X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    • Jun 2003

Now is the time to build the O-line...

Having two first round picks could really go a long way towards shoring up our O-line. If we take the best O-lineman available at #11 and the best O-lineman available at #28, we SHOULD have two immediate starters to plug in. I wouldn't expect great things in their first year, but would it really be any worse than last year?

This is my opinion that we should draft two lineman in RD1 and then DE in RD2. Now is the time to get some decent players for our pathetic excuse for an O-line.

We do not have much depth right now. I do not want to wait until RD3 or 4 to fill another O-lineman spot.
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Re: Now is the time to build the O-line...

I've said it for years... spend every single draft pick on either an OL or DL.

1 year, commit to the lines. If half of the players are still here in 3 years, you have 3-4 starting OL and DLmen!

Then, every year, simply refill the lines through the draft in rounds 1-3 and take specialty players rounds 4-7.

You'd be amazed at how good a 6th round QB or RB look when they have an incredible line! Troy Aikmen and Emmitt Smith come to mind.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Pride
      I've said it for years... spend every single draft pick on either an OL or DL.

1 year, commit to the lines. If half of the players are still here in 3 years, you have 3-4 starting OL and DLmen!

Then, every year, simply refill the lines through the draft in rounds 1-3 and take specialty players rounds 4-7.

You'd be amazed at how good a 6th round QB or RB look when they have an incredible line! Troy Aikmen and Emmitt Smith come to mind.
      I get what you are saying but Aikman and Smith were high round draft picks...lol

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
        Having two first round picks could really go a long way towards shoring up our O-line. If we take the best O-lineman available at #11 and the best O-lineman available at #28, we SHOULD have two immediate starters to plug in. I wouldn't expect great things in their first year, but would it really be any worse than last year?

This is my opinion that we should draft two lineman in RD1 and then DE in RD2. Now is the time to get some decent players for our pathetic excuse for an O-line.

We do not have much depth right now. I do not want to wait until RD3 or 4 to fill another O-lineman spot.

You just gave BB ,Sparano and Ryan woodies for the upcoming season.
        Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-17-2009, 01:41 PM.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

I have said this since the Peters crap started, build the line with rookies and not in FA, u got alot better chance of landing gems in the later rounds then you do at any other position with Oline
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

BTW, we still have a DL to build.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

R1. Everette Brown
              R1. William Beatty (move up with the Philly 4th)
              R2. Jarron Gilbert
              R3. -
              R4. Karl Urbik

Thats two top DL and two top OL with 4 of our first 5 picks. We can upgrade both sides of the trenches

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                You just gave BB ,Sparano and Ryan woodies for the upcoming season.
                So?

You like to post what you already read on ESPN?

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

Does anyone really think the 2009 Buffalo Bills were going to the playoffs before the offseason started? I think all of these moves are going eventually help us more than anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X