB. There is no way that can be handled in one draft- it's impossible.

We are set at RB, WR, and CB and one S slot (yes, I am talking about Whitner, believe it or not). Every other position on this team is at best a question mark and at worst a glaring hole.

Why even bother with signing Terrell Owens? We have an inexperienced QB and no one to protect him.

Nah. Were not rebuilding. This move is more of a re-adjustment. It could work out, it could fail.

Honestly, if we come out of the draft with Ayers and Beatty or A.Smith and Sidbury it could actually work out nicely.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

What would I have done? Paid the man.

But it's irrelevant. You think paying him was a bad option and the team had no choice? Fine. It doesn't change the fact that we now have to rebuild.
                    the problem is he wanted too much and wouldn't budge. He's been hyped up and is not as good as he appears to be. He's going to hold out for that big payday before it emerges he's just an average joe IMO.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

i couldnt have said this better if i tried OP!!

honestly all i hope for is best player available in both spots in first round now.

and i will secretly be hoping we draft a QB at 11.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

I count more than 4 holes anyway: LB; DE; TE; RB; LT; LG; DB...
                        aha! More holes after 3 years and now a new one yet people think they can move on to bigger things? How about bigger holes.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

If we end up using our top pick for an OL, we're stuck with Schobel and Kelsay as our DE's. Woohooo!
                          Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-17-2009, 01:28 PM.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            If we end up using out top pick for an OL, we're stuck with Schobel and Kelsay as our DE's. Woohooo!
                            See, that's part of the issue- the Bills' FO (and numerous posters on here as well) don't see Schobel and Kelsay as a problem. They just use the Schobel injury excuse and say all will be well now that he's healthy.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

We should call our team The Buffaholes Bills.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X